1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Princess Leia Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

If they're going to give us more releases like ANH Han, Luke and Obi Wan, they might as well stop now, I'm not interested. If they step up their game, then I'm willing to take a look.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

The two companies seem to have some sort of agreement not to step on each other toes - the SSC release of R2D2 and C3PO for example.

Darth Vader disagrees with you.

Both companies announced or issued Vader, Luke and Han at the same time.

If they're going to give us more releases like ANH Han, Luke and Obi Wan, they might as well stop now, I'm not interested. If they step up their game, then I'm willing to take a look.

This cracked me up. It's not like these figures have sold out or anything...

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS298 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Leia Organa Collectible Figure

I'd buy almost anything Hot Toys puts out for OT Star Wars. Almost. Space Trooper not necessary. All the HT releases so far have been great. Love them all. Keep Em coming HT! My wallet is already on fire! Might as well pour some lava on it!

I really don't mind this one. Much better than Han and Obi.

Do you have any pics of your custom 1/6 scale star wars figs you could share?

Pixel has a good point, though. The sculpts on both Han and Luke, while by no means GODAWFUL, missed the mark. At least in my opinion. Hot Toys needs to do better. I bought the figures, but I'm buying that custom sculpt for Han, and praying a sculptor will tackle ANH Luke. I'm usually 95% happy with Hot Toy's sculpts, but these Star Wars figures... I dunno. They could have done better.

Harrison Ford is very difficult to sculpt. Past releases from vast companies have pretty much proven that. So, all things considered... Han is the best OT sculpt yet, and I dare say the best mass market Harrison there is.

Luke is definitely the weakest of the OT stuff from Hot Toys, where likeness is concerned. Ben is good, but something is most definitely off and I think it's the shape of the head, which should be just a smidge narrow, and the lack of correct coloration in the beard and hair.

Leia is pretty damn good though. Her robe could do with some lighter fabric, to flow more naturally, but alas.

I actually think Luke is better than Han, but like Obi Wan best of the three. Some here think Obi Wan is one of the worst figure likenesses they've ever seen, though! I think the best HT Star Wars sculpt we've had so far, in the likeness department, is the damaged Bespin Luke. Leia may rival that one, but we'll see.

I think Luke is the worst, followed by Han, and Obi Wan is the best. Too bad I have no interest in him!

Leia looks really, really good. I'm hoping she's as impressive in-hand.

I've only seen a few pics of Han that do him justice. And one of them is the reason I decided to grab him in the first place. Hey, someone had to keep Leia company. xD

Pixel charges for pictures of his figures. They're that good.

I hope not. I've seen him around these forums for a while, and he's obviously one of the staunchest critics. Curious to see how much better figures can be.

I think Luke is the worst, followed by Han, and Obi Wan is the best. Too bad I have no interest in him!

Leia looks really, really good. I'm hoping she's as impressive in-hand.

Strictly likeness to the actor I think Kenobi might be the worst for me, but he's maybe my favorite figure somehow. Han I like second best. Can't wait to get Leia to complete the group.

I hope not. I've seen him around these forums for a while, and he's obviously one of the staunchest critics. Curious to see how much better figures can be.

I don't think he has any completed customs (just WIP) based one what he's said, but he can chime in.

Strictly likeness to the actor I think Kenobi might be the worst for me... Can't wait to get Leia to complete the group.

I agree. The Kenobi figure is excellent all around except for the lack of likeness to Sir A. G. It's a nice sculpt, well painted but isn't a home-run for me. Still glad I picked him up, though.

I said it long ago, before any Leia pics surfaced, that she would be the best of the bunch in terms of likeness. if she's anything like the prototype, I shall be very happy. The dress material looks to be the only negative.

All of the OT sculpts so far leave something to be desired, but that doesn't stop the figures being fantastic to own, pose and look at every day on a shelf.

Darth Vader disagrees with you. Both companies announced or issued Vader, Luke and Han at the same time.

Noooooooo. :) Sideshow announced their Vader in Spring 2013 and it shipped in January 2014. It's ROTJ-specific. Hot Toys announced their Vader in 2014 and it just shipped late last year, almost 2 years after Sideshow's. It's ANH-specific.

Sideshow's Luke and Han are from 2006/2007. HT's 2015.

Pixel charges for pictures of his figures. They're that good.

Ha! Click on any one of my threads for plenty of free photos, how-tos and all kinds of other info. Click on my Flickr or Instagram link under my name in any thread to see a lot more. I just don't have the time to take photos every day nor on a snap request. I have paying customers that need that time.

Han is the best OT sculpt yet,

If you're talking strictly about HT's efforts, I agree (even though I dislike the sculpt). But if you mean in the history of OT 1/6 figures from any release, then I don't agree with that.

Every one of Sideshow's Ford sculpts is (much) better in likeness (even the ones that have a caricature slant to them). Ignore the paint of course. No one working with/for Hot Toys today is going to (ever) match Trevor Grove or any of the top sculptors frequenting the main 1/6 groups on FB and this very forum. Not by a long shot on their best day. Never. I can rattle off a half dozen sculptors right now that are always better than anyone working for HT over the past year or two.

All my bashed/custom Star Wars figures are works in progress, so no photos to show. I don't even have Inigo's latest Han sculpt in hand yet, he just got it back from printing. But the body and boot swap on Han were worth it already and not only because I profited from getting rid of the stock parts. :)

Last edited:
Back