1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waaaaaaay back in this thread when Motu was still posting, I (we?) got into it with him about this. In the film HB's faceplate looks 'electroplated' just like the 45's does at the end of the film (and ya, the 46 should not have this effect). So I'm really hoping they go that route with the final product.

I still get PTSD flashbacks from the whole conversation lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Final flex bump 4 weeks until the end of June for me. Even if it was released tonight i doubt it would be at SSC until mid July.

Final flex bump 4 weeks until the end of June for me. Even if it was released tonight i doubt it would be at SSC until mid July.

Agreed. It's very curious why they are only bumping flex pays to the end of June, like mine from 6/5 to 6/25, when they know it takes about 4-6 weeks to receive their stock from HK. Do these small pushbacks mean it is close to release? Or perhaps they are easing us into a big delay at the end of June? :gah:

Agreed. It's very curious why they are only bumping flex pays to the end of June, like mine from 6/5 to 6/25, when they know it takes about 4-6 weeks to receive their stock from HK. Do these small pushbacks mean it is close to release? Or perhaps they are easing us into a big delay at the end of June? :gah:

My guess would be the latter.

I think it's because it'll be announced soon. From OSR, it's HB then Harlie then WW. Or something of that nature.

Only time will tell!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Congrats to those hanging in there for this guy :lol I think it'll pay off when he's out

I think it's because it'll be announced soon. From OSR, it's HB then Harlie then WW. Or something of that nature.

Only time will tell!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Wonder Woman should be next out according to HT staff at secret base. Harley is now due July-September and of course Hulkbuster was teased too, but I wouldn't expect the latter pair till at least end of June but like everyone else, that's just a guess

Congrats to those hanging in there for this guy :lol I think it'll pay off when he's out

Wonder Woman should be next out according to HT staff at secret base. Harley is now due July-September and of course Hulkbuster was teased too, but I wouldn't expect the latter pair till at least end of June but like everyone else, that's just a guess

Ehhhh!!! Look who's back! :hi5:

And yes, I think we ALL deserve a pat on the back for waiting this one out. +10 points to the patience skill tree.

Ehhhh!!! Look who's back! :hi5:

And yes, I think we ALL deserve a pat on the back for waiting this one out. +10 points to the patience skill tree.

Haha for now I spose :lol :hi5:

Yes definitely, it takes serious patience to wait this long for a figure, we all get that little bit annoyed when things are delayed but I don't think its ever been this bad. Hopefully leveling up soon with all these patience points :lol

At least when it's all done we can sit back and whenever anyone whinges about a few months delay we can put our hands up to them and scream "B*tch Please, you weren't there for the great Hulkbuster delay of 2016. That was real pain!"

At least when it's all done we can sit back and whenever anyone whinges about a few months delay we can put our hands up to them and scream "B*tch Please, you weren't there for the great Hulkbuster delay of 2016. That was real pain!"

My PO was actually placed March 4th, 2015 :rotfl

Damn, crazy to think 2 years have passed already.

Not really. Releases normally take about a year. For instance Civil War Iron Man was teased around the time the movie came out and it's only recently being released.

Given the size of the Hulkbuster it only makes sense that it would take longer than the standard one year.

Dunno why all you folks keep complaining. :dunno

Not really. Releases normally take about a year. For instance Civil War Iron Man was teased around the time the movie came out and it's only recently being released.

Given the size of the Hulkbuster it only makes sense that it would take longer than the standard one year.

I would have to imagine the people who use flexpay are kinda annoyed as they already paid out the full $825, perhaps as long as over a year ago, for something they still don't own. Nor have they seen any final pics due to product changes... I would be. You could've bought 3 - 4 other figures in that time, and still had time to flex pay it a 2nd time, and still not own it. HT does need to do something "extra" for those sticking this out that haven't asked for refunds..

I should have clarified, I'm saying how fast from my perspective that 2 years have passed. Nothing related to the PO of the Hulkbuster.

Annnnd this one took two and a half years. We are coming up on eighteen months late. I personally don't mind, but that would be why people are complaining.

I would have to imagine the people who use flexpay are kinda annoyed as they already paid out the full $825, perhaps as long as over a year ago, for something they still don't own. Nor have they seen any final pics due to product changes... I would be. You could've bought 3 - 4 other figures in that time, and still had time to flex pay it a 2nd time, and still not own it. HT does need to do something "extra" for those sticking this out that haven't asked for refunds..

Understandable, but it's been pretty standard with Hot Toys that there are usually production delays and that the projected release dates are simply estimates and always end up getting bumped.

With that being said, those who are pre-ordering are fully aware when they pull the trigger with their credit cards. While the delay for the Hulkbuster is new territory I just don't think it's that much of a surprise given how complex and large the figure is.

I just feel like people on this forum find anything and everything to complain about. If the Hulkbuster was rushed in order to be released on time you bet there will be people complaining about the QC. So Hot Toys decides to take their sweet time in order to ensure this beast is worth every penny and people still complain about the wait time.

I guess my point is, at the end of the day these are just really expensive toys. Find other things in your life to worry about because if the delay of an extremely expensive toy is the only thing bothering you then hell, I want your life! :lol

Back