1/6 Hot Toys - MMS290/D10 - Avengers: AoU - War Machine Mark II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone else have a loose upper knee joint on this guy? My right leg at the knee cap, the upper joint is pretty loose while the other leg has a very definite click to it like it should. I don't know if it'll hinder my posing since I mostly just do museum pose. Is this something you guys would usually get replaced?

Thanks,
-Me

Does anyone else have a loose upper knee joint on this guy? My right leg at the knee cap, the upper joint is pretty loose while the other leg has a very definite click to it like it should. I don't know if it'll hinder my posing since I mostly just do museum pose. Is this something you guys would usually get replaced?

Thanks,
-Me

My knee joints seem to be fine. Only issue I have is that one of the the pinky fingers on the fully articulated hands is pretty loose. Doesn't move once posed though so I'm not worried about it. Just gotta make sure I don't bump the figure. If you're only doing a museum pose I wouldn't think it'd be an issue. But if he keeps falling like he tore his ACL then I'd probably hit up SS :lol

I was pretty lucky with mine, no issues whatsoever. Unboxing a fig is always the worst part, worrying if you'll have a defect or not.

Yeah I didn't realize until after the 30 day period that I hadn't even checked to make sure all the light-up features worked. The time it took to get the batteries in and everything lit up made me not even care at that point. Though I am happy they all worked I'll probably never put those batteries back in unless I literally have half a day with absolutely nothing to do, which just doesn't happen with a 3 year old lol.

Yeah I didn't realize until after the 30 day period that I hadn't even checked to make sure all the light-up features worked. The time it took to get the batteries in and everything lit up made me not even care at that point. Though I am happy they all worked I'll probably never put those batteries back in unless I literally have half a day with absolutely nothing to do, which just doesn't happen with a 3 year old lol.
Yeah, I took one look at that battery tray and was like "Nope". Too much trouble for something I would turn on once.

Yeah, I took one look at that battery tray and was like "Nope". Too much trouble for something I would turn on once.

Worst part about it? After having them on for maaybe 10 minutes, they were already noticeably more dim then when I flicked the switch :gah::thud:

Question for anyone who owns an IM/WM figure: do you guys leave the batteries in? I took them back out because I've heard the batteries are cheap and erode. But it's such a process to install then remove that I really don't think I'll ever put them in again.

Took all the batteries out of my older figures and have not have put any in my new ones. To much trouble to turn them on and off.

i like this figure but dont you think the price is a little insane for it?

i mean on ebay 402 euro and on sideshow also more then 380 euro

for Europa its not a figure that you buy easy for that alot of money i think.

But i can buy it for 393 USD at the moment but dont know if it is a nice deal for it. what you think?

It's the most expensive figure I've bought except for the Hulk, but it looks great. The color scheme and details are excellent... I'd say it's worth it, but I live in the US and got it for $320. No guarantee I'll like his CW armor better so I didn't want to miss out on it.

Hello, not sure if this the wrong place to post this, but I was curious as to the "MARK II" designation. There seems to be at least two different "MARK II" variants, for instance there is the Grey / Silver War Machine (Iron Man 3) that was the basis for the official LEGO minifigure:

WarMachine1.jpg

And then there is the Black / Silver one that appears in this thread.

My question is, given that both of them are "MARK II"s is there a more specific "designation" for each respective variant? Do they go by different designations, and if so, what are they?

Hello, not sure if this the wrong place to post this, but I was curious as to the "MARK II" designation. There seems to be at least two different "MARK II" variants, for instance there is the Grey / Silver War Machine (Iron Man 3) that was the basis for the official LEGO minifigure:

View attachment 201261

And then there is the Black / Silver one that appears in this thread.

My question is, given that both of them are "MARK II"s is there a more specific "designation" for each respective variant? Do they go by different designations, and if so, what are they?

They are both Mark II because the first one for Iron Man 3 isn't movie canon.

The original Mark II was meant to be in Iron Man 3, but it was cut from the film. Hot Toys and Lego made figures for it for the movie anyway... When they finally decided to have War Machine in another movie in Age of Ultron, they used the same armor with the different colors. Presumably because the studio writers ignored that he was mean't to be in Iron Man 3 as well.

The original Mark II was meant to be in Iron Man 3, but it was cut from the film. Hot Toys and Lego made figures for it for the movie anyway... When they finally decided to have War Machine in another movie in Age of Ultron, they used the same armor with the different colors. Presumably because the studio writers ignored that he was mean't to be in Iron Man 3 as well.

Thank you for the quick reply!

Not entirely accurate. Even though the Iron Man 3 version of the Mark II was cut from the movie, it's still canon as it appears in the Iron Man 3 Prelude comics.

Marvel%27s_Iron_Man_3_Prelude_Vol_1_1_Regals_Cinema_Variant.jpg

Tony Stark creates the Mark II for Rhodey as a replacement for the Mark I, AIM turns the Mark II into the Iron Patriot before the events of Iron Man 3, and the Mark II is restored after the events of Iron Man 3 before Age of Ultron with the new colors.

Not entirely accurate. Even though the Iron Man 3 version of the Mark II was cut from the movie, it's still canon as it appears in the Iron Man 3 Prelude comics.

Tony Stark creates the Mark II for Rhodey as a replacement for the Mark I, AIM turns the Mark II into the Iron Patriot before the events of Iron Man 3, and the Mark II is restored after the events of Iron Man 3 before Age of Ultron with the new colors.

I know there is the "Official Red Seal" on the ones considered canon, and I'm aware that the writers for the comics follow the movie formula, but they also take some creative liberties that won't be upheld in the movies. I remember reading about the movie developers saying the comics are canon until they aren't, meaning they don't take any tie-in specific events into consideration when writing for the movies, also meaning that there may be contradictions down the line... (I'm looking for the article now, i'll post it if I find it) That's good enough for me to ignore them when considering events of the movies. And I do.

Last edited:

Herein lies my confusion.

Why didn't they simply call this latest one the Mark III to avoid any confusion? I mean it's clearly an upgraded suit and looks very different from the initial Silver / Grey Mark II.

Back