1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The surgery scar from selling my kidney to buy this will be all healed up by the time it's released.

I personally don't mind the wait... gives me some time to sell off my Detolf cases and look for a new display set up. I want to make sure this bad boy has enough room :lol

tumblr_ns9vf6T5Yx1uqx64ro3_1280.jpg

I apologize if this was already discussed but just stumbled upon this image in the HT Endo thread and couldn't help but notice the left "Hammer-Hand" on the hulk buster. The second hand that Stark attaches to the buster suit after Hulk rips off his left arm from the suit. Am I crazy or is this one of the accessories that will be coming with this beast? I know there will be BD interchangeable armor bits but I don't recall reading in the description that there will be an additional arm to swap out.

Hot toys has never said it's coming. It is possible obviously. But for something that is that costly to make, and after they announced the other parts, it seems very unlikely to be included. The arm would have almost the same tooling costs as most normal figures as its nearly the size of a normal figure. I wouldn't expect them to throw in something like that without at least telling people to generate sales or offset costs in some way. If they add it in now they have essentially added it for free. That's a big ask.

Also, the photo is from sdcc 2015 I think so it's been talked about a fair bit.

ah ok been on the fence for a while on this monster, also gathering some points to some-what discount the behemoth because those monthly payments are just going to be painful added in with other figures. I am too close to pulling the trigger on this since I missed the window to order the Delorean for my BTF Marty =( so funds have been shifted towards a different purchase and I am leaning to get this guy. There is only X-amount of IM figures/suits I want to get and the HB was for sure on that list (always was a favorite in design and since he can go toe to toe with Hulk in theory) I don't own the MK XLIII but I do have XLII and am really curious if those are the same figure just different paint colors on the armor? If so then MK XLII will step in place of the inner suit inside a suit, now only if there was a suit that the HB went inside of......

The wait has been too long. Do you guys feels like the longer the wait, the higher the expectation you'll have for this figure??

I'm wondering if manufacturing this figure is very much harder then those 1/4 ironman?

Zero chance of a MK 43 reissue...water is well under the bridge.

Well how many times have they made the Mk 7 armor? Never say never, I certainly hope they do a reissue with the extra arm/hand with another Mk 43 plus if they even did a simplified version of the Mk 43 like a power pose figure so you don't have to risk scratching or damaging the armor bits of your shiny diecast figure trying to fit it inside the HB armor.

The prevailing theory in the summer of 2015 was that the "go to sleep" arm would be included with Veronika ... wonder if that exclusive is still happening since it's been so long and they never really officially announced it.

Hopefully Toy Soul provides some answers.

9a120878ccdf4c284b99575ca6c7dfdb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The prevailing theory in the summer of 2015 was that the "go to sleep" arm would be included with Veronika ... wonder if that exclusive is still happening since it's been so long and they never really officially announced it.

Hopefully Toy Soul provides some answers.

9a120878ccdf4c284b99575ca6c7dfdb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe it was postponed in order to match dates with Hulkbuster.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Well how many times have they made the Mk 7 armor? Never say never, I certainly hope they do a reissue with the extra arm/hand with another Mk 43 plus if they even did a simplified version of the Mk 43 like a power pose figure so you don't have to risk scratching or damaging the armor bits of your shiny diecast figure trying to fit it inside the HB armor.

The mk7 comparison doesn't fit real well. But they just did reissue the mk43 four months ago so it's not that hard to imagine. When the Shanghai store opened the 4,6,42,43 where all reissued, and the 4 and 6 recently made it to ssc. I would be a little surprised if they don't offer the 43 in some fashion...possibly with the jackhammer arm or Veronica...but at least a reissue.

ah ok been on the fence for a while on this monster, also gathering some points to some-what discount the behemoth because those monthly payments are just going to be painful added in with other figures. I am too close to pulling the trigger on this since I missed the window to order the Delorean for my BTF Marty =( so funds have been shifted towards a different purchase and I am leaning to get this guy. There is only X-amount of IM figures/suits I want to get and the HB was for sure on that list (always was a favorite in design and since he can go toe to toe with Hulk in theory) I don't own the MK XLIII but I do have XLII and am really curious if those are the same figure just different paint colors on the armor? If so then MK XLII will step in place of the inner suit inside a suit, now only if there was a suit that the HB went inside of......

Yeah the 42 is essentially the same as the 43(hot toys made minor changes to the 43 but it was very minor)

Yeah the 42 is essentially the same as the 43(hot toys made minor changes to the 43 but it was very minor)

Did the 43 by any chance have a more fleshed-out bottom? That's one of my biggest gripes about the 42, it looked quite strange.

The waist area is what got updated the most. I can post pics of the two side by side if you want.

Back