1/6 Hot Toys - MMS290/D10 - Avengers: AoU - War Machine Mark II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I realized I'm sick of this mold. We've already had what, 4 repaints of this mold? (ironpatriot, wm2.0, hotrod, wm AOU) Time to retire this design and hopefully get something new for Civil War

War Machine Mark IV for Civil War and maybe even Iron Patriot Mark II. :rotfl

And I think that we will see War Machine Mark III in Age of Ultron.

I realized I'm sick of this mold. We've already had what, 4 repaints of this mold? (ironpatriot, wm2.0, hotrod, wm AOU) Time to retire this design and hopefully get something new for Civil War

What do you mean by this comment?

Hot Toys is only manufacturing the characters from the movie.

All 4 of these characters were created by Marvel Studios, I seriously doubt Hot Toys had anything to do with it.

AND just to clear up more of the false info, there is no way Hot Toys is reusing the original molds. All molds have a production life. After so parts are made the mold is replaced with a new one.

The only way Hot Toys saves money is the fact that they already have the tooling and machine code in place to continue making the replacement molds.

He never said Hot Toys is at fault...

I'm not to fond to this iteration of the WM...wish they'd go back to the WM Mk1 design...

To be fair to HT/Marvel, it's only IP that's had decent screen time. WM 2.0 was never in the film and Hot Rod was barely visible. It's only us collectors who've seen this type of armour everyday for the last 2 years :rotfl

He never said Hot Toys is at fault...

I'm not to fond to this iteration of the WM...wish they'd go back to the WM Mk1 design...
Same here. Initially I wanted this because I didn't own a WM but realized I'd much rather have the bulky Mk1.

This doesn't feel much like WM, just a gray IM suit with a cannon on the shoulder. I wish the Mk1 wasn't so expensive now, most of the ones I saw on ebay were around $600.

I reckon I'll pass on this to see if Rhodey lives through AoU, if he does maybe he'll have a better suit in Civil War.

I'm gonna take pics of my War Machine MK I with Hot Rod and IP tonight.

All you guys wanting the MKI inspired me :lol :lol :lol

Other armors have had as many varitions as this one. Some more.

And if hot toys was not able to reuse parts (dispite the claims that the molds are not reused, they are. There's a master mold/tooling made so they can remake any production mold that wears out. Yes it costs to do that but not near as much as making a completly new mold over and over. It's like having a negative of a photo)

Anyway...if they could not reuse parts they would not be able to make the risky characters or take chances.

Maybe it's another Midas where we won't know till last second :lol :lol :lol
Those were fun times and Midas was the reason I joined the forums, to keep updated

ugh! the great Midas debacle.... you had to dredge that up... that stupid armor will forever be in my order history marked 'cancelled' :ohbfrank:

ugh! the great Midas debacle.... you had to dredge that up... that stupid armor will forever be in my order history marked 'cancelled' :ohbfrank:

Holy crap you cancelled it?!?! Dude... It's so gold in its box right now, I'm just staring at it thru the plastic, so gorgeous :lol:lol:lol

Had an Iron Man splurge this month , Mk43 special edition, Mk7 battle damaged and Mk4 with gantry. Just waiting for this to come up for pre-order. Also wondering what the summer toy fair exclusives will be

Had an Iron Man splurge this month , Mk43 special edition, Mk7 battle damaged and Mk4 with gantry. Just waiting for this to come up for pre-order. Also wondering what the summer toy fair exclusives will be

Nice :hi5:
I think they'll just be variants or re-issues, but it would be nice to be surprised

Back