1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The likeness clause in the LFL contracts with actors is iron-clad.

They can produce figures of ANY of the characters from the existing films in the actors' likenesses in perpetuity.

If they never make another Leia product that looks like Carrie Fisher, it would be by choice.

But surely her death changes things? Even if the contract gives LFL rights in perpetuity if her heirs challenged it then Disney would be doing something potentially at odds with public opinion if they ignored the wishes of her heirs.

Perpetuity is for ever...

31158160834_37cc3dedb1_t.jpg

Just finished reading her new book. Will be interesting to now watch ANH again knowing that she and Harrison were knocking boots every weekend for pretty much the entire shoot. A funny tweet I saw the other day said that she went out the way most women would dream of--right after proclaiming to the world that she got to sleep with Harrison Ford in his prime. That's all I have to contribute to this thread, haha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But surely her death changes things? Even if the contract gives LFL rights in perpetuity if her heirs challenged it then Disney would be doing something potentially at odds with public opinion if they ignored the wishes of her heirs.

I doubt it. The only one who legally could even try is Billie (her daughter), and I don't see her doing that.

They can produce figures of ANY of the characters from the existing films in the actors' likenesses in perpetuity.

If they never make another Leia product that looks like Carrie Fisher, it would be by choice.

Welcome back buddy! What'd you think of Rogue One? Or is WB forbidding you to say? ;)

Carrie's been raging about this issue for decades.

I'm guessing Todd and Bryan will be handling/looking into this on behalf of Carrie and Billie.

Perhaps. But I'm 99.9% certain they wouldn't even try as long as Kathy Kennedy is at LFL. They're all pretty close. If anything, Kathy may just issue an edict to lay off Leia collectibles for a while out of respect.

Now, if/when Kennedy leaves and if LFL is completely dissolved into Disney all bets may be off :p

Perhaps. But I'm 99.9% certain they wouldn't even try as long as Kathy Kennedy is at LFL. They're all pretty close. If anything, Kathy may just issue an edict to lay off Leia collectibles for a while out of respect.

Now, if/when Kennedy leaves and if LFL is completely dissolved into Disney all bets may be off :p

Yup. We'll see...

b7aeb23556b07dfa543c29df019e4ac0.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Loving this. Carl rocking The Rogue! :yess:

So then what's the hold up with HT not making Tarkin, Krennic, or Poe? Is it simply a business decision based on what will and won't sell well?

Sideshow is saying she's sold out now. Bit confused though as I still have a couple months left paying for her. Shouldn't she still be listed as "waitlist" if folks are still making payments?

Back