1/6 Hot Toys - MMS290/D10 - Avengers: AoU - War Machine Mark II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blah. Just another boring repaint. I'd rather get the original IM2 figure than any other iteration of this character.

Watch them make money this way... :lol First it was the WM Mk2 that wasn't in the IM3 movie, then it's this special edition release that's probably only gonna appear briefly like a cameo in AoU, and after they sell out on these exclusives, they announce Mk1 die cast.... :slap

This looks great! will deff buy because I missed out on previous versions. This will be my first ht war machine! Please be gentle with the pricing [emoji6]

Watch them make money this way... :lol First it was the WM Mk2 that wasn't in the IM3 movie, then it's this special edition release that's probably only gonna appear briefly like a cameo in AoU, and after they sell out on these exclusives, they announce Mk1 die cast.... :slap
The special edition won't be in aou

And this is not new. The gunmetal mkiv and mk3. And others.
The first version of this war machine was created becuase it was intially intended to be in IM3. But was cut. By that point the figure was already made.

The special edition won't be in aou

And this is not new. The gunmetal mkiv and mk3. And others.
The first version of this war machine was created becuase it was intially intended to be in IM3. But was cut. By that point the figure was already made.

Just to be sure I understand this figure will not be in the movie at all? Or are you referring to the MKVII special edition figure?

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: Age of Ultron - War Machine Mark II

11149487_10152729682657344_5968580895303893200_n.jpg

Dang it!.. Rhodey headsculpt, diecast and shiny too! ..cannot .. resist.. the... shinyness... :panic:

Yet again I'm sure this will be an unwarranted big price increase. The 1st release was $285 w/an exclusive version that had a little War Machine MK1 hologram figure. I was tempted but glad I passed. Since this has the Rhodey helmet they can definitely justify a price increase. But how much is reasonable? The IM3 version had a much nicer light up stand so they're actually saving money on that since this is the generic AOU stand. The most this should be is like $310, but I'm sure it'll be closer to $350 like the MK43. Why Hot Toy's, why?? :pfft: :lol It's cool, but I'll stick with my MK1 which I think is a way nicer armor. Don't need multiple War Machine's.

My fav part of this figure is the way the mask on the don face head actually stows on top of the head, like it opens in the films. First one to do that I think. I don't know if it is actually hinged, or if it just stows there but either way, it looks great. I was going to pass on this...but I think ive changed my mind. That feature alone is worth picking up a new one. It's the one thing I wanted to be added to IM since I firstcstarted buying.

Just to be sure I understand this figure will not be in the movie at all? Or are you referring to the MKVII special edition figure?

The mkvii special edition

We don't know about this one as no ones seen the film.

I think it's probably resting there using the magnetic pull which keeps the face plate on the helmet.

Hot toys must be loving age of Ultron. Thor, hulk, hawkeye, iron man, war machine just need little tweaks or add ons. I'm still buying the figure though

I already own WM IM3 version. I like this War Machine AOU color than my IM3 version because it looks shinier but I would probably pass on this one.

I originally thought so too.. but the head sculpt means I can display the AoU figure with the head sculpt showing, and the IM3 version helmeted.. plus the fact the original was cut from IM3, gives it its own unique story.

Glad they threw in the helmeted HS with this one, seemed like a no brainer for HT to differentiate this one from the IM3 release. All they had to do was repaint the helmet on the Cheadle HS from IP.

I'd rather have the IM2 War Machine, but most of the ones I see are around $600. I'd wait for a re-release of that version but who knows when or if it'll happen? I might as well get this version rather than wait around for something that might not happen for years... Unless Rhodey lives through AoU then he might have a more heavily armed suit in Civil War. That's the real question.

Having War Machine as a character in the Iron Man story arc, gives a logical, continuity opportunity for the character playing Iron Man himself, to change.. although it is possible an individual War Machine (or Iron Man) might perish, I think its unlikely the WM character would be written out.. it's too useful.. imho, there will be more, new design, War Machine figures, in the future.

Back