1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt HT will do another run this late in the game when the original stock sat for months not moving.

But I do believe this will motivate their ESB Leia. Which I would very much like.

Demand and supply- simple economics. I say wait if you can- HT will likely do another run- and then the inevidible numerous "tribute" Leias coming from everyone...
It was hard to sell this figure for $180 last month....

:exactly:

People seemingly had lukewarm interest in it before, even when stock was plentiful and as you said, you could score her for even under retail. Now since the interest in the figure of those very same people has skyrocketed, price has skyrocketed also.

Agree with WG though in doubting HT will do another run of ANH Leia. They'll move on to ESB.

Demand and supply- simple economics. I say wait if you can- HT will likely do another run- and then the inevidible numerous "tribute" Leias coming from everyone...
It was hard to sell this figure for $180 last month....

:lecture Anyone who didn't want the figure before she died but now all of a sudden wants the figure because she's died... that's exactly the type of behaviour that inflates prices. No point grumbling about it or being outraged :dunno

I wonder if other Leia figures were available, whether this would be still seen as the ultimate 'tribute' figure, or if it's just a matter of lack of choice. It's not my favourite look for her, although it is probably the first one people think of (followed by the slave girl in the xy chromosone market...)

:lecture Anyone who didn't want the figure before she died but now all of a sudden wants the figure because she's died... that's exactly the type of behaviour that inflates prices. No point grumbling about it or being outraged :dunno

that`s how it always has been. I bought the figure when it first came out because it was princess leia.

that`s how it always has been. I bought the figure when it first came out because it was princess leia.

Yeh, it wasn't so long ago that if you wanted a figure at MSRP you'd have to PO it. The idea that a figure will stick around for months on end at MSRP is kinda recent.

Same with me. She was an absolute must buy as soon as she got released. She was my first boyhood crush and such an iconic character in the OT. I don't see how you could have a serious Star Wars collection without her. I mean let's face it she's arguably the most important character in ANH. If it wasn't for her quick thinking in smuggling the plans off the Rebel Blockade runner then the Rebels would have stood no chance.

People seemingly had lukewarm interest in it before, even when stock was plentiful and as you said, you could score her for even under retail. Now since the interest in the figure of those very same people has skyrocketed, price has skyrocketed also.

Agree with WG though in doubting HT will do another run of ANH Leia. They'll move on to ESB.

Maybe they'll do another run but with a bit of dirt on the dress and call it "Princess Leia - Deathstar Escape" and the exclusive comes with a scratch n' sniff sticker that smells like garbage for an extra $40. :lol

Seriously though, I see them moving on to ESB as well, either Hoth or Bespin gown. Although a ceremony Leia would be nice to see.

Maybe they'll do another run but with a bit of dirt on the dress and call it "Princess Leia - Deathstar Escape" and the exclusive comes with a scratch n' sniff sticker that smells like garbage for an extra $40. :lol

Seriously though, I see them moving on to ESB as well, either Hoth or Bespin gown. Although a ceremony Leia would be nice to see.

That's an interesting idea for a variant or how about Detention block

Last edited:
I care because I missed out on the chance to get her when she was a decent price and now I can only find her for ridiculous prices. Hard to ignore when everyone on eBay is doing it.

You didn't miss out on anything. You had every opportunity to create a payment plan with sideshow or flat out purchase it. It was around for what, close to a year? I bought mine from sideshow the day she died. Princess Leia was the last figured I needed and I was holding out for a price drop since the figure is so bare bones. When Fisher passed I knew it would sell out soon and prices would be too much on the aftermarket, so I bought one. You could have done the exact same.

I was contemplating picking up the figure after her death, but then thought back on why I didn't pick it up before her death - I just didn't like the figure. I'll continue to wait patiently for a Hoth/Bespin version of the Princess and Han.

I'd have to go back and find Luke though :lol

I was contemplating picking up the figure after her death, but then thought back on why I didn't pick it up before her death - I just didn't like the figure. I'll continue to wait patiently for a Hoth/Bespin version of the Princess and Han.

I'd have to go back and find Luke though :lol

Be patient unless you can find her at a reasonable retail price..remember the Ledger Joker deluxe versions came out of nowhere.

How can HT not plan a special edition Leia in the future.

Poor Solo. Everyone up until I'd say RotJ basically thought his ship was piece of ****. :lol

Same with me. She was an absolute must buy as soon as she got released. She was my first boyhood crush and such an iconic character in the OT. I don't see how you could have a serious Star Wars collection without her. I mean let's face it she's arguably the most important character in ANH. If it wasn't for her quick thinking in smuggling the plans off the Rebel Blockade runner then the Rebels would have stood no chance.

I mean it's people's money and they're free to get what they want and spend it how they like, but if you evidently didn't want and had minimal interest in a figure when it was easily available for a good amount of time, I'm not sure why the actor or actress suddenly passing would all of a sudden make your interest in the figure just shoot through the roof. It's still the same figure that you had no interest in before.

Poor Solo. Everyone up until I'd say RotJ basically thought his ship was piece of ****. :lol

It's hard to tell.. Lando said it was a fast ship in ESB when he had it but I have no doubt that Han did something to make it even faster and better, hence the mentioning " I made some special modifications " in ANH and let's not forget that the Falcon was literally being fixed in ESB but it still kicked butt and the fact that 30 years later in TFA Rey still got it to smoke the tie fighters is amazing.

I kind of wish the falcon was around in the PT just to have seen how they would've used it

It's hard to tell.. Lando said it was a fast ship in ESB when he had it but I have no doubt that Han did something to make it even faster and better, hence the mentioning " I made some special modifications " in ANH and let's not forget that the Falcon was literally being fixed in ESB but it still kicked butt and the fact that 30 years later in TFA Rey still got it to smoke the tie fighters is amazing.

I kind of wish the falcon was around in the PT just to have seen how they would've used it

Should have said everyone that wasn't familiar with it already. It used to be Lando's ship, so he knows what it's capable of.

I like to think that the fact that it failed to go to light speed three different occasions in the film was kind of an ongoing joke within the film, and a lot of people thinking that it was a piece of **** actually an ongoing joke in the SW films in general come to think of it, since Rey referred to it as "garbage".

Of course, we all know it's a bad ass ship though. As mentioned, everyone who wasn't already familiar with it though thought it was a piece of crap. Luke, Leia, Rey. The fact that it failed to go to light speed three different times in ESB, all in Leia's presence, I'm sure didn't help her impression of it. :lol

I always put off buying her because of how naff the dress looks. Now that Carrie has passed, I (and quite a few people) really want her figure to remember her by. I didn't know her on a personal level but her death has really affected me.

This is just as bad as the scalper mentality imo.

People had months to get this thing. But ohhhh "muh Carrie died, now I want to jump on it and buy it". Too bad.

If they don't do another ANH Leia run the prices are going to continue to climb for this....

Back