1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clear your browsing history, add the HB to your cart, wait a minute or so, and then hover your mouse over the search bar.

You should get a discount code or something

Thanks for the tip! Only a 5% off coupon appeared though.... really trying to get the 10% you mentioned. Guess i'll keep trying lol

Import/customs duty will be around 15% on top of the price through Sideshow. Anything over $1000 AUD gets slugged. Better deal locally through popcultcha for sure. Plus free shipping.

Just tried a pre-order through their site. Still no dice !!!

Plus always good to support a local business. :)

Tried PO-ing it online from Popcultcha before I cancelled my SSC order and came up with the error message The requested quantity for "Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Iron Man Hulkbuster Armour 1/6th Scale Hot Toys Action Figure" is not available.

Called them this morning and they said negative, sold out ages ago.

Ahh well... Got into the hobby late and will just have to pray to god that it somehow ships before Jul 17 or save up more for tax and shipping

I'm not getting this but it's crazy to me that it still hasn't been released. They're putting so much time into this, it's probably gonna be incredible when it finally comes out. Congrats to whoever is getting it.

Just wait and buy it on eBay once it comes out. No way this thing even gets close to retail on the secondary market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried PO-ing it online from Popcultcha before I cancelled my SSC order and came up with the error message The requested quantity for "Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Iron Man Hulkbuster Armour 1/6th Scale Hot Toys Action Figure" is not available.

Ahh well... Got into the hobby late and will just have to pray to god that it somehow ships before Jul 17 or save up more for tax and shipping

They are taking names for a waitlist. Im on there myself. I think they will get hold of more closer to the date of release. Whenever that actually materialises. :)

They are taking names for a waitlist. Im on there myself. I think they will get hold of more closer to the date of release. Whenever that actually materialises. :)

I wonder how long that list is, the later I cancel with SSC the larger the credit I'm gonna get. Maybe the best plan now is to just finish my flex pays and see how it goes, if the in hand pics don't look good or it gets delayed again, I could cancel and order via eBay (if they ship). Or simply forego it since it's starting to sounds like a big ass & expensive exercise lol

Well that's a bummer, not sure why it is still up on their website then if it is sold out, they always remove products from listing once that is the case.

Goodluck with the purchase :)

Igor went down because HB got announced... I personally can't imagine HT releasing a robotic style figure that's going to top HB. This guys going to be legendary.

Igor went down, like all the Iron Men because they've over saturated the IM market. They've widdled down potential collectors by making too many and at this price point you will have a very hard time breaking even on resale.

Igor went down, like all the Iron Men because they've over saturated the IM market. They've widdled down potential collectors by making too many and at this price point you will have a very hard time breaking even on resale.

Agreed on all points, but I can't help but feel that Hulkbuster is so unique in the Hot Toys line up that it is bound to buck that trend.

Trumbuster.jpg

I'm hoping the redesign still comes with the MK 43 bust, although I think it would have to because its already been announced; I personally could care less about putting a full figure inside and think it's a crappy excuse for a delayed release and redesign that could potentially make the figure more fragile. I still have it on PO...we'll see how it turns out.

I don't think this will go down in value like the HPP. This armor was way more popular, has more screen time and was a needed armor in the plot.

All the other HPP armors went down in price because I don't think those armors were really all that important/pivotal. They weren't main armors. They were more like filler armors.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I don't think this will go down in value like the HPP. This armor was way more popular, has more screen time and was a needed armor in the plot.

All the other HPP armors went down in price because I don't think those armors were really all that important/pivotal. They weren't main armors. They were more like filler armors.

yeah totally.

Also, I feel like the main armors that were highlighted in the previous Iron Man films (1 and 2) have held their value well. But with the diecast rehash, obviously their value has gone down.

yeah totally.

Also, I feel like the main armors that were highlighted in the previous Iron Man films (1 and 2) have held their value well. But with the diecast rehash, obviously their value has gone down.
Has the die-cast for the OG armors been announced yet?

IMO, the potential for this holding its retail value or even incresing is not high. Its already twice the cost of the highest priced armor. ( retail to retail ). That make the market for it slimmer to begin with. Then, for those interested in it after it is released and sold out ( 2 years from now and 3 years after the movie ;) ) a price tag in the $1,000 range or even higher, will make the market for it even more limited. Just my opinion though. I'm a musician. What do I know!

I'm hoping the redesign still comes with the MK 43 bust, although I think it would have to because its already been announced; I personally could care less about putting a full figure inside and think it's a crappy excuse for a delayed release and redesign that could potentially make the figure more fragile. I still have it on PO...we'll see how it turns out.

:goodpost:

Given the price out of the box it's tough to see this going over the retail price tag in secondary, even of they make a small batch. The price is a barrier to entry. Even a discounted price.

Back