1/6 Hot Toys - MMS288 - Avengers: AoU - Black Widow Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I remember the review videos saying the suit was a lot better than before. Idk, I didn't have the other one but this is pretty restrictive imo

I could do quite a few poses with the AV1 suit no problem, but there's a fear of something tearing while toying with the AOU one :gah:

Sorry. Elephant in the room. That hair. Scarlet Johansen would never go out like that. Mattel can make a $20 Barbies hair look great. Why are we accepting a $200 plus figures hair look like a total mess. The figures hair looks like it was cut with toe nail clippers. All the rest looks great. But THAT HAIR!!!

I believe it can be fixed with some hair gel or wax :lol

The hair seems to be the number one complaint against this figure, doesn't it? I'm going to wait to see her hair in person before I make a judgment call, but if it's that bad I'll probably do what others have done...wash out the HT gel, trim the hair a bit, and possibly re-apply a little bit of gel.

I get her tomorrow....but I have to work tomorrow night, so pics won't be up until Tuesday. I am really excited to get her...regardless of the hair. :dunno

The hair seems to be the number one complaint against this figure, doesn't it? I'm going to wait to see her hair in person before I make a judgment call, but if it's that bad I'll probably do what others have done...wash out the HT gel, trim the hair a bit, and possibly re-apply a little bit of gel.

The hair isn't THAT atrocious, but that's almost precisely what I did. Just washed out the HT gel, and applied some hair product mixed with water to straighten it out a bit. It made an improvement.

No offense meant to anybody. But we shouldnt have to "fix" anything.
Yeah! And why do we have to pose them ourselves?! They should come preposed!

And what the hell is up with having to swap hands and accessories to get the figure looking the way I want?! For $200, HT should include a guy to do that for me. I don't collect figures to have to actually touch them.

All I've done is stick the head under the faucet and rinse the glue out. I use a small brush once it's dry, but if you shape it with your fingers that might work too.

I've never had a rooted hair figure I've been unhappy with once I got rid of the glue.

I don't mind rooted hair at all. I just hate the nasty glue.

I see it more of "adjustment" also.

Well I don't mind the rooted hair but HT uses the cheapest material for the rooted hair :gah:

Anyway after some tweaking and modding on my part, I think this is my favorite widow to pose believe it or not :lecture

Love her accessories most of all with the piece

It's called customizing. No one has to do anythibg. For some this is the greatest black widow figure ever as is. For others, it just needs a couple of modifications to look how they want it to look.

:exactly: But IMO customizing the HT Widows brings out Scar more better:lecture

Back