1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is funny that - aside from this teaser 2 years ago- they still haven't even officially announced Veronica ...

7d907b70bea0c512a33494fa2dafca58.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not trying to nitpick here, just a topic of discussion while we wait on this beautiful piece.

Looking at the new pictures from comic con and JC Hong's photo, the "gold" parts look more bronze to match the MK43.

8cf5889ceda75385602d9e2262e6273c.jpg

4F71i4O.jpg

While the older photos from the original prototype look more gold.

Hot-Toys-Hulkbuster-Iron-Man-Figure-Toy-Soul-2014.jpg

Any thoughts on this? Anyone prefer the gold over the bronze look or vice versa?

Cannot judge this off the pics. I'm certain whatever the gold/bronze color is for the Mark 43 you will see a very very close shade with HB. My personal like is the new pic look. The flat gold tends to make things overly dull and the metallic flake paint makes for better glossy sheen and accents against solids (red body) nicer to my eye's liking.

Not trying to nitpick here, just a topic of discussion while we wait on this beautiful piece.

Looking at the new pictures from comic con and JC Hong's photo, the "gold" parts look more bronze to match the MK43.

8cf5889ceda75385602d9e2262e6273c.jpg

4F71i4O.jpg

Hot-Toys-Hulkbuster-Iron-Man-Figure-Toy-Soul-2014.jpg

Any thoughts on this? Anyone prefer the gold over the bronze look or vice versa?
Could just be the lighting in the pics...

My thought is that if the gold parts are more of a bronze to match the MK 43 that would be preferable as it would then look like they are made from the same metal .

Looking at movie the colours of the 2 suits match in that regard ( I know this is all based on light , TV and other factors ) but to me they should match.

I preferred the paint on the first prototype, seemed to match the film perfectly. That said, this thing is going to be a beauty no matter how the final paint turns out.

I seriously just wanna see the packaging for this more than anything right now

I'm thinking a slightly bigger box than Monger would be logical. There are a few accessories (like the bust) so it will be interesting to see the final packaging.

HB will be thicker than Iron Monger I think and also the feet are much larger footprint. That will make packaging have more width just to guarantee several inches of injector foam protection on the piece. It will be a larger box, about the size of the DeLorean box cut in half.

I guess it depends which scene you're comparing the gold to, but I think it looks better now with the more bronze tone and less yellow:

the-avengers-age-of-ultron-hulkbuster-feature.jpg

Back