1/6 Hot Toys - MMS290/D10 - Avengers: AoU - War Machine Mark II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The price for this piece in Hong Kong is HK$1,880. It is about US$242.57. On top of SS markup, it is properly around US$310 I guess. Hope it wouldn't be too expensive.

I pretty much has all HT War Machine (including WMI and special version from IM2). I am still not sure if I will get AoU WM2 ver.

Couple observation based on the AoU trailer.

From the initial AoU trailer, it appears WM has similar armor or feature like MK43. See his attachable forearm armor. The forearm armor looks a bit different from IM3 WM2 design?

screenshot.jpg

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 309
Indeed, that was my basis for thinking the armor is able to be remotely summoned like the 42/43
The gauntlet also has more thrusters like the 42/43 which makes it even more likely.

I really thought it was the MKIII, but I guess HT would have been given the go ahead by Marvel to use the MKII designation :dunno
I wonder if Marvel consider this to be the second iteration of War Machine but Hot Toys consider it the third

Indeed, that was my basis for thinking the armor is able to be remotely summoned like the 42/43
The gauntlet also has more thrusters like the 42/43 which makes it even more likely.

I really thought it was the MKIII, but I guess HT would have been given the go ahead by Marvel to use the MKII designation :dunno
I wonder if Marvel consider this to be the second iteration of War Machine but Hot Toys consider it the third

The WM Mark II in the movie may behave like the Mark 43 but one assembled look like the figure HT is putting out.

Gutted this is an exclusive but was to be expected I guess. Ah well, guess I'll be cutting one of the ultrons/sentries loose.

I was thinking the same thing, should have happened by now right? Anyway I wish I had been into the hobby when the mk1 came out, but this version looks pretty good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The first WM diecast didn't sell alot- you can grab one for around $250..so this one will be a really expensive dust gatherer..and folks buying it for investment since only SS carries it are going to be disappointed..

The first WM diecast didn't sell alot- you can grab one for around $250..so this one will be a really expensive dust gatherer..and folks buying it for investment since only SS carries it are going to be disappointed..

A lot of people including myself didn't buy WM Mark II because it wasn't in the movie. The same people that passed on it are probably going to buy this one and slap the tag of being a Sideshow Exclusive and this will probably sell out.

See I'm in a rough spot. I had 5 Mark II War Machines from the Iron Man 3 movie. But, I'm going through a dreadful divorce. My wife shipped all my stuff to me and alas not 1 War Machine. In fact half of my collection is missing. I don't know if she stole them or the moving people stole them. So I kinda want this but I know if I do buy it, the 5 War Machines will suddenly show up....that's my luck.

You're saying the WM mk 1 didn't sell or the iron man 3 didn't sell? I know the mk 1 is expensive on eBay, so there is interest to support high prices. Maybe it had a low production run like avengers 1 Hawkeye

You're saying the WM mk 1 didn't sell or the iron man 3 didn't sell? I know the mk 1 is expensive on eBay, so there is interest to support high prices. Maybe it had a low production run like avengers 1 Hawkeye

Spindrift is talking about the diecast, War Machine 2 from IM3, which is still available at retail.. after-market prices are notoriously difficult to evaluate, until a figure sells out at retail.. that figure even more so, because of the three variants: WM2 from IM3, Iron Patriot from IM3 ..and now WM2 from AoU.

i think the fact this figure has a head sculpt and the character is probably going to get screen time in AoU, may sway the collectors who did not purchase the first version, because that did not appear in the released version of IM3

See I'm in a rough spot. I had 5 Mark II War Machines from the Iron Man 3 movie. But, I'm going through a dreadful divorce. My wife shipped all my stuff to me and alas not 1 War Machine. In fact half of my collection is missing. I don't know if she stole them or the moving people stole them. So I kinda want this but I know if I do buy it, the 5 War Machines will suddenly show up....that's my luck.

Some advice, why not handle your personal life and then come back to the hobby. This is a hobby after all, some thing to do in your spare time. Handle the priorities, this case your divorce, and then you can start buying toys.

Back