1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sculpt was the best of the HT OT but I sold mine because I know the ESB figs are going to be much better and I prefer ESB Leia

If they don't do another ANH Leia run the prices are going to continue to climb for this....

Until they come out with an ESB version. Hoth outfit especially. Then you'll see many people attempting to dump this one in favor of that one, or simply going after that one in lieu of the ANH one if they don't already have a Leia yet.

Sculpt was the best of the HT OT but I sold mine because I know the ESB figs are going to be much better and I prefer ESB Leia

Really? This may be the only Leia figure we'll ever see with Carrie's likeness.

We may NOT see another Leia figure for some time to come or not at all. Why?

California law already gives heirs control over actors' posthumous profits by requiring their permission for any of use of their likeness. As technology has improved, many living actors there are more focused on steering their legacy with stipulations on how their images are used - or by forbidding their use.

FTA:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/actors-s...-screen-resurrections-203509639--finance.html

But if Carrie had no ownership over her likeness when she was alive (she often repeated that she signed everything away to Lucasfilm) then I doubt that her heirs will have any say now that she's gone. That law probably refers to using likenesses of deceased actors where specific ownership wasn't bought and paid for prior to death.

Like if Hot Toys wanted to make a generic Audrey Hepburn figure. Then they'd have to seek permission from her estate.

As I understood it, any actor appearing in a Star Wars film signs away their likeness rights for the character (because LFL wouldn't allow their merchandising arm to be hobbled).

The likeness clause in the LFL contracts with actors is iron-clad.

They can produce figures of ANY of the characters from the existing films in the actors' likenesses in perpetuity.

If they never make another Leia product that looks like Carrie Fisher, it would be by choice.

Back