1/6 Hot Toys - MMS289 - Avengers: AoU - Hawkeye Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Rogers! He's awesome, you will not be disappointed

Can't wait! Been watching lots of reviews on this guy and he looks awesome. Kinda want one of the bendable arm stands to pose him on. Like a jumping through the air firing an arrow pose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't wait! Been watching lots of reviews on this guy and he looks awesome. Kinda want one of the bendable arm stands to pose him on. Like a jumping through the air firing an arrow pose.

That would be great, I've seen some photos of that. You should be able to grab one on eBay, or possibly the for sale section here, and I think Monkey Depot might stock them

That would be great, I've seen some photos of that. You should be able to grab one on eBay, or possibly the for sale section here, and I think Monkey Depot might stock them

Cheers man I'll have a look. I'll just use amazing Spider-Man's for now until I get one!

Cheers man I'll have a look. I'll just use amazing Spider-Man's for now until I get one!

I'm on the fence with this one, but when I do buy Marvel movie figures I try to get the ones that evoke the most feeling of their classic comic book looks. For instance, I have AOU Cap, The Avengers Hulk (with ripped purple pants), Iron Man Mark III Die cast, X-Men 3 Wolverine, and Sam Rami Spiderman with AOU Thor on pre-order. That gives me 6 of the most classic and high profile Marvel characters that's out there and I was thinking about being done. But...

Now I'm thinking of putting together a group of "West Coast" Avengers, and you can't do that without Hawkeye. So which version of Hawkeye seems most classic to you? This one from Age of Ultron or the one coming out in Civil War? (I am not counting the Avengers one because I'm not looking to pay after market prices)

Hawkeyes.jpg

I'm on the fence with this one, but when I do buy Marvel movie figures I try to get the ones that evoke the most feeling of their classic comic book looks. For instance, I have AOU Cap, The Avengers Hulk (with ripped purple pants), Iron Man Mark III Die cast, X-Men 3 Wolverine, and Sam Rami Spiderman with AOU Thor on pre-order. That gives me 6 of the most classic and high profile Marvel characters that's out there and I was thinking about being done. But...

Now I'm thinking of putting together a group of "West Coast" Avengers, and you can't do that without Hawkeye. So which version of Hawkeye seems most classic to you? This one from Age of Ultron or the one coming out in Civil War? (I am not counting the Avengers one because I'm not looking to pay after market prices)

It's really a toss up. The "classic" hawkeye since his original comic appearance and as portrayed across cartoons has been the "skirt" look from AoU, but the modern look since the Ultimates comics (which is more related to the movies) has been the Civil War look. If you are going for the West Coast Avengers set-up though, I'd say the "skirt" is more accurate

I searched through this thread a bit, and motuxmen mentioned he had the bow being drawn for an extended period of time with no negative effect (bow warping/string loosening). Has that been everyone's experience?

I searched through this thread a bit, and motuxmen mentioned he had the bow being drawn for an extended period of time with no negative effect (bow warping/string loosening). Has that been everyone's experience?

I haven't had any issues so far

Which look did you prefer?

It looks like they're splitting the difference between no/short sleeves and long sleeves with his CW look. I prefer the sleeveless outfit and wish I had gotten the A1 Hawkeye years ago. I plan on getting the CW version.

I'm leaning toward the AOU version, but I like the sleeveless too. I'm actually wondering if anyone has done a custom with the long coat, but with no sleeves. I have no idea if something like that would look any good or not, but if it did it may look the most like his classic comic costume.

As talented as lots of those folks are, I personally wouldn't want to take something sharp to HT's soft goods. With a few notable exceptions, like MOS Superman and the collar mod.

As talented as lots of those folks are, I personally wouldn't want to take something sharp to HT's soft goods. With a few notable exceptions, like MOS Superman and the collar mod.

Me too! It could go so badly wrong! Happens enough with cars and I know what I'm doing with those! I'd need a grown up to do it for me!

I was under the impression the "coat" of this figure actually fit like a large vest anyway and that the sleeves were actually part of the shirt underneath. So, I don't think you would have to cut anything as much as put the "coat" (long vest) over the sleeveless shirt from the previous Hawkeye. I have no idea if this would really work though in a way that looked good.

I was under the impression the "coat" of this figure actually fit like a large vest anyway and that the sleeves were actually part of the shirt underneath. So, I don't think you would have to cut anything as much as put the "coat" (long vest) over the sleeveless shirt from the previous Hawkeye. I have no idea if this would really work though in a way that looked good.

Oh, it wasn't clear that was the look you were going for. Yeah, you could do that...

s-l1600.jpg

...but, as you said, would it look good?

Yeah.....not digging the one sleeve on, one sleeve off look..... :cuckoo:

Having said that I'll probably still find myself owning it at the rate I'm going :slap

If the CW version had both sleeves, I think I would prefer that outfit. It appears to be a bit more tactical looking. However, I'm not overly fond of the missing sleeve either, like Craig stated. So I'll give the slight edge to AoU for that reason and also because it's a group figure.

Back