1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS292 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Mark 1 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So much great detail - the skeletal back, detaching pistons, paint detail of dribbling fluid - think maybe HT wouldn't even try this today. Feels like the designers just went all out, even on the production line:clap. Heck, I'd get this for someone who's just into robotics.

Sad, but true. Right now the priority for HT is rush, rush, rush the line before EG potentially cannibalizes IW sales.

I unboxed a few CW figures of mine over the weekend and I gotta say I think the pinnacle for HT was probably during the AOU and CW line. Most of the likenesses were extremely solid (with the exception of CW Rudd) and HT released figures for the majority of the protagonists (I think Nick Fury was the only one who didn't get another figure) and even dabbled with some risky choices, like Ultron Mk 1 for example, and even unnecessary double-dips of characters, like Scarlet Witch (AOU and NA).

Fast-forward to today and compare that to the IW line and you'll see a noticeable drop in quality and even quantity of figures/characters (like why the heck hasn't Nebula or Mantis gotten figures yet?!).

Sad, but true. Right now the priority for HT is rush, rush, rush the line before EG potentially cannibalizes IW sales.

I unboxed a few CW figures of mine over the weekend and I gotta say I think the pinnacle for HT was probably during the AOU and CW line. Most of the likenesses were extremely solid (with the exception of CW Rudd) and HT released figures for the majority of the protagonists (I think Nick Fury was the only one who didn't get another figure) and even dabbled with some risky choices, like Ultron Mk 1 for example, and even unnecessary double-dips of characters, like Scarlet Witch (AOU and NA).

Fast-forward to today and compare that to the IW line and you'll see a noticeable drop in quality and even quantity of figures/characters (like why the heck hasn't Nebula or Mantis gotten figures yet?!).

Glad it's not just me kind've feeling - I guess - that HT maybe hit a wall either w. increased production costs? increased shipping costs? I dunno. It's not consistent either. Really, I hadn't been collecting MCU that long...so after a few years have more or less - not complete - TWS, AOU, Ragnarok, and CW groups w. some random stuff.

Really noticed it last year when I was grabbing AOU figs. Cap, Hawkeye, Nat, SW - whether you like the figs or likeness, the word "lavish" kept popping into my head. BW w. those Hydra rifles + more accessories. Hawkeye is loaded. Wanda w. fire effects and the Ultron heart. Now Mk1 - all great figs. Beautiful paint work:love.

Thought CW Bucky and BP were pretty stripped - but great figs..beautiful Cap, Wanda, etc. Then somewhere I got DS #1 and he's spectacular. No-where in there, even if a sculpt was off, did I see this "softening" of details. Or unpainted hairlines like some pics I've seen. None of my TWS figs are like that. Read the Hulkbuster thread and the "cosbaby" comments...

Maybe Spidey is OK, but the posing issues. TBH kinda dreading Bucky at this point...my fav MCU character, and I don't know HT isn't pulling softened sculpts of Shuri and Bucky off molds right now:(. Just glad for my stash of earlier figs! I dunno, maybe HT heard some feedback and fired their KO production company:dunno. I hope so, re End Game the characters - and customers - deserve HT's best efforts.

I think a lot of the IW figures are nice, but some
Corners cut. Hopefully they step their game up for End Game since it’s most likely the last avengers movie with this team. But IW ones like Doctor Strange, Thanos, Thor (pants could have been better) all awesome figures.

That ultron Mark 1 is insane. Makes me kind of want one to add to my villains shelf. Although if I start down the AOU line I’ll never stop lol.

I think a lot of the IW figures are nice, but some
Corners cut. Hopefully they step their game up for End Game since it’s most likely the last avengers movie with this team. But IW ones like Doctor Strange, Thanos, Thor (pants could have been better) all awesome figures.

That ultron Mark 1 is insane. Makes me kind of want one to add to my villains shelf. Although if I start down the AOU line I’ll never stop lol.

Yeah, that's what I meant about not being consistent - far as I can tell:dunno. HT fell over themselves for Thanos, DS, and Thor.

W. DS sure, the body/costume got re-used but still - that's gotta be more expensive to produce, plus they tweaked the cloak. People seem real happy w. Thor - and Thanos I guess. Unless HT went all out for characters with more screen time.

But BP - switch out eyes, etc. Maybe they thought folks would buy Cap no matter what.:dunno

Ultron Mk1 IS insane:clap. Getting a late start collecting I guess - or, AOU figs weren't on the radar - yeah, I definitely slid down the slippery slope and face planted last year:lol. I had SW and then got BW...thing is tho, every single AOU fig I pick up is great IMO. Well done costumes, accessories - sure didn't think I'd have 2 Mk1 but appreciating the movie more as time passes - details like the fluid pouring out of Ultron's broken head (tho not gonna re-create THAT:horror).

Only bad thing tho is thinkin' if I like the details of Mk1 and IM 46 so much, should I PO War Machine and IM VII diecast? $$$$$$$$:monkey3:panic:

I bet the iron man L comes out nice too from IW as he is HT bread and butter.
I picked up the movie promo version of Cap for $200 bnib. Didn’t plan on getting him but overall besides the material used on most
of the suit he is awesome an awesome figure. The headsculpt is much better in person.

I have the VII on PO, will likely order WM too to complete my IW set. If the End Game Iron Man isn’t anything special I’ll buy the 46 concept but from the recent promo pic it looks like the same paint scheme as the 46 concept.

I’m officially in the market for a good deal on Ultron mark 1, I like the look of Prime Ultron except the eyes and teeth

Yeah, that's what I meant about not being consistent - far as I can tell:dunno. HT fell over themselves for Thanos, DS, and Thor.

W. DS sure, the body/costume got re-used but still - that's gotta be more expensive to produce, plus they tweaked the cloak. People seem real happy w. Thor - and Thanos I guess. Unless HT went all out for characters with more screen time.

But BP - switch out eyes, etc. Maybe they thought folks would buy Cap no matter what.:dunno

Ultron Mk1 IS insane:clap. Getting a late start collecting I guess - or, AOU figs weren't on the radar - yeah, I definitely slid down the slippery slope and face planted last year:lol. I had SW and then got BW...thing is tho, every single AOU fig I pick up is great IMO. Well done costumes, accessories - sure didn't think I'd have 2 Mk1 but appreciating the movie more as time passes - details like the fluid pouring out of Ultron's broken head (tho not gonna re-create THAT:horror).

Only bad thing tho is thinkin' if I like the details of Mk1 and IM 46 so much, should I PO War Machine and IM VII diecast? $$$$$$$$:monkey3:panic:

If you want the best of the best then the answer is a resounding YES! Although given HT's recent track record, maybe wait until final product photos are released.

I had been waiting on my tax return, but after seeing some of the recent pictures in the thread, I didn’t want to miss out on this one. Finally pulled the trigger at BBTS, can’t wait for Ultron Mark I to arrive!

I had been waiting on my tax return, but after seeing some of the recent pictures in the thread, I didn’t want to miss out on this one. Finally pulled the trigger at BBTS, can’t wait for Ultron Mark I to arrive!

Congrats! I'd never tell anyone to buy anything, 'coz collecting is a real personal thing - but to me, looking this guy over - it's the same feeling I got going over IM 46, TWS Bucky, and DS #1. Like whoever designed and put together the fig - all the way through to production - really CARED about what they were doing:clap. Wanted the best representation they could, within price. Like one YT reviewer said, this guy will never be made again.

Only suggestion is having a pair of metal pointed tweezers handy. HT provides the plastic pair, but found a second metal pair useful for prying up the back battery cover (it's in there tight on both of mine!) and getting the batteries in the back. I had to grip and slowly wiggle the cover up. Took some patience. The head is easier. The back I kinda felt like I was doing surgery getting the batteries in.:lol

He CAN stand alone, but I use the stand for insurance. He's got delicate parts, but he's not FLIMSY. Not brittle. The detached pistons were genius re posing. Hope you enjoy as much as I am!:)

Ultron_close.jpg

I’m officially in the market for a good deal on Ultron mark 1, I like the look of Prime Ultron except the eyes and teeth

Good luck:)! Yeah, I think w. the Mark 1 for my display I'm good. Unless there was a *freakishly*:monkey3 can't-pass deal on Prime...

If you want the best of the best then the answer is a resounding YES! Although given HT's recent track record, maybe wait until final product photos are released.

LOL:lol! I'm thinkin' I'll always like the IW War Machine armor - plus, I liked Rhodey in IW. I liked seeing him operate apart from Tony, throwin' in with Cap (I don't mean abandoning Tony, I just mean choosing to take the court martial etc.). Bein' a SOLDIER. And IM diecasts seem to be the "upscale" HTs...who knows what might get made in the future (or if I can afford it:() but just as toys/dolls/collectibles IMO the engineering is pretty special for some of these. I already think of my IM 46 as an absolute classic.:love

Thanks for the tips on the battery! I used to be a member here ages ago, and had to stop collecting for a while when my life circumstances changed. I have been lurking for a while trying to get my old account restored, but didn’t have any luck, so starting fresh again.

I have been collecting Hot Toys for a few years now, what started with Ant-Man has ballooned to over 70 figures. Sheesh!

Thanks for the tips on the battery! I used to be a member here ages ago, and had to stop collecting for a while when my life circumstances changed. I have been lurking for a while trying to get my old account restored, but didn’t have any luck, so starting fresh again.

I have been collecting Hot Toys for a few years now, what started with Ant-Man has ballooned to over 70 figures. Sheesh!

Welcome back - sounds like u were here well before I was. But yeah - LIFE:(:horror. Another reason for me to ratchet down - love my collection but the day's gonna come when I have to move it OMG:horror. Every now and then I think about the boxes issue too. Plus the cabinets...

LOL my collection ballooned too:monkey3. But actually looking over it - am pretty happy. Don't have every character from a film or anything, just favorites and enough (I think) to give an overall picture of a film. That's what the first Ultron Mark 1 was - and is - just didn't think I'd be so impressed he's worth a duplicate. (Only a few characters or releases for me get the "duplicate" purchase. Some I think are just too expensive to begin with, for me, to even THINK about that - even if it would have been cool at the time.) Popcultcha and BBTS sales have been a big help filling out some gaps last year.

But IMO the Ultron Mark 1 is one of the best HT's I've seen - and thanks to IMO a quality construction of mixed metal and non-brittle plastic/vinyl, with care I think he will last for years. Plus attention-grabbing on the shelf.

hello there, can someone who has this take a close up pic of the blue armor on the left shoulder? Mine has mysteriously detached and I can't figure out how to glue it back on. I uncertain what's suppose to attach to what joint. Thanks in advance.

hello there, can someone who has this take a close up pic of the blue armor on the left shoulder? Mine has mysteriously detached and I can't figure out how to glue it back on. I uncertain what's suppose to attach to what joint. Thanks in advance.

Here ya go.

IMG-6938.jpg

IMG-6939.jpg

Back