1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

Ha! Click on any one of my threads for plenty of free photos, how-tos and all kinds of other info. Click on my Flickr or Instagram link under my name in any thread to see a lot more. I just don't have the time to take photos every day nor on a snap request. I have paying customers that need that time.
This seemed like one of those cases. Just giving you a hard time.

What'd you go with for the body for Han? I was looking for a cheap Banner body for a while but gave up.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

What'd you go with for the body for Han? I was looking for a cheap Banner body for a while but gave up.

I lucked out here. I wasn't initially planning on swapping the body, it just happened that I had this nice necked Soldier Story here with rubber upper chest. I think I paid $13 for it and maybe $20 to $25 for the DAM boots I'm using. I sold the original body for somewhere around $80+ and the original boots for $40.

I actually just meant the Hot Toys OT releases so far, lol. I know there have been better sculpts before. I have two of them. :D

I have... 45 or so 1/6 figures and out of all them, Han somehow became my favorite. And I really liked the DoFP Wolverine. Anyone who has that figure knows how good it is. Oddly enough, I didn't even want to get Han or Chewie. But then I preordered Leia. xD

It's funny seeing people debate which HT figure they dislike the least.

I like Luke, then Han, then Obi Wan. Luke's face is really good, especially when you look at it with the hair off.

I think in hand Leia will end up being the best.

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

I like Luke, then Han, then Obi Wan. Luke's face is really good, especially when you look at it with the hair off.

I think in hand Leia will end up being the best.

It's even better when you look at it with the training helmet on. Zing!

Edit: whoops wrong thread. (Had a picture of Ben thinking we were over there).

Noooooooo. :) Sideshow announced their Vader in Spring 2013 and it shipped in January 2014. It's ROTJ-specific. Hot Toys announced their Vader in 2014 and it just shipped late last year, almost 2 years after Sideshow's. It's ANH-specific.

Sideshow's Luke and Han are from 2006/2007. HT's 2015.

BUT..... HT made their announcements while Sideshow was still selling Vader, Hoth Luke and Hoth Han. People had big debates about which Han was the "keeper". It influenced buying choices.

Is disliking the least the same as liking the most?

Spoken like one who has neither...

Ah so now we have to own one to know what they look like in person. Got it. Some of us don't do all our shopping online. We actually like to head to stores to look at figures before buying.

It appears that they released Ant Man instead of Leia this week. :(

I hope they're still planning on releasing her in February.

Ah so now we have to own one to know what they look like in person. Got it. Some of us don't do all our shopping online. We actually like to head to stores to look at figures before buying.

Yes, that's correct. You have to see them in person.

Oops....

So it's just personal preference, I couldn't be the only one thinking this though! Hahaha

The only thing making this figure look more natural would be a new robe fashioned out of a thinner material.

I broke down...and pre-ordered it, she'll look great next to my new Vader! Can anyone tell me if replacement bodies work well with the heads, hands and feet from SSC or HT? I'm looking to get one for Leia, just to get a more "realistic" look. Really, I just want it to have nipples kinda showing through the gown. ��

:slap

I broke down...and pre-ordered it, she'll look great next to my new Vader! Can anyone tell me if replacement bodies work well with the heads, hands and feet from SSC or HT? I'm looking to get one for Leia, just to get a more "realistic" look. Really, I just want it to have nipples kinda showing through the gown. ��

Was this something Lucas did in the SE? Did he add nipples digitally? I don't recall nipples in any version I ever saw. :lol :cuckoo:

I can't be the only one thinking this, right?
I don't think it's movie accurate at all, I think she was "taped" down.

Back