1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a compatibility list of the type of Iron Man figurines that can go with this? or is the 1/6 Iron Man Mark XLIII the ONLY one that can go with this? I ask because the Iron Man Mark XLIII is sold out and since I am aiming for the pose where the figurine is standing on the Hulkbuster (bringing it over 30 inches in height) I wasn't sure if any of the 1/6 iron mans could achieve that pose (i dont plan on putting a figure INSIDE a figure). Thanks in advance.

Is there a compatibility list of the type of Iron Man figurines that can go with this? or is the 1/6 Iron Man Mark XLIII the ONLY one that can go with this? I ask because the Iron Man Mark XLIII is sold out and since I am aiming for the pose where the figurine is standing on the Hulkbuster (bringing it over 30 inches in height) I wasn't sure if any of the 1/6 iron mans could achieve that pose (i dont plan on putting a figure INSIDE a figure). Thanks in advance.
Try to pick up a mark 42 that's the same figure just different color and it should fit with no problem. I wouldn't trust anything else personally. And Mark 42 sells fairly cheap on eBay. Way Below Retail

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I just put this together quick to try and figure out how big he actually is. This is based off my mark 43 in hand measurements -- perspective, how upright he is standing, and how much more height we get from the helmet will for sure be factors, but I think this is pretty close.

View attachment 349320

Nice comparison Skill. Glad you used this image instead of the side-by-side one. The other one had been photoshopped more heavily to include MK43, so it's difficult to discern HB's true size. Anyhow, :goodpost:

Last edited:
I feel like Hot Toys needs to go back to the drawing board and find a way to give us a Mark 43 armor that opens up to allow a Tony Stark figure to be put inside, before putting it inside the Hulkbuster Armor.

I have mixed feelings on whether this will be the gem everyone is hoping it will be. It certainly looks amazing, and will have the most incredible shelf presence no one is denying that, but my concern is the build quality and the articulation, and how many people will break their 46 just to try and squeeze him inside HB. Iron Mongor was my holy grail for a while, and he is still my second favorite collectible I own, but I was disappointed with how thin his plastic feels and flimsy he kind of feels. I just don't want to have the same kind of feelings towards something that will cost close to $1000.

Well, if HT manages to deliver same quality in this figure as they do with the quarter scale line, we're all good.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

I feel like Hot Toys needs to go back to the drawing board and find a way to give us a Mark 43 armor that opens up to allow a Tony Stark figure to be put inside, before putting it inside the Hulkbuster Armor.

leo-inception-squint-L9jqnv-e1385591822892.jpg

Well I think they should go back and find a way of creating a whole nervous system + realistic organs, then put that into a tony stark figure BEFORE they even consider an iron man suit!
;o)

Well I think they should go back and find a way of creating a whole nervous system + realistic organs, then put that into a tony stark figure BEFORE they even consider an iron man suit!
;o)
I concur! I think they should clone Robert Downey Jr in 1:6 scale and in mass production!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Back