1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

Yep, the hair is normal. Its supposed to fade like that to represent how natural hair is pulled up. If it were all painted in..well it would look heavy handed and un-naturalistic.

That makes sense. Thanks!

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

Mine is light in that area too. Maybe yours is a bit lighter but seems normal.
0f15479fdb0a8669e7e4709de64454bc.jpg

Thanks for checking!

Mine is the same way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The name plates are made to be interchangeable. It's tricky but you have to find the slot and slightly push it up a tad into the grooves so it will rest in place.

Thanks for the advice. I was considering gluing it but didn't want it to be permanent, but like you recommended I'll try epoxy glue. I know these figures are not always perfect but I just wanted to get the opinion of some of the other collectors as I am new to the forums.

Cool...a little epoxy goes a long way, just use enough to hold the plate in place.

Thanks for the advice. I was considering gluing it but didn't want it to be permanent, but like you recommended I'll try epoxy glue. I know these figures are not always perfect but I just wanted to get the opinion of some of the other collectors as I am new to the forums.

Try double-sided tape

Got mine today from Popcultcha...

WP_20160518_19_45_52_Pro 2_zpsplgazpha.jpg

I'm not much of a poser. But I'm happy now with my collection.

Got mine today from Popcultcha...

View attachment 265068

I'm not much of a poser. But I'm happy now with my collection.

I was wondering what the SS Lando looked like compared to the HT figures. His head really does not seem that out of scale. Think I will pick one up if I can find him at a decent price.

Leia arrived today and I noticed that the hair on the back of her head near the bottom is faded. Is this normal or should I contact SS about this?

Also, the figure name plate keeps falling off on both Leia & Luke. The grey plastic bit is loose. Has someone figured out a fix for this? Thanks!

HTF, this is how I display my SW figures, mostly so Chewbacca will fit in the display case.

IMG_7784.JPG

Anyone else try this pose? I can't get it any closer to the screenshot.
1d3dd1890ab9459456ead155dc0ea7c0.jpg

6a8dbd894cd740bdb61c0d39c92f6c40.jpg

I finally got around to un-boxing Leia and I must say, I really enjoy the figure; she's the first female character in my collection and was a must-have to round out my SW collection...although I'm still waiting on Han.

Anyone else try this pose? I can't get it any closer to the screenshot.
1d3dd1890ab9459456ead155dc0ea7c0.jpg

6a8dbd894cd740bdb61c0d39c92f6c40.jpg

I think you'll have a hard getting her head back at that angle. It may look better if you can get her down on one knee instead of trying to match the pose exactly.

Yeh, her head and back don't bend that way plus the dress won't hang right.

I'm surprised you got R2 to lean forward like that, mine has weak "ankles" and would tumble forward.

Back