1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to be soooooo freaking excited once we get the final product pics. I might just squeal.... A manly squeal of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll squeal even louder when someone breaks theirs in a video :rotfl

Too much money invested to drop. You have to hold it like you hold a newborn.:wink1:

Decided to have some fun by creating a custom ball-joint adapter for Mark XLIII. It looked like he has a stiff neck so I improved its range of motion. Start to finish in less than 20 mins. I will consider this similar approach for HT HB if it's neck articulation is less than stellar.

[Original] Before...
P1070391_RS.JPG

After
P1070394_RS.JPG

Soft rubber ball-joint adapter
P1070388_CR_brighten CR.JPG

Attachments

• P1070388_cr_cr.jpg
    P1070388_cr_cr.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 352
LOL~ fair enough. Comic artists sure don't find his neck long tho..neither do their fans. IMO elongated neck works great for flying poses and power poses anyhow :)

4463251-5150631014-43343.jpg
3450768-1212903-invincible_iron_man_v5_025_038.jpg

At the very least he can strike these poses :)
P1070412_cr2.jpg
P1070442.JPG
P1070446.JPG
P1070461.JPG
P1070464.JPG
P1070463.JPG

What works in a comic doesn't neccesarliy work in the real world. There are all kinds of pesky things like bones and nerves and reality that get in the way. The way it is with the extended neck would kill stark.

I don't see why he can't have a longer neck. Ironman is designed based on Marvel comics/ 2D concept-art [edit: counterpart]. Let's not forget the unrealistic (CG) Ironman articulations in Marvel films. And besides, this is just a collectible/toy. It was never "realistic" to begin with.

Edit: I dunno..i still find the poses are more dynamic and interesting than the original.

Original vs Mod
P1070468_sm.JPGP1070472.JPG

I don't see why he can't have a longer neck. Ironman is designed based on Marvel comics/ 2D concept-art. Let's not forget the unrealistic (CG) Ironman articulations in Marvel films. And besides, this is just a collectible/toy. It was never "realistic" to begin with.

What?

No, the figure is not based on the comic art. It is based in both the 3D model of the film and the practical suit made for the film. It is then engineered to be a realistic 3D real world representation of that film character. It is supposed to be a real person in the suit.

If you want to make him have an elongated neck that's fine. It's your figure. It doesn't mean anyone else has to like it. If a real person, like say Robert Downey Jr., was inside the suit with the neck like you depicted he would be either dead, or look like some of those tribe folk that do neck stretching. It's not natural.

And the entire point of hot toys figures it to be as realistic as is possible given the characters.

The comic images you posted don't mean to depict a longer then normal neck. A drawn character often exaggerates features to convey a sense of depth and movement. If that suit where standing flat foot the neck wouldn't look like yours.

From the same comic...here he is standing flat. His neck is not "extended". It's just drawn that way in the panels you posted to trick the eye into believe he is flying and fast. Is neck is not supposed to all long.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Whatever rocks your boat motux. Designs always change to suit the consumers. I happen to like the increased articulation with the added elegance. Call it what you may ^_^

[Edit: If Hot Toys can afford to add extendable features in its figures...then its safe for me to include an extended neck :]

Back