1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My buddy in HK that picks up all of the new Marvel releases for me knows a few people at Secret Base,
and April is what he has been told… he has been spot on with release dates on everything recent, so I don't have a reason
to doubt him.

Hands are itchy already

I hope this gets delayed for a long while still. Still saving up rewards points to take a bite out of that price and make it something more doable in one payment or with flex pay. This thing is such a beast!

image_zpsgaodmt2j.jpeg

FINALLY got the HulkBuster. The armor is incredible. Had no idea it had a propeller on top of it. Best figure yet!

Now if what Dino says is correct about an April release, we should be seeing more promo photos coming from magazines and reviewers very soon. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Not neccesarliy. There's a huge amount of the figures that get no new photos until it actually releases.

Finally placed my order, my last order from sideshow had its reward points clear and I was able to buy this guy 100% on reward points! just have to pay shipping (hopefully under $40 to the Midwest). heavily considered the Delorean Time Machine or just holding the money for exclusive versions of future figures, but figured what better to spend it on than one amazing huge figure that I would probably never pay cash for.

I also noticed that BBTS and Popcultcha are both sold out of this guy already, which is unusual for any Hot Toys figure before release. If its really releasing in April, supply might dry up by May.

I have read he may be up to 23" tall, Sideshow has it listed as 21" on their site. Kind of hoping he is closer to 21" as its going in a Besta that has 23-24" clearance depending on where I put the shelf above it.

Finally placed my order, my last order from sideshow had its reward points clear and I was able to buy this guy 100% on reward points! just have to pay shipping (hopefully under $40 to the Midwest). heavily considered the Delorean Time Machine or just holding the money for exclusive versions of future figures, but figured what better to spend it on than one amazing huge figure that I would probably never pay cash for.

I also noticed that BBTS and Popcultcha are both sold out of this guy already, which is unusual for any Hot Toys figure before release. If its really releasing in April, supply might dry up by May.

I have read he may be up to 23" tall, Sideshow has it listed as 21" on their site. Kind of hoping he is closer to 21" as its going in a Besta that has 23-24" clearance depending on where I put the shelf above it.

Nice! I had some points saved up but decided to used them on the BVS line. This figure will be amazing though.

Wow! Congratulations!! Getting this guy for free is amazing. Well done, sir! :)

Congrats and welcome to the club

LOL~ fair enough. Comic artists sure don't find his neck long tho..neither do their fans. IMO elongated neck works great for flying poses and power poses anyhow

At the very least he can strike these poses

I commend your effort and don't discourage you from experimenting but it just doesn't look good or natural. It gives it a very cheap toy look with those gaps showing.

It reminds of the He-Man character who could extend his neck.

I commend your effort and don't discourage you from experimenting but it just doesn't look good or natural. It gives it a very cheap toy look with those gaps showing.

It reminds of the He-Man character who could extend his neck.

Thanks for your support and honest opinion~ I took into the consideration of what you and others said about the 'giraffe' neck and see the drawbacks. Unfortunately the aesthetic cons were greater than it's added functionality. I'll approach this mod more cautiously next time -keeping in mind the balance of the two.

Anyone know a good place with fast shipping to order this Beast. I really don't want to do SS because of the California Taxes, BBTS is out of the question since is SOLD OUT, any other place where they might get them fast. Thanks guys.

Back