1/6 Hot Toys - MMS290/D10 - Avengers: AoU - War Machine Mark II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Herein lies my confusion.

Why didn't they simply call this latest one the Mark III to avoid any confusion? I mean it's clearly an upgraded suit and looks very different from the initial Silver / Grey Mark II.

It actually is the same armor, just colored differently... Iron Patriot is the same armor as well.

We hope to see Mark III in Civil War. He need's more guns.

wm.jpg

I could never choose, War Machine is my boy... I have the IM3 version, and one flex payment left on the AoU version. Not to mention Mark 1, Iron Patriot and Hot Rod. Only one I'm missing is Iron Man Mark 2 unleashed.

It actually is the same armor, just colored differently... Iron Patriot is the same armor as well.

View attachment 201276

It makes complete sense that there would be slight differences in the colors of the War Machine Mark II armor in the cut scenes from Iron Man3 and AOU when you consider that it was painted up as the Iron Patriot in between. It's the same Armor with there different paint jobs, the first and last being very similar embracing the "War Machine" identity.

We hope to see Mark III in Civil War. He need's more guns.

I wish we knew if there were to be a Mark III War Machine. If so, I might have an easier time not being tempted to pick the Mark II up. I would prefer a bulkier version like the Mark I anyway, and would pick up an old after market one if it wasn't for the fact that the Rhodey head sculpt on the Mark II is just so much better.

So far, I have kept my Marvel Hot Toys collecting simple with only Rami's Spider Man 3 Red and blue Spider-Man, Wolverine from X-Men 3, and Captain America from AOU. I just preordered Iron Man Mark III armor and plan on getting the AOU Thor when it comes out. I am also considering an after market "The Avengers" Hulk. To me these 6 figures would complete a collection of Marvel's most iconic characters with the the closest movie interpretations of their classic comic book looks (IMO).

My plan was to get these 6 and be done with Marvel even though there are so many great figures and characters I could be tempted to get too. War Machine and the Mark 33 "Silver Centurion" are particularly tempting me to expand my collecting plans as these two figure evoke feelings of nostalgia for the Iron Man comics of the late 80 and early 90s. I think War Machine and the "Silver Centurion" would look great together (anyone have these want to share a picture of them together?) Anyway, the price of War Machine is really putting me off and keeping me from going for it so far.

but if you looking good the only difference is that the new guy only got a headsculpt extra then the old one.

The old one is 90 euro cheaper here in EU then the new one.

im going to choose between the new war machine or the hot rod, which is better than you think?

Herein lies my confusion.

Why didn't they simply call this latest one the Mark III to avoid any confusion? I mean it's clearly an upgraded suit and looks very different from the initial Silver / Grey Mark II.

Not upgraded as much as painted. It was painted as the IP for rebranding. Just a paint job.

I think War Machine and the "Silver Centurion" would look great together (anyone have these want to share a picture of them together?) Anyway, the price of War Machine is really putting me off and keeping me from going for it so far.

Here you go Jaymas. It's an older pic but all I had on my phone...

WMSCr.jpg

Here you go Jaymas. It's an older pic but all I had on my phone...

View attachment 201462

:yess::clap

Thanks, I suspected they would look fantastic together. :) You must have thought the same thing since you paired them together as well. I am so tempted to pick both of these characters up as a set. I don't know where people get coupons, but I need one to pull the trigger on the new War Machine though. The price is still too high for me to feel comfortable getting it. Maybe an after market Mark I is the way to go. Thanks again for your pic, it looks great.

Thanks Jaymas! :hi5:

Yes they do make a great pair, think I will change up the pose on SC to better show off the armour though.

The WM Mark I is the only one I have (well, I have the Iron Patriot but I don't count it as a WM armour). For me it's still the best representation of the character precisely because it looks so much like the version in many of the comics I read as a kid.

I think War Machine and the "Silver Centurion" would look great together (anyone have these want to share a picture of them together?) Anyway, the price of War Machine is really putting me off and keeping me from going for it so far.

I changed up one of the stands for the Silver Centurion but they do look awesome together.

I changed up one of the stands for the Silver Centurion but they do look awesome together.

great picture! :clap I do like the stand with the Iron Man 3 version of War Machine best, but I don't think it has a head sculpt of Rhodey. The Iron Man 3 stand for War Machine would also match the Silver Centurion with the stand it comes with better. Again, great pic, thanks for sharing.

Yes they do make a great pair, think I will change up the pose on SC to better show off the armour though.

If you do, share a new pic :wink1:

The WM Mark I is the only one I have (well, I have the Iron Patriot but I don't count it as a WM armour). For me it's still the best representation of the character precisely because it looks so much like the version in many of the comics I read as a kid.
I can see that for sure, I think it looks more like the comics because it seems more beefed up and has the bigger gauntlets. I don't like the Rhodey head sculpt on the Mark I though, it doesn't look like the actor in the film, but that may not matter that much to some. A die cast 2.0 version of the Mark I with the updated head sculpt would be sweet, but I wouldn't want to see the price of that if they ever did make a bulkier Mark I diecast version. yikes.

That is really cool :clap and Yes I completely agree :clap Those two do compliment each other well

If you do, share a new pic :wink1:

I can see that for sure, I think it looks more like the comics because it seems more beefed up and has the bigger gauntlets. I don't like the Rhodey head sculpt on the Mark I though, it doesn't look like the actor in the film, but that may not matter that much to some. A die cast 2.0 version of the Mark I with the updated head sculpt would be sweet, but I wouldn't want to see the price of that if they ever did make a bulkier Mark I diecast version. yikes.

No worries, I will put up a new pic once I get time to play with the poses. :hi5:

Yes I agree the Rhodey sculpt is not great but WM is a helmet closed kind of armour for me anyway so I guess I fall into that category ha! :lol

A diecast update of WM Mark I would be VERY hard to resist. :panic:

That is really cool :clap and Yes I completely agree :clap Those two do compliment each other well

Thanks Brainiac! :hi5:

Back