1/6 Hot Toys - MMS288 - Avengers: AoU - Black Widow Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Black Widow Collectible Figure

This one looks good but I'm sticking with my first avengers widow.need to spend money elsewhere :panic:

I just bought the WS widow a week ago..... hehe but its for my WS collection and I will get this too

widow c.JPG
widow d.JPG

it basically is a modified version of The Winter Soldier version, I think they will change it a lot before its final

This one is a pass - it's too similar to Avengers Widow, I don't like the short hair as good as the long from TWS because I think it makes her look older than what she is, and I don't like the blue AND red in the suit. Looks kinda tacky to me.

If the WS version is still available, I may grab that one over this one. I like the longer hair she had in TWS. Plus that version will probably be cheaper than this one.

This one is a pass - it's too similar to Avengers Widow, I don't like the short hair as good as the long from TWS because I think it makes her look older than what she is, and I don't like the blue AND red in the suit. Looks kinda tacky to me.

I agree about colors and I personally hate the new Widow's Bite's on her. The batons are fine but screw the new Widow's Bites.

It looks to be the same Hulk, he just got a new pair of pants.

It is of course very very possible these are prototypes and the figures will get new sculpts and further alterations for the full release. Especially since they're being shown so soon.

But it's also just as likely to me that these figures will be released with only minor changes for a few reasons. HT may be wary of collectors choosing not to pick up the same Avengers again and just pick up new characters. They could also be saving on costs on developing fully new versions of the Avengers 1 lineup because Hulkbuster, Mk 45, Thanos, Ultron, Ultron drones, Vision, Scarlet Witch, and Quicksilver are priority. They could also be trying to save money by recycling because of the expense involved in engineering some of those new figs. All of which are safer products from a sales and marketing perspective because they're all new characters. Especially at this price point and with this market.

I'm pretty sure there's a good number of people here who are happy with their A1 lineup and will only be buying new characters, especially those that have a one character one figure rule. Anyone buying the A1 Avengers will have missed the first release or are completionists/crazy (me).

This one looks good but I'm sticking with my first avengers widow.need to spend money elsewhere :panic:

:exactly: The outfit does look good, but I am happy enough with my Avengers Widow so an easy pass for me too. Having to be picky unfortunately as am a bit short on display space at the moment.....so just new characters from this film for me I think!!

Back