1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS292 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Mark 1 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It arrived today double boxed and ‘sealed’ but could have been opened before not really sure. I have to reglue one of the side pieces of the helmet (doesn’t appear that anything is broken unless it’s supposed to snap in place?) but otherwise it appears to be like new and complete. The one complete arm and both legs were still wrapped in plastic.

It arrived today double boxed and ‘sealed’ but could have been opened before not really sure. I have to reglue one of the side pieces of the helmet (doesn’t appear that anything is broken unless it’s supposed to snap in place?) but otherwise it appears to be like new and complete. The one complete arm and both legs were still wrapped in plastic.

Well that's good to hear. So did yours come with the brown Hot Toys shipper? And did the "seal" seem like it was opened to prior? Was there only a singular piece of clear tape or was there an additional piece? Because Hot Toys normally only uses a single strip. So if there's more than one, chances are it was open before then.

I'm gonna have to wait another week until I can check on mine. I had it shipped to my parent's home since I was visiting last weekend and figured it would arrive on time, BUT I didn't expect the "processing" to take an entire week though! So now I'm gonna have to plan another trip to visit just to check on Ultron!

Oh, well. :dunno

Yes it had the HT box. It had the circular seal tape (one piece) but there were a few indications that someone opened it to take a peek. There wasn’t any plastic on the head and the little tweezers were trapped between the plastic. Also no tape on the incomplete arm...not 100% sure but I’ve opened a fair number of HT and this one just didn’t quite feel like a virgin.

Yes it had the HT box. It had the circular seal tape (one piece) but there were a few indications that someone opened it to take a peek. There wasn’t any plastic on the head and the little tweezers were trapped between the plastic. Also no tape on the incomplete arm...not 100% sure but I’ve opened a fair number of HT and this one just didn’t quite feel like a virgin.

I mean, the circular seal tape is normally impossible to remove without leaving scuff marks on the edge. So if it's completely flush and smooth then chances are it was never opened. The tweezers probably loose because this thing has been in storage for so long it was probably bumped or dropped a few times, therefore causing it to slip out maybe?

I dunno...I'll check mine this weekend and I'll report back on the condition and let you know if there's any plastic wrap on my head.

So you're absolutely right...looks like none of us received virgins!!! The gall Midtown Comics has!!! :gah:

Although I gotta hand it to them, they double boxed and shipped in a fairly large box. So kudos to them. Just a shame that they weren't shipping a fresh, mint product though.

It was quite evident as soon as I removed the Hot Toys brown shipper box that she was divorced numerous times and quite the wh ore. Very loose with numerous scuff marks and scars indicating that she truly was not a virgin. :lol

Subdomain I included the last 2 images since you were concerned about the plastic wrap. That's how mine came. There wasn't any wrap on the gimpy arm for Ultron. Mine was missing the plastic wrap that normally comes with the actual box. Also the tweezers was also tampered with. There are fingernail marks on the circular seal on the top and bottom, as if someone tried to open it, but to be honest, I'm not sure if it was ever opened or not.

But hey, for 60% discount, and being able to snag this guy for $113.99 I really can't complain.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

Midtown usually ships displayed items at deep discounts and never says a word.

But hey -- for $100 I'd take it in a NY second. Great snag guys! I wish I got one myself.

Wow that one looks a bit more beat up than mine. I just thought mine might have a dirty little secret.

It’s a cool figure but I already have an iron legion figure so not sure I really need this.

Wow that one looks a bit more beat up than mine. I just thought mine might have a dirty little secret.

It’s a cool figure but I already have an iron legion figure so not sure I really need this.

What was the condition of your box and did the circular tape have fingernail marks too? Post some photos if it's not too much trouble. I'd be interested to see how yours is.

I’m not sure about the tape but the box is in good condition.

I couldn’t say if it was opened...one side of the helmet was off/unglued so that was what stood out to me.

Sorry can’t get a pic the box is stored away at the moment.

My Ultron Prime should be arriving later today. Curious to see it’s condition, based on these pics & descriptions.

My Ultron Prime should be arriving later today. Curious to see it’s condition, based on these pics & descriptions.

Well based on my experience and according to Wor-Gar deeply discounted items were previously publicly displayed in their store, so I'd say there's a high probability of shoddy box conditions, but who knows...

Keep us posted!

Mine had an opened shipper but didn't look like the figure box or even the bag had ever been opened or unsealed. Everything was also packaged quite minty inside so I have no reason to think it had ever been opened before.

so I'd say there's a high probability of shoddy box conditions, but who knows...

Not necessarily, I'm sure Midtown keeps the boxes in storage for the eventual sale. They've been doing this for years. I have hundreds of boxes in storage, some for over 14 years and they're perfect. It is possible to keep a box nice.

My guess is that some stock is new, some are returned items, and a couple are the displayed items for their 3 stores.

Good news, it was double boxed and packed well. Shipper box definitely opened, no bag on the interior box. Can’t really tell if the tape on either side had been opened, and I can’t remember exactly how the figure was packed inside (I opened my other one a long time ago). It looks okay? Maybe? Lol.

A7EB6D42-6825-4F1E-9730-AAC0C7E6F05C.jpeg

ED0B048C-76E6-4E63-BFA2-D0BCDBC1C974.jpeg

51A8EE81-FCFA-4F4B-BBC7-AE17C3C1A67C.jpeg

F0A44220-6962-4C72-AF49-F767F0A4C0B5.jpeg

Good news, it was double boxed and packed well. Shipper box definitely opened, no bag on the interior box. Can’t really tell if the tape on either side had been opened, and I can’t remember exactly how the figure was packed inside (I opened my other one a long time ago). It looks okay? Maybe? Lol.

Congrats, looks like you made out pretty well, especially when compared to me. Did you manage to get a deep discount on your purchase as well?

I've only purchased a couple of Hot Toys figures from Midtown - Snowtrooper, Death Trooper, and R2-D2.

I noticed that they seemed to have been opened as well. Missing the inner bag, resealed, etc. But it was pretty clear from opening it that the figures hadn't been displayed or possibly removed from the box. Still smelled factory fresh and all the bags and liners were intact.

I have a feeling they open the figures to inspect for any visual defects.

I've only purchased a couple of Hot Toys figures from Midtown - Snowtrooper, Death Trooper, and R2-D2.

I noticed that they seemed to have been opened as well. Missing the inner bag, resealed, etc. But it was pretty clear from opening it that the figures hadn't been displayed or possibly removed from the box. Still smelled factory fresh and all the bags and liners were intact.

I have a feeling they open the figures to inspect for any visual defects.

It'd be nice if they kept the brown shippers crisp instead of man handling the flaps and discarding the plastic wrap for the inner box, but overall I'm pleased with the price point.

It'd be nice if they kept the brown shippers crisp instead of man handling the flaps and discarding the plastic wrap for the inner box, but overall I'm pleased with the price point.

Yours was definitely handled by someone who wasn’t having a good day. I would’ve been kind of irked if I’d received a figure that way so I understand.

I do agree. They should keep everything intact like the inserts and plastic.

I asked about the shippers before and they told me that’s all up to the shipping department.

I imagine they just view it as throwaway disposable packing material, though a lot of places will call it that since it’s technically true.

Only the dedicated collectibles shops treat the shipper itself as part of the whole package. And Midtown really isn’t that.

Back