1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep end of october so likely we won't see this until november at the earliest. No reason for hot toys to make the date earlier as they can take their time with it. If it doesn't come out until late december then it will be exactly 3 years since the pre order went up at sideshow. This is the longest I have waited for any figure. It's definitely a personal record in that regards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never pre-ordered any HT figure and I've always been able to purchase the figure I wanted at retail price once it was released.

I'm just curious, what possesses a person to throw down money for something that may never come to be or doesn't have a concrete release date attached to it? It just seems rather ludicrous to me!

As someone who will wait for 3 years for a pre-order, what prompts you to be so nonchalant and blasé with your money? I'm simply curious, not trolling or anything. :)

From Sideshow on 6/27/17 about 17:27 EDT:

We wanted to let you know that the shipment of your Hulkbuster Sixth Scale Figure item will be delayed. Based on the latest production information, we now expect your item to arrive into our warehouse in Oct - Nov 2017.

I've never pre-ordered any HT figure and I've always been able to purchase the figure I wanted at retail price once it was released.

I'm just curious, what possesses a person to throw down money for something that may never come to be or doesn't have a concrete release date attached to it? It just seems rather ludicrous to me!

As someone who will wait for 3 years for a pre-order, what prompts you to be so nonchalant and blasé with your money? I'm simply curious, not trolling or anything. :)

Ever get hooked on drugs?
Well this is an addiction.
Plastic crack.

If it was an untested source I may not have but as it's hot toys it will at least have some semblence of quality. I preordered so the cash had to come out in segments and I didn't have to save (if it was in my account I would have spent it) I also didn't want to risk going on the waitlist or face scalpers if it became sold out. Also throwing nearly $1000 dollars at a figure is mental and I just wouldn't do it in one big push.

If it was an untested source I may not have but as it's hot toys it will at least have some semblence of quality. I preordered so the cash had to come out in segments and I didn't have to save (if it was in my account I would have spent it) I also didn't want to risk going on the waitlist or face scalpers if it became sold out. Also throwing nearly $1000 dollars at a figure is mental and I just wouldn't do it in one big push. Plus if it was cancelled I'd get all my cash back.

Cancelled my order yesterday and got full refund... I still plan on getting him, if and when it releases. :thud:

Cancelled my order yesterday and got full refund... I still plan on getting him, if and when it releases. :thud:

tumblr_o7lteqbdwe1s7xfipo5_500.gif

With flex payments and the fact that this thing won't be released in the states until like 5 or 6 months from now, how are you unable to save for it? :dunno

So you question one guy for not being able to save for this then question the next person for being nonchalant and blasé for ordering this too early...

tumblr_mv3evzs5CI1s7dhr7o2_500.gif

Getting a hard release date for this figure is definitely a step in the right direction. Seems odd to cancel now given after all of the delays sticking through the process to cancel after receiving a communicated launch date. Not my situation and they can do what they like its their collection.

Did you order HB or do you like to just come in and bash it around for kicks?

Getting a hard release date for this figure is definitely a step in the right direction. Seems odd to cancel now given after all of the delays sticking through the process to cancel after receiving a communicated launch date. Not my situation and they can do what they like its their collection.

Did you order HB or do you like to just come in a bash it around for kicks?

I have it ordered. I've had it on order for years now. No need to be accusatory. It was a simple question. I don't get the excitement. We got a vague release of Fall 2017 (for China) and another delay right after Summer just began. It's another 6 month wait after we've already waited over two years.

Not a moment of triumph. Just my opinion though.

I have it ordered. I've had it on order for years now. No need to be accusatory. It was a simple question. I don't get the excitement. We got a vague release of Fall 2017 (for China) and another delay right after Summer just began. It's another 6 month wait after we've already waited over two years.

Not a moment of triumph. Just my opinion though.

I'm not invading your safe space. Many of the recent posts you make in this thread have a negative slant towards the piece or the delay, just an observation. As much as your frustration is showing on the delays it would have been healthier for you to cancel to not have the stress and worry of it coming out. No need to tell everyone every third page the delay sucks and hot toys is not living up to expectations. If you do not get the excitement, I would doubt Iron Man is a significant part of your collection.

I'm not invading your safe space. Many of the recent posts you make in this thread have a negative slant towards the piece or the delay, just an observation. As much as your frustration is showing on the delays it would have been healthier for you to cancel to not have the stress and worry of it coming out. No need to tell everyone every third page the delay sucks and hot toys is not living up to expectations. If you do not get the excitement, I would doubt Iron Man is a significant part of your collection.

Christ, you state an opinion and everyone loses their minds. I'm happy when this guy isn't delayed. I do not understand the excitement for an additional delay. Since differing opinions bother you, I'll do my best to be like you.

OMGGG ANOTHER DELAY! I CANT WAIT!!!!

Dont mind that guy. For someone named "BringsTheAwesome", all I ever hear from him is whining, negativity and pessimism...

I just hope they will still include the Mark XLIII bust inside.

Although the update from last year says its included, with all the costs of the upgrades... I still worry they will cheap out and not have it on final release. Absolutely no interest in putting a fully functioning Iron Man figure locked inside this beast.

I just hope they will still include the Mark XLIII bust inside.

Although the update from last year says its included, with all the costs of the upgrades... I still worry they will cheap out and not have it on final release. Absolutely no interest in putting a fully functioning Iron Man figure locked inside this beast.

I hope it does too, but wouldn't put it past them to not include it and then reissue a limited run of the diecast 43 for sale to make extra bucks. Here's hoping thats just a dumb rumour I just made up that doesn't turn out to be true.

I hope it does too, but wouldn't put it past them to not include it and then reissue a limited run of the diecast 43 for sale to make extra bucks. Here's hoping thats just a dumb rumour I just made up that doesn't turn out to be true.

I am from HK. I have already asked their stuff directly, they said it is included the bust.

Back