1/6 Hot Toys - MMS290/D10 - Avengers: AoU - War Machine Mark II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - War Machine Mark 2

I think this has potential to be appealing but only time will tell. A good start would be if it includes several differences than the IM3 version, and secondly this one will probably actually appear on screen. I agree with the shout for a full Cheadle sculpt. As much praise as we give HT, the truth is they rarely truly nail a sculpt, and the Cheadle face we got with Patriot is amongst their best ever IMO. If it appears on screen, I'd really like to see a full Rhodey sculpt of the same caliber.

As I said, changes, accessories, weapons and extra features could set this apart from the 2.0, but of course this will be a total waste if it's essentially the same figure repackaged

I could see them tossing in the HS from the Iron Patriot. It would be easy and would not cost them anything development wise. They have to change or add something besides a new stand because they are not going to sell to many of these when it's twin is still available below retail brand new from some stores.

So much butt-hurt over a figure... If you don't want it, don't get it. :rotfl

Posted on Hot Toys' Facebook page.

11026118_10152715056577344_2361042176419204656_n.jpg

Colors look good. Not sure what all the bickering in this thread is about, or the surprise about it "looking the same". If you'd seen the previously announced busts, you'd know that it's the same suit as the IM3 version with a new color scheme. If you're happy with your IM3 version then great. I personally will be selling my IM3 version, I like these colors a lot more.

Posted on Hot Toys' Facebook page.

11026118_10152715056577344_2361042176419204656_n.jpg

Colors look good. Not sure what all the bickering in this thread is about, or the surprise about it "looking the same". If you'd seen the previously announced busts, you'd know that it's the same suit as the IM3 version with a new color scheme. If you're happy with your IM3 version then great. I personally will be selling my IM3 version, I like these colors a lot more.

It does look like it has a lot more BD (scratches) than the current version. I would hold on to the IM3 version seems like the average selling price on eBay is about $150. You could do some custom paint or BD and still pick up the new one.

What am I missing on the color scheme? It looks very similar to me. Maybe the silver parts are more vibrant but I'm not noticing much of a change

Yeah, i'm not seeing the blueish hue like from the promo pics of the busts... But I did say, it may have just been the lighting.

Looks great! Already have War maching from IM3 im gonna have to pass on this, too many other figures to consider.

This one is gloss grayish black and the IM3 one is Matte gray

This one is gloss grayish black and the IM3 one is Matte gray

Ah. I guess I have to wait for more pics (and check out the busts, which I haven't), because I can't see much with that lighting. I see the silver is glossy though

Budget Stark says it's glossy and darker than the original. I think it looks great. It's also missing the red highlights around the arc reactor and eyes.

Looks good. So far I'm in for at least 5 A0U figs but I'm sure I'll break for more.

Definitely in for this guy, but I wish they changed more about the armor... maybe give him two cannons or bring back the minigun

Definitely in for this guy, but I wish they changed more about the armor... maybe give him two cannons or bring back the minigun
Should have given the shoulders a larger profile too... maybe not to WM1.0 scale but the shoulders are still too small.

New revised colour scheme does look good though

Should have given the shoulders a larger profile too... maybe not to WM1.0 scale but the shoulders are still too small.

New revised colour scheme does look good though

Yeah no complaints about the color, and I agree on the shoulders. Its not bulky or intimidating. Which War Machine should be imo

WM from Iron Man 2 is still the best looking figure to me. Loads of weapons, which is what WM should have.

Back