1/6 Hot Toys - MMS290/D10 - Avengers: AoU - War Machine Mark II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - War Machine Mark 2

I thought the suit was reworked with some enhancements.... like remote summon(same as the 42)

As I remember it the Mark 22 was the prototype for War Machine 2.0 so if you want remote summon you would probably have to make a new War Machine 3.0 based on the Mark 43 or something like that.

As I remember it the Mark 12 or 13 were the prototype for War Machine 2.0 so if you want remote summon you would probably have to make a new War Machine 3.0 based on the Mark 43 or something like that.

Mark 22 (Hot Rod) is the one you're thinking of. But technically you're correct, that armor was made before Tony had added that function to his armors.
The thought of it being like 42/43 came up because in the one trailer where Tony and Rhodey try lifting Mjolnir together, the War Machine gauntlet he used had small thrusters on it.

Mark 22 (Hot Rod) is the one you're thinking of. But technically you're correct, that armor was made before Tony had added that function to his armors.
The thought of it being like 42/43 came up because in the one trailer where Tony and Rhodey try lifting Mjolnir together, the War Machine gauntlet he used had small thrusters on it.

All of the HPP armours had the "MKVII-style" ability to fly to Tony, but only Bones and the MK42 onwards had the ability for separate parts to fly independently.
It's not hard to imagine that Tony could make a new version of ANY armour with that facility in it(Like a newly built MKII that could do it)

Yes I corrected it and if we get to see War Machine 3.0 in Age of Ultron then that would be pretty neat.

I know this is supposed to be an exclusive, but what are the odds HT overproduces this, resulting in a massive Spooktacular 2016 deal? One can dream, right?

I ask because I'd like an AoU WM, but not for more than $250.
Doubtful that'll happen if you ask me. It's an armor related to Iron Man and is an exclusive so it'll sell out more than likely. I wonder what it'll be priced at, I wouldn't think more than the Iron Patriot as its a repaint but then you never know.

All of the HPP armours had the "MKVII-style" ability to fly to Tony, but only Bones and the MK42 onwards had the ability for separate parts to fly independently.
It's not hard to imagine that Tony could make a new version of ANY armour with that facility in it(Like a newly built MKII that could do it)

It's probably easier to just create a new armor than to upgrade an old armor with the latest tech.

:exactly:
I think the only thing throwing this off being the WM MKIII is the fact that the MKII never made an appearance in IM3.
I don't see Tony giving everyone new gear and outfits and then just giving WM a new paint job and calling it a day :lol

:exactly:
I think the only thing throwing this off being the WM MKIII is the fact that the MKII never made an appearance in IM3.
I don't see Tony giving everyone new gear and outfits and then just giving WM a new paint job and calling it a day :lol

WM still has USAF markings... why would Tony give yet more cool stuff to what is most likely the US Military liaison to the Avengers (or has no affiliation what so ever and just popped round for the party), I can imagine the Airforce resprayed the suit to move away from the AIM affiliation.

Assuming Rhodes survives and appears later down the line without the AF connection then I imagine Tony will give him a new shiny new suit.

It's probably easier to just create a new armor than to upgrade an old armor with the latest tech.

What I meant was that with all his armours destroyed at the end of the previous movie, Tony could RECREATE all the old armours with the prehensile tech, not that he would upgrade them. Because he can't. They got blowed up.
Geddit?
:wink1:

What I meant was that with all his armours destroyed at the end of the previous movie, Tony could RECREATE all the old armours with the prehensile tech, not that he would upgrade them. Because he can't. They got blowed up.
Geddit?
:wink1:

Nah, Pepper would get mad if he did that. :rotfl

I've never liked her in the movies. Maybe the character or maybe because it's Gwyneth Paltrow, I dunno

I don't have a problem with Paltrow, but Pepper has become annoying. I think it was IM2 that ruined her character, she was perfectly fine in the first movie. I enjoyed her in that.

Iron Man 3 however pushed me over the edge.... now I'm hoping Ultron will do us all a favor :monkey3

I hadn't considered her getting killed off, I was thinking more along the lines of Rhodey or something. I'd be fine with Pepper, lol
0606dc9e03f7bd8f603e121d2d8f9bb36b98fb7a8a2540ff35757bd10a91d8c0.jpg

I don't have a problem with Paltrow, but Pepper has become annoying. I think it was IM2 that ruined her character, she was perfectly fine in the first movie. I enjoyed her in that.

Iron Man 3 however pushed me over the edge.... now I'm hoping Ultron will do us all a favor :monkey3

YP's ears are burning. :rotfl

I realized I'm sick of this mold. We've already had what, 4 repaints of this mold? (ironpatriot, wm2.0, hotrod, wm AOU) Time to retire this design and hopefully get something new for Civil War

Back