1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was funny at first, but you guys are really pushing it. :slap

Well I think it's going to be funny again soon as it has layers. It will be a joke within a joke within a tony stark figure, within a suit, within a hulkbuster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe a topic change is needed to distract from the delay?

Any unique ideas for display? Detlof? Custom case?

Any figures likely to get bumped for this?

Figues foregone in paying for HB?

Shipping estimate for SSC? Overseas folks?

Unique posing ideas? With the hulk? With the 42 popping out? Anyone planning a dio?

Just topics to help maybe pass the time.

Here's one- i ordered this from SSC even though there were better deals elsewhere.

I did it because i figured that a $80 NRD would be safest with the distributor rather than a local or on line retailer. The original time gap was too long and the NRD was too high to gamble with the chance that an on line or local shop would go under. And take my NRD with it.

Well I think it's going to be funny again soon as it has layers. It will be a joke within a joke within a tony stark figure, within a suit, within a hulkbuster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

remember this one? try to imagine, releasing MK43 of this...

Iron_Open.JPG

Initially I taught they would release a MK47 version

Iron man open.JPG

Unique posing ideas? With the hulk? With the 42 popping out? Anyone planning a dio?

If possible, I am planning on posing mine like this...

liu-haifan-hulkbuster1.jpg or this...IMG_0055.JPG

I know its been talked about for a couple years but I'd also be interested in hearing people's recent thoughts about displaying this beast. My display room space is extremely limited so I need to come up with something to keep the dust off it and out of harms way, and not take up too much space. Ikea recently released a new Fabrikor glass door cabinet I've been thinking about, it's dimensions are: 31 7/8" wide, 16 1/2" deep, and 44 1/2" high (which includes the legs). I'm a bit put off by the door frames being in the way of viewing the HB and was wondering if they could be removed and replaced with a single framed piece of glass or plexi.

Untitled.jpg

Im building a custom case. It's really just a fancy box with some glass. Figured ppl been doing that for a few centuries and i have some woodworking experience. But it was the only solution where i know all my needs (and wants) will be met- lighting, space for the item, height and width of case to fit in my display area, control of remaining shelving, sliding vs pulled doors, glass vs acrylic, etc.

But i am waiting until the release as i dont want to rely on the dimensions by SSC.

I did a LOT of research of cases and doing my own was the only solution that checked all the boxes for me.

I know its been talked about for a couple years but I'd also be interested in hearing people's recent thoughts about displaying this beast. My display room space is extremely limited so I need to come up with something to keep the dust off it and out of harms way, and not take up too much space. Ikea recently released a new Fabrikor glass door cabinet I've been thinking about, it's dimensions are: 31 7/8" wide, 16 1/2" deep, and 44 1/2" high (which includes the legs). I'm a bit put off by the door frames being in the way of viewing the HB and was wondering if they could be removed and replaced with a single framed piece of glass or plexi.

View attachment 349955

I'm also put off by the framing. I've been looking at glass counter displays for department stores. You can find some on eBay. I found one that was 24" high, but only 18" wide. The hulkbuster could be wider than that.

I thought these new Ikea Fabrikor cabinets came in red/reddish-brown but the Ikea site only shows blue and gray for this model. I think the glass shelves are rated at 75 lbs. and they're adjustable to almost any height.

I'm gonna build a display cabinet. Maybe 3 shelves. Each shelf is 24" height, 8' long, 30" deep.
Plan to pose HB fighting Hulk. Maybe some streets dio. Still in the planning stage. Its all down to time and money.

I REALLY hope that the production piece is going to be as bulky as the prototype, as it would be a shame if hot toys spent 3 years working on the 1/6 Hulkbuster, then it doesn't end up being 100% screen accurate, as the production piece DOES look thinner than the prototype, although it may just be picture distortion...

I REALLY hope that the production piece is going to be as bulky as the prototype, as it would be a shame if hot toys spent 3 years working on the 1/6 Hulkbuster, then it doesn't end up being 100% screen accurate, as the production piece DOES look thinner than the prototype, although it may just be picture distortion...
100% screen accurate? Prepare yourself for disappointment. That's a lofty expectation.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

100% screen accurate? Prepare yourself for disappointment. That's a lofty expectation.

Well, the prototype looks bigger and bulkier than the production piece, which is how it appeared in the movie...

My comment has nothing to do with the prototype or the recent production pics. IMO, nothing Hot Toys or any other toy company has ever made has ever been 100% accurate. It's pretty impossible

My comment has nothing to do with the prototype or the recent production pics. IMO, nothing Hot Toys or any other toy company has ever made has ever been 100% accurate. It's pretty impossible

Prime 1 Studios are pretty good at 100% screen accurate pieces[Transformers, Batman Arkham statues, etc.]

If the final release doesn't look like this, every collector who has put out their hard-earned money and waited for three years is going to be gravely disappointed.

doll2_Vestaligo.jpg

Back