1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mugatu, that's a pretty sweet setup! HB will line up with all your larger figures/statues as well. Is your desk a custom job? Never saw a desk shelf with hinged glass doors before. Anyhow, luv'n the overall setup...its got great lighting and is neat and tidy.

Thx for the post!

Yeah, I took all the wooden doors off and replaced them all with glass, while adding in the LEDs.

Actually may need to do some rearranging for HB. We will see.

I'm digging your light box as well!

How do you tackle dust issues? Especially on fabric? I normally out statues out uncovered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally, i would use a detolf or Acrylic display case to cover up. From my understanding, acrylic glass is clearer than glass... that's why i chose this method. On a funny note, I even considered using a clear plastic bag cover to stop dust from settling. It takes up little to no space. folds and stretches nicely.... but then the figures won't look pretty :monkey4

Have you considered an air filter/humidifier in your space? It would greatly reduce dust if left on 24/7.

Guys, this is totally random, but i just thought of an idea for HT HB lighting system. Purchasing a thirdparty LED system (by Soap Studios) can be too costly. Battery replacement is troublesome & costly. Modding can be tedious and risky. However, what if we use UV lighting on reactive clear plastics to light-up HB's reactors? All 16 reactors plus its eyes will glow/light-up simultaneously in the dark with a simple UV light source. Thoughts?

(Update: The blue glow may give a more convincing "radioactive" glow to the reactors. In fact, that's how some movie radioactive FX are created - with UV lighting)

Here are some examples:
16720-6.jpg 16720.jpg16720-7.jpg
d6bb710535111519e65cca899431dfde.jpg
Range of colors available in liquid form.

Attachments

• 6964419323_b693e4db24_m.jpg
    6964419323_b693e4db24_m.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 203
Guys, this is totally random, but i just thought of an idea for HT HB lighting system. Purchasing a thirdparty LED system (by Soap Studios) can be too costly. Battery replacement is troublesome & costly. Modding can be tedious and risky. However, what if we use UV lighting on reactive clear plastics to light-up HB's reactors? All 16 reactors plus its eyes will glow/light-up simultaneously in the dark with a simple UV light source. Thoughts?

(Update: The blue glow may give a more convincing "radioactive" glow to the reactors. In fact, that's how some movie radioactive FX are created - with UV lighting)

Here are some examples:
View attachment 242749 View attachment 242753View attachment 242754
View attachment 242751

Damn that is one nice Banshee... This reminds me that I need to go and finish Gundam UC :rotfl

Thanks for the input on the light up base man, that got my head ticking :hi5:

Here are some examples:
View attachment 242749 View attachment 242753View attachment 242754

View attachment 242751

I'm not putting custom paint on a 1000 dollar figure. And it only looks good in low light or dark. Not much of a fix.

And sorry to be a buzz kill but movies don't use black light paint to do much special effects. Not any films with even a decent budget. It's a super easy effect to accomplish in post and doesn't read well on film Becuase of the light it requires to work. Sorry chief.

No offense taken~ A lot of things don't read well on film, that's why there's post. Just because cameras don't capture certain things well, doesn't mean our eyes can't. The naked eye will definitely pick-up the bright glow when done properly. The black light mod may be an option for those who want a soft glow compared to hard light. Look on the bright side, people can turn on their LED reactors in the daytime..and have it glow at night. Imagine custom glow-parts that fit snug onto the reactors. People may simply remove them. Now that's neat~

Well i appreciate your take on this -why fix something that ain't broken and looks great. I can see why some are content with that while others opt to customize figures to their own tastes. Nonetheless, I'd love to see everyone's HB (original/modified) and setup to keep things fresh.

(The blacklight paint was just an example.. i know those can be pretty weak.)

Damn that is one nice Banshee... This reminds me that I need to go and finish Gundam UC :rotfl

Glad to be of help :)

Damn right it's limited...no cup holders ....lol (ok, that's a movie line but come on, it's a good joke! Ok, so maybe not)

What do you mean by "limited" edition? It means many things to many people.

As for how long it will be retail..until it sells out. Or gets clearanced. There's really no way to know that stuff. Throw a dart at calander. Just as likely to be right. You can make an educated guess but it's still, just a guess. I doubt this sells out, but that's just because the price and there are other "versions" from other retailers. But as I said, there's really no way to know at this point. Until it actually releases and you can see true interest when people have to drop that money it's hard to tell.

There's no mention of that on Google searches from my knowledge. What's certain is Hot Toys purchased a license from Marvel and perhaps paid royalties to the movie-makers for its design as well. King Arts for example was only permitted to manufacture a 1/4 HB cellphone charger. Most manufacturers would jump at the word "Exclusive" if it's true....in this case, I have yet to see them use that word. Fellow collectors, correct me if i'm wrong.

I'm Not a pro but I thought UV light will fade the Colour off the figure?

I'm Not a pro but I thought UV light will fade the Colour off the figure?

I honestly believe it depends on the wavelength of the UV.

Looking at this graph:
quality%20of%20a%20light%20source.jpg

Black light is closer to the purples, which is pretty much harmless.

It's when you're getting closer to the middle and X-rays part (where raw unfiltered sunlight is) is when you start to get fading.

I honestly believe it depends on the wavelength of the UV.

Looking at this graph:
quality%20of%20a%20light%20source.jpg

Black light is closer to the purples, which is pretty much harmless.

It's when you're getting closer to the middle and X-rays part (where raw unfiltered sunlight is) is when you start to get fading.

Oh interesting

Back