1/6 Hot Toys - MMS290/D10 - Avengers: AoU - War Machine Mark II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - War Machine Mark 2

Is it the same as the IM3 version? I was hoping the big guns would be back...

Is it the same as the IM3 version? I was hoping the big guns would be back...

Paint should be different but from that not very good picture the only difference i see the stand and the decals. I think if you have the IM3 version this is an easy pass. Unless it has some cool BD parts

How can they rerelease this? It's the same figure pretty much. :rotfl

How can they rerelease this? It's the same figure pretty much. :rotfl

Just like they are changing the gold to silver on Thor and rereleasing him. Maybe they will be nice and lower the price on this one but it will most likely cost more than the last one. HT is pretty much printing money right now :lol

Probably come with a Cheadle HS and cost $340.

Paint should be different but from that not very good picture the only difference i see the stand and the decals. I think if you have the IM3 version this is an easy pass. Unless it has some cool BD parts
Aside from a Cheadle sculpt (and I would never display IM or WM with a sculpt), I don't get the appeal. There is SO MUCH coming out from AoU, you have to have money to burn (and maybe be a bit insane) to feel this version of WM is an essential purchase.

Aside from a Cheadle sculpt (and I would never display IM or WM with a sculpt), I don't get the appeal. There is SO MUCH coming out from AoU, you have to have money to burn (and maybe be a bit insane) to feel this version of WM is an essential purchase.

I'm neither of your description yet this is a buy for me.

OK, than explain it. What makes this AoU MK II WM so much cooler than the IM III version? What makes this a worthwhile purchase if you'll be leaving unique AoU designs (e.g., Ultron (any mark), drones, Vision, Mark XLV, Hulkbuster, hell, even deluxe Hulk) by the wayside, especially when the value of the IM3 version has tanked and seems set to tank some more? Don't take any offense, just curious.

Omg! Finally I can sell my WM 2.0 so I buy this one. Always wanted that base. Lame... Sell our Diecast WM that you can probably still buy for 220$ on the second market vs an MMS for 350$.

^^ Haha, this is why I'm really anxious about my WM Mk1, I feel like they might make a die cast version and I'd rather have my small IM collection be all die cast together so I feel like I should sell it, but if they don't make one, then that would really suck since I'm a huge fan of the classic WM armor.

^^ Haha, this is why I'm really anxious about my WM Mk1, I feel like they might make a die cast version and I'd rather have my small IM collection be all die cast together so I feel like I should sell it, but if they don't make one, then that would really suck since I'm a huge fan of the classic WM armor.
I'm actually holding on to my WM MK1, I can't seem to let it go. i did messed up at split my HOA display by selling 2-6, hoping they where revisited as Diecast.

OK, than explain it. What makes this AoU MK II WM so much cooler than the IM III version? What makes this a worthwhile purchase if you'll be leaving unique AoU designs (e.g., Ultron (any mark), drones, Vision, Mark XLV, Hulkbuster, hell, even deluxe Hulk) by the wayside, especially when the value of the IM3 version has tanked and seems set to tank some more? Don't take any offense, just curious.

I don't have the IM3 version and I want the version from the (Im guessing) superior movie. Any fig one buys or doesn't buy is a matter of personal choice, not really much more than that.

Yes, strictly speaking, that's true. Thanks for that super enlightening answer.

I think this has potential to be appealing but only time will tell. A good start would be if it includes several differences than the IM3 version, and secondly this one will probably actually appear on screen. I agree with the shout for a full Cheadle sculpt. As much praise as we give HT, the truth is they rarely truly nail a sculpt, and the Cheadle face we got with Patriot is amongst their best ever IMO. If it appears on screen, I'd really like to see a full Rhodey sculpt of the same caliber.

As I said, changes, accessories, weapons and extra features could set this apart from the 2.0, but of course this will be a total waste if it's essentially the same figure repackaged

I have the IM3 version and also plan to get this one... Because I can :wave

I was actually thinkin of selling mine earlier.

Back