1/6 Hot Toys - MMS308 - Ant-Man: Ant-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry but no. The scale is 1/6. It's always 1/6 (or 1/4 ect)..It's the scale they say. They are making a scaled version of a specific object at a specific scale. It's that object is 2 ft tall or 50ft tall or 1/3 inch at full scale doesn't matter.

Sorry but no. The scale is 1/6. It's always 1/6 (or 1/4 ect)..It's the scale they say. They are making a scaled version of a specific object at a specific scale. It's that object is 2 ft tall or 50ft tall or 1/3 inch at full scale doesn't matter.

1/6 refers to the fraction of the size vs. the original. A six foot human equals a one foot figure. Divide by six to get the figure. A 1/3 inch character represented at 1/6 scale would be tiny, because it's one centimeter divided by six. It wouldn't be larger because that would be a different scale. Full scale size always matters. Otherwise, 1/6 Hulkbuster would be 12 inches tall, and so would 1/6 Rocket Racoon.

Sent from the bat cave

1/6 refers to the fraction of the size vs. the original. A six foot human equals a one foot figure. Divide by six to get the figure. A 1/3 inch character represented at 1/6 scale would be tiny, because it's one centimeter divided by six. It wouldn't be larger because that would be a different scale. Full scale size always matters. Otherwise, 1/6 Hulkbuster would be 12 inches tall, and so would 1/6 Rocket Racoon.

Sent from the bat cave

Which is what I said. The 1/6 hot toys figure line is always, shocker 1/6. It doesn't matter if the source figure is X size. The scale is the same. I did not say, which you seem to have thought, that the actual size of the figure or full size version is this or that. I said a 1/6 (announced) scale version is in fact 1/6. Just Becuase the character can alter size in the source material doesn't mean the scale of the figure is different. (I.e. Just Becuase antman can be 12 inches tall the 1/6 scale 12 inch tall hot toys figure is not 1/1. It's still based on the 6 ft tall iteration.)

The red dio announced size is 1/6. So it's 1/6 no matter if Anthony is 3inches long in another scene or 300 ft long later.

I'm not sure what you think I said. I understand pretty well how scale works. I said that when they announce the scale at 1/6 then it's 1/6. Lol no matter if the character on screen changes sizes. If he goes from super small to massive the scale of the figure does NOT change. That doesn't mean that 1/6 hulkbuster would be the same size as 1/6 RDJ, nor did I say it did. I was saying the fact that the character changes size in film doesn't matter.

Just to use your example of a human...if they announce a 1/6 scale figure (not a 12 inch line..those are seperate legally and licensing and rights ect) and the 1/6 figure is 12.5 inches tall then you can know the 1/1 height it's modeled after. If that character is say antman, and he changes sizes it doesn't matter(even if that figure can somehow correlate to a different size and and scale combo) relative to that particular figure. If you want to pretend it's a 1/2 scale representation of a 25 inch tall and man that's fine. Or so on. But the figure is still a 1/6 scale figure. If the manufacture says its 1/6 scale them it's 1/6 scale. Simple.

Last edited:
Which is what I said. The 1/6 hot toys figure line is always, shocker 1/6. It doesn't matter if the source figure is X size. The scale is the same. I did not say, which you seem to have thought, that the actual size of the figure or full size version is this or that.

Yeah. I was like, "There's no way Motux is serious. I'm probably misunderstanding his post." Didn't know if you were messing around or you seriously didn't get it.

Sent from the bat cave

The red dio announced size is 1/6. So it's 1/6 no matter if Anthony is 3inches...
If you want to pretend it's a 1/2 scale representation of a 25 inch tall and man that's fine. Or so on. But the figure is still a 1/6 scale figure. If the manufacture says its 1/6 scale them it's 1/6 scale. Simple.

You're right. They have to announce that Antony as 1/6 because it's made for the 1/6 Ant-Man. Like when you buy accessories on eBay, they always specify that the item is meant for a 1/6 figure.

Sent from the bat cave

Every HT IM and Cap from the very first one has been elevated each film and each figure has an improvement. Expect the CW Ant - Man to be probably the best HT will make of AM because the following film he will more likely be Giant-Man.

Yeah so the CW will be the best AM figure because its ant and giant man then xD

You're right. They have to announce that Antony as 1/6 because it's made for the 1/6 Ant-Man. Like when you buy accessories on eBay, they always specify that the item is meant for a 1/6 figure.

While the ant is an accessory for a 1/6 scale Ant Man, as has been stated above, the Ant never grew any larger than a normal ant, so it's not actually 1/6(Because Scott never rode on it's back when he was full size, lol).
But i understand why they would have to market it as such.

If you want a 1/6 Anthony

View attachment 253444

Is this 6th scale Anthony supposed to be an actual representation from the film...with handlebars, I never saw handlebars?

ant-man-and-antony.jpg

Curious. The thing that Red Dioramas has on ANTony looks like a motorcycle tank, handle bars and seat? Maybe they were still working on the saddlebag part??

Is RED Diorama on this forum to ask?

I even went back to se if I had added a wink, to make it even clearer that I was joking with the character size changing abilities. I did.

Sometimes these foruns are tiring, with how much people takes thing serious. It was a joke man!

---

If Antony was released as a ride for a 1/6 Ant-Man figure, that would be one big ant. Maybe half a tumbler's size.

It would be scaled in accordance to a 1/6 Ant-Man, but would not a 1/6 scale Antony, since the 1/6 scale Ant-Man with it would be representing a smaller version of the character, when he was riding Antony.

Last edited:
I even went back to se if I had added a wink, to make it even clearer that I was joking with the character size changing abilities. I did.

Sometimes these foruns are tiring, with how much people takes thing serious. It was a joke man!

---

If Antony was released as a ride for a 1/6 Ant-Man figure, that would be one big ant. Maybe half a tumbler's size.

It would be scaled in accordance to a 1/6 Ant-Man, but would not a 1/6 scale Antony, since the 1/6 scale Ant-Man with it would be representing a smaller version of the character, when he was riding Antony.

You say you where joking and Then go on to further back up the statement. So are you still joking?

It's a 1/6 Anthony. You know how you can tell? The person that made it said it was. Pretty simple. Hot toys makes 1/6 figures. You know how you can tell? They say they are making 1:6. It's the same thing.

As for the comment that it would be the size of a tumbler...how do you know it's not?

Back