1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

I think a crotch grabber will give her a conspicuous lump in the front of her dress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

I think a crotch grabber will give her a conspicuous lump in the front of her dress.

628ab97ad04acc31c1a51ad4902dd0b5.gif

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

She's a MAN, baby!

c694cc9a258cc4c1d95839de86911b1e.jpg
My collection seriously needs a leia upgrade. C'mon HT!!!

Awesome group shot, Bmac. Great poses all around. :clap

That Leia was bad from the get-go. :lol

I'm so glad Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon were damn good for the time. Don't even think I'll ever replace them. Old Ben might need a repaint or touch-up down the road, but that's gonna be costly.

This may have been posted...but figured I'd post this here just in case... Maybe HT will make a slave Leia at some point. Taken from a Vanity Fair article on Kathleen Kennedy....

"Referring to a notorious scene in Return of the Jedi, I asked Kennedy if she would ever have put Princess Leia in a golden bikini—the famous “slave Leia” costume that is embedded in the collective unconscious of legions of men who were adolescents in the 80s. “With a chain around her neck?,” Kennedy asked, arching an eyebrow and laughing. “I don’t think that would happen.” She quickly added that she didn’t think George Lucas would put her in that bikini today. Despite rumors, Disney is not banning the image from future Star Wars paraphernalia."

That Leia was bad from the get-go. :lol

I'm so glad Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon were damn good for the time. Don't even think I'll ever replace them. Old Ben might need a repaint or touch-up down the road, but that's gonna be costly.

Yep. Same here. Not gonna replace old Ben. My HT Luke is on the way. I still have to pay the balance for HT Leia once available from PopCultcha. Now trying to raise funds for HT Han.

WP_20160206_19_55_11_Pro_LI.jpg

You guys think this may be the only Leia released? With all the new SW movies coming out, will they really be double dipping back into Leia from the OT? Feel like Han, Luke, Yoda, Vader and the Emperor etc...will be of higher priority.

If it sells well, then I would think they'd definitely make an ESB version and ROTJ Endor version. Slave Leia at some point probably too. Even if it only sells okay I would think they would want to re-use the sculpt/body and also make a version from each movie to go with other characters. Her outfits don't seem overly complex.

Just to make Hot Toys' decision easier you should probably buy this one and sell it when the next one comes along.

Yep. Same here. Not gonna replace old Ben. My HT Luke is on the way. I still have to pay the balance for HT Leia once available from PopCultcha. Now trying to raise funds for HT Han.

View attachment 244595

ah the good ol medicom yoda I still think this is the better version yoda until HT does him maybe

You guys think this may be the only Leia released? With all the new SW movies coming out, will they really be double dipping back into Leia from the OT? Feel like Han, Luke, Yoda, Vader and the Emperor etc...will be of higher priority.

How do you think Hot Toys will space out the OT figures?

If 2015 was any indication, they will release OT figures in the months ramping up to Episode 8 (2017) & Episode 9 (2019). I think Princess Leia is the only announced OT figure that won't make it out during the theatrical release of Episode 7... still waiting too see that darn SSC exclusive backdrop. :lol

They'll inevitably double/triple dip on the main characters but I wonder if Hot Toys will take some risks and produce some of the other characters (like Jabba). I guess SSC could fill in that niche.

The two companies seem to have some sort of agreement not to step on each other toes - the SSC release of R2D2 and C3PO for example. I'm hoping to see Hot Toys take on the droids - the SSC ones were merely adequate and the materials felt really cheap.... Diecast, anyone?

Back