1/6 Hot Toys - MMS290/D10 - Avengers: AoU - War Machine Mark II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I removed the colour cast as much as I could from both images to get a fairer comparison. I really like the extra detail in the paint apps on the new one. Hopefully he goes up for PO soon!

Attachments

• MarkII.jpg
    MarkII.jpg
    790 KB · Views: 495
That is a comparison to the original prototype the final product of the first version is a bit different with the 002 decal and I would say it is lighter in colour than that prototype would suggest by quite a bit.

You also have the fact that he looks more striking in the new photo as the background contrasts more along with the much more agressive looking pose which is down to the design of the base more than anything.

The new one looks bad ass in that photo but it's nothing you couldn't do with WM2.0 or IP with a different base.

That is a comparison to the original prototype the final product of the first version is a bit different with the 002 decal and I would say it is lighter in colour than that prototype would suggest by quite a bit.
untitled-2hhxyc.png

Better? Hope OMG doesn't mind me using his pic here.

Right click, open image in new tab for full resolution.

I actually like the Mark II War Machine from the Iron Man 3 line too, but the new colors on this one just make it look a bit better to me. The main reason I went with the Iron Patriot over the War Machine Mark II is because it was in the film plus the colors really popped. I'm not sure if I'll bite on this one but I'm not risking it out completely.

I honestly dont like how much wear and tear is on the new one and that seems to be really the only difference. The head sculpt and stand are a nice addition but I'm sure the price will go up with those added.

I honestly dont like how much wear and tear is on the new one and that seems to be really the only difference. The head sculpt and stand are a nice addition but I'm sure the price will go up with those added.

The BD stuff won't be as pronounced on the production figure I bet. It usually is not. The proto is hand painted by a master. The production stuff is more uniform

The BD stuff won't be as pronounced on the production figure I bet. It usually is not. The proto is hand painted by a master. The production stuff is more uniform

To add to that I didn't even notice it on this piece since all the IM HT has put out has theses subtleties.

I think the weathering on this figure is just right. Not an excessive amount but enough to make the suit look like it's been used. I personally don't like the armors to look completely pristine.

Six one way, half a dozen the other. HT should have went all out and done a complete battle damage version to add distinction between these two offerings.

Six one way, half a dozen the other. HT should have went all out and done a complete battle damage version to add distinction between these two offerings.

I would have bought it if they did that. I am just going to toss my current IM3 in with the my Avengers display the differences on this one are to minor to really matter.

I would have bought it if they did that. I am just going to toss my current IM3 in with the my Avengers display the differences on this one are to minor to really matter.

I hear you. Casual collectors have no reason to get this with the former being cheaper I'd imagine unless they really wanted a Cheadle portrait.

I like the AoU version, but I do miss the red around the eyes. Looking at some of the photos by HK bloggers again (even though I could just turn my head and look at it in my detolf), man those red eyes make this suit look mean.

I know this is supposed to be an exclusive, but what are the odds HT overproduces this, resulting in a massive Spooktacular 2016 deal? One can dream, right?

I ask because I'd like an AoU WM, but not for more than $250.

Back