1/6 Hot Toys - MMS290/D10 - Avengers: AoU - War Machine Mark II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW....just received and e-mail...he is in the 20% off bin already...he must not have sold well....

I wasn't too fussed, i wasn't a fan of the IM3 version because it never appeared in that scheme, yeah it was cheaper but its always nice to have a face sculpt. I also got this for £50 below retail so it wasn't all bad. Also the colour scheme is rockin on this version.

Daggonit. In my rush to order War Machine I didn't realize the code would work on Heartbreaker and Mandarin as well. But then I get the email and there they are. I had been waiting for another code on those two. Oh well. My fault. I hope Heartbreaker makes it long enough for me to get another code on him at least.

The 20% is such a slap in the face to collectors

On second thought, I just cancelled my flex , and took the $34 discount ...had to eat the NRD , but $34 is $34

It's happened to all of us, but I have a feeling they will change their business tactic soon if they notice no one pre-orders and they are left/forced to sell at discounted prices, but we'll have to see how they "react" to our strategies. Hopefully they won't at all, but who knows if they catch on or not :lol

Hopefully their reaction will be lower initial prices. Otherwise it'll be a never ending cycle

Agreed. It's tough now too because a lot of non-collectible sites have started advertising their products so a lot more people know about them now than the old days when figures were below $200. Now the minimum is about that price :slap You would think mass production leads to lower prices, but maybe the profits are going to the art departments for improved sculpts/figures? I'm curious about that as well.

They take off an additional % depending how many payments you'd paid in addition to the NRD, don't they? Hope it all worked out, you never know what EXs will sell out nowadays, we're all just keeping an eye out on the waitlist trends.

They take off an additional % depending how many payments you'd paid in addition to the NRD, don't they? Hope it all worked out, you never know what EXs will sell out nowadays, we're all just keeping an eye out on the waitlist trends.

If the item you flexpay has a NRD, you will just lose on the NRD when canceling according to their website.

"Payment plans with Non-refundable Deposits (NRD)
If an item requires a non-refundable deposit combined with a payment plan, then the NRD will take the place of the cancellation fee schedule listed above."

So I believe he has to eat the $34 but at least it's still $34 cheaper than buying it without the code.

Back