1/6 Hot Toys - MMS308 - Ant-Man: Ant-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darthkush, I get where you're coming from as I used to do something similar but I've learned it's best to just be up front and honest with your spouse. It's a lot worse when she finds out you've been lying to her. And SHE WILL FIND OUT. Explain your passion for the hobby. My wife still doesn't really "get it" but she'd prefer I spend money on figures than say drugs, booze or Philipino prostitutes.

Anyhoo, here's some pics of my only super hero. (The rest is Star Wars, GoT and Walking Dead) He really is one of Hot Toys best efforts.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 236
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 234
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 240
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 249
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 245
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 249
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 247
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 248
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    784 KB · Views: 241
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg
WOW!
I'm so glad I ore-ordered him from Sideshow on day one.
Sold out almost every where.
Other places already raising the price on him.

My favorite thing about this guy is he stands just fine without the base! Have him on a shelf standing in front of 1/6 Hulk. Any 'shaking' and he would just lean back against the green giant....

My favorite thing about this guy is he stands just fine without the base! Have him on a shelf standing in front of 1/6 Hulk. Any 'shaking' and he would just lean back against the green giant....

Oh and I guess I am lucky...my wife just gives a slight frown when I tell her I have ordered something (12 1/6 scale, 1 1/4 scale and 1 gentle giant statue since October 2015) with three 1/4 scale figures on pre-order and two premium statues on pre-order. Then when she sees each one she says, "Cool"!!

Really need yellow jacket to go with this figure. Kinda seems out of place with the rest of my collection. Right now I have the mini fig on my mark 42 standing on his bd arm, and the figure on a stand alone shelf kinda like the above pics

Oh and I guess I am lucky...my wife just gives a slight frown when I tell her I have ordered something (12 1/6 scale, 1 1/4 scale and 1 gentle giant statue since October 2015) with three 1/4 scale figures on pre-order and two premium statues on pre-order. Then when she sees each one she says, "Cool"!!

My wife have come around and learned to accept my crazy figure addiction. Lol... I used lie about pricing when I was buying like 3 figures a month. Until she called me out on the bull$';t, lol.. as long as bills are paid the the kids are good I spend my money on whatever I want! I do make sure to buy "just because" gifts for my wife to smooth her over tho. She even dust my figures and repose my pepper potts and black widow sometimes. Nothing like a supportive spouse

Some women can make life hell unless things go their way. You're keeping what little peace you can. Just like when you tell her she doesn't look fat in that one outfit that looks more like a moo moo with belt than a dress. lol

Why do men seem to keep marrying these "some women" based on all the comments I see in collectible forums? LOL. It's weird how many male collectors I've met who have wives that apparently have a say in how they spend their personal money THEY EARNED that DOESN'T need to go toward kids, bills, home repairs, etc. Like...it's YOUR spending money. Sure, if your kids are starving and you're buying Hot Toys, you've got a problem. Buuut....

Marriage is weird. I think I'll pass on it. :rotfl

Why do men seem to keep marrying these "some women" based on all the comments I see in collectible forums? LOL. It's weird how many male collectors I've met who have wives that apparently have a say in how they spend their personal money THEY EARNED that DOESN'T need to go toward kids, bills, home repairs, etc. Like...it's YOUR spending money. Sure, if your kids are starving and you're buying Hot Toys, you've got a problem. Buuut....

:rotfl you're clearly not married at all :rotfl such innocence

I take it you've never been married. It's not about spouses having a say it's voluntarily giving the spouse a say with your money and versa visa when it comes to the financial stability of the household(especially if kids a present). If this seems foreign to you than marriage probably shouldn't pursued, not everyone has to get married or have kids. This tangents into another subject of people having kids because they feel they have to, like a rite of passage into adulthood when clearly they make horrible parents(and spouses).

If my spouse treated my hobbies the way I hear some male collectors say their wives treat their hobbies, I'd be out the door, mate. Who has time for that? I deal with enough garbage from people outside my home. I have no desire to bring that inside. I mean, sure, you shouldn't be spending thousands and thousands yearly on toys without maybe a talk with your significant other, but...meh. I'm just surprised at all these collectors who talk about how angry their wives get about their hobby, how much they dislike it, how they have to lie and hide their stuff, etc etc. Doesn't seem like a recipe for a good relationship, but heck, all I've got is a cat, so what do I know?

I definitely like controlling my own money, so yeah...single it is!

If my spouse treated my hobbies the way I hear some male collectors say their wives treat their hobbies, I'd be out the door, mate. Who has time for that? I deal with enough garbage from people outside my home. I have no desire to bring that inside. I mean, sure, you shouldn't be spending thousands and thousands yearly on toys without maybe a talk with your significant other, but...meh. I'm just surprised at all these collectors who talk about how angry their wives get about their hobby, how much they dislike it, how they have to lie and hide their stuff, etc etc. Doesn't seem like a recipe for a good relationship, but heck, all I've got is a cat, so what do I know?

I definitely like controlling my own money, so yeah...single it is!

Yeah hiding stuff is bad. My wife knows what I buy, would prefer I don't spend the money but is overall OK with it, she's just not into "nerdy" stuff. My point was not everyone should get married and have kids and it's OK. My uncle has never been married, still screws around with women and keeps all his money and is content but now he's starting to regret not going the family route because he's getting lonely now that he's older but every choice has consequences.

I am married and the deal is just give a head's up on bigger purchases. It is a two way street for us. As for Hot Toys buying she prefers them over any other toys I get. So she is good with them. She bought half of them for gift giving reason anyway. But hiding things form the wife is never a good idea. It will always lead to problems. I set a spending budget for toys every year and I stick to it.

My wife have come around and learned to accept my crazy figure addiction. Lol... I used lie about pricing when I was buying like 3 figures a month. Until she called me out on the bull$';t, lol.. as long as bills are paid the the kids are good I spend my money on whatever I want! I do make sure to buy "just because" gifts for my wife to smooth her over tho. She even dust my figures and repose my pepper potts and black widow sometimes. Nothing like a supportive spouse
Man this is almost exactly my story... except for the part where she dusts or touches my figures. She knows better not to do that, lol. She breaks things easily so no way would I'd be that brave to let her touch my things. Oh and my kids are grown and moved out.

Never been married, never will be. :wink1: Not worth it for me. I'm too independent and a MASSIVE introvert who needs space, and too many of the men I meet basically want another mother, except when night time rolls around. :rotfl

Never been married, never will be. :wink1: Not worth it for me. I'm too independent and a MASSIVE introvert who needs space, and too many of the men I meet basically want another mother, except when night time rolls around. :rotfl

That describes me to a T. :lol :hi5:

I feel like if I ever did meet my SO, it would be at a comic convention or something equally nerdy. Least then, I know they probably wouldn't care about what I spend my disposable income on.

Many people don't like the notion of being alone, so they almost force themselves to find someone and consequently, sometimes end up just settling for someone for the sake of not being alone. That's usually a result of them not being comfortable with themselves and who they are, so they need to find someone else to make them happy or fill that empty void for them that they can't fill for themselves. Companionship and love is important of course, but in order for someone else to fully like, accept and respect you as you are, you have to first like, accept and respect who you are first.

I get and respect that. But not all marriages follow the same formula.
When I was single, I used to say that I would settle for a partner to share my fun. And I found one.
15 years of marriage, no kids (and no intention, from both of us). She is geek like me, has her own hobbies (and even a small figure collection). We share a lot of interest and talk for hours, everyday.
My life (relationship-wise) is perfect, .

Back