1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im trying to talk my self out of getting this guy and hold out for the Jedi Luke that they will make at some point, but it looks so good.... lol :gah:

Still hung over this late in the afternoon? Time for some menudo. That might be hard to find in NYC though.

I think it's just been speculation that it'll be priced similarly to the X-Wing Luke.

Yea, every year I get older this ain't getting any easier

Someone said it went up for PO at their local shop (overseas) for $195.00, so that *should* translate to ~$225.00 at SSC. Man, they gotta be PO'd if HT beats their ANH Luke by $15 with triple the accessories.

They're gonna be PO'd? WE'RE gonna be PO'd!

If this weighs in anywhere from $235-$260 (and comparing to the rest of the line, it will), that'll pretty much shoot the whole "expensive license" excuse to s__t (if it's not already)

Hell yes!!!!! :yess: I would love a yellow lightsaber as a vintage nod.

As for the Landspeeder talk, I would want one but I would prefer an escape pod if/when they make R2 and 3PO.

I thought to write "don't let WorGar hear you say that", and then I scrolled 2 posts down :lol

SSC's Landspeeder will be up for PO before the the year is out. A 1/6 Snowspeeder with Luke in Snowspeeder pilot gear (and I guess Dak as a pilot variant) would probably be my #1 collectible.

Oh, does SS have that covered? I didn't know. Nice to hear it's happening!

The Snowspeeder is probably my favorite SW ship (X-wing as a very close second). I guess it would actually be a sort of disable size in 1/6, but it would still be friggin big. I'd imagine slightly longer than the Tumbler and about 40% wider

jU5oaqE.jpg

:yess:

This is a nitpick, but the blue eyes on the Ep IV Luke look a shade too deep . The eyes on the HT Bespin Outfit Luke looks like a closer match. Amazing sculpt though, great job Hot Toys!!

VRdQOnd_1.jpgIMG_9237_1.jpg11219584_10152843670522344_5746680509111345108_n.jpg

I don't care about HT's eventual flawed droids, but I'd love an escape pod - don't care who makes it - actually, I'd prefer Sideshow, HT would probably make it out of packing foam.

Escape pod would be cool. Anyone know if SS is still planning on making the Bespin freezing chamber? I know they mentioned it a few years ago.

Not going to lie... they both look awesome. im just not a big fan of "whiny ***** Luke" Im tempted to hold out for the Jedi Luke! With Luke figures like these, he will truly be a site to behold. "But I was going to Toshi Station to pick up some power converters!" :ignore::ignore:

Luke.jpg

only problem is if they make a speeder i would need this one to go with it... so probably get both anyhow lol

Hot Toys doesn't do whiny versions of any character, they only do the "Hot" versions. The versions that star on the CW network, or day-time soaps like Hot and the Restless. I'm not sure what the look on the new sculpt is called, but I think I saw a glimpse of something like it in Zoolander. ;)

Hot Toys doesn't do whiny versions of any character, they only do the "Hot" versions. The versions that star on the CW network, or day-time soaps like Hot and the Restless. I'm not sure what the look on the new sculpt is called, but I think I saw a glimpse of something like it in Zoolander. ;)

:lol haha :lol

I'm not expecting great things from what they've described for the LED sabers - Sideshow has already done it in a similar fashion with their PF statues. I may have other options in the future (I've been experimenting), but I don't think anything will look as good as CCFL.

Not going to lie... they both look awesome. im just not a big fan of "whiny ***** Luke" Im tempted to hold out for the Jedi Luke! With Luke figures like these, he will truly be a site to behold. "But I was going to Toshi Station to pick up some power converters!" :ignore::ignore:

View attachment 187897

I just hope they don't slow down on the releases from the OT once we get closer to the Force Awakens. Im looking forward to the new characters as well, but I hope it won't be years until they finally get to Jedi Luke.

Back