1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do too, for some reason when it comes to blonde's toy companies are all thumbs when it comes to paint, there better off hiring a real painter from Spain or Italy at this rate.

I do hope they don't give Leia the type brown I have seen on here, her hair has a chocolate reddish tone. I think only silver surfer got it right I dont know where everyone got her hair was more sepia

View attachment 187914

She looks super chubby there.

I noticed some discrepancies in hot toys version Of ANH Luke
for one as you'll notice the sleeves are longer and wider than there version. 2nd the pants on the figure is to baggy, the appearance of bagginess is caused from the boot wraps pushing up the pant-leg he is wearing. Also some color is off on the boots and wraps they should be more golden tan and the pants are a stoney beige. neither are one monotone color.

the belt is actually deep brown with some blonding(bleaching) around wear upper and lower part of belt aka called weathering.
this belt looks brand new and English tan where as holster and compartments are the correct color. That really should be looked into.

View attachment 187901 View attachment 187903

Hair color is tricky, he has dark golden blonde hair or light golden brown hair whichever you argue it's all the same actually. In certain lighting that looks darker or lighter. but Luke could use more dry brushing in a more brass-yellow color. that way in low lights it will deepen and in bright lights it should be agreeable.
View attachment 187904

beware, that first promo shoot photo seems to have been made after-accident. After the 1977 movie, then.

Hi-Res

up_1.jpg

up_2.jpg

up_3.jpg

up_4.jpg

up_5.jpg

up_6.jpg

up_7.jpg

up_8.jpg

up_9.jpg

up_10.jpg

up_11.jpg

up_12.jpg

up_13.jpg

up_14.jpg

up_2.jpg

up_1.jpg

Doesn't ship until May/June 2016, take a breath and count backwards from 10. ;) It's not like someone holding up traffic waiting to make a left where it's clearly signed "no left turns" - sorry, rough few minutes this AM.

How about the one's where there is a left turn lane, that's about a mile long, and the moron dives into it 5' before the intersection, but they were slowing down in the straight lane the whole time.

I think it's pretty fair to say we'll never see a better Farmboy Luke than this... unless we get a v2, in which case this figure looks like ****!!!

Lighten the hair and this thing is PERFECT.

I don't know about that, if it comes out like that I think we will see massive "hair lowerings" in the same vein as all the lowering of the Vader domes. There is something seriously wrong with how that hair sits on the head. :lol

Or it's just the phone camera lenses jerking us around as usual.

I don't know about that, if it comes out like that I think we will see massive "hair lowerings"

I don't think Hot Toys can make a figure anymore without it being cone-headed. Marty, Star-Lord, Gamora...

Looks quite like the dx 07 sculpt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalkf

These figures are so great but I spent all my life spending money on SW 3 3/4” scale figures that I just don’t have the strength/money to collect them in 1/6 scale. My tanks empty with excitement to collecting this line. Chewbacca is the “one off” exception.

I know 3 3/4" scale does not compare but you get my "collecting" point.

I'd like to get this Luke, but.. I'm spreading the butter on the bread pretty thin as it is at the moment.

You could just set up a 'Luke' detolf, couldn't you. Have a companion piece representing a key moment from each film - that'd be great.

However, my reality is that I'm playing catch up across multiple licenses, so although SW is my beloved.. I'm making some pretty big austerity calls. :lol

I'd like to get this Luke, but.. I'm spreading the butter on the bread pretty thin as it is at the moment.

You could just set up a 'Luke' detolf, couldn't you. Have a companion piece representing a key moment from each film - that'd be great.

However, my reality is that I'm playing catch up across multiple licenses, so although SW is my beloved.. I'm making some pretty big austerity calls. :lol

Star Wars comes first in my book. Just so many cool characters that I actually care about. (unlike avengers....)

Back