1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your welcome. It sucks you had such a high deposit, but I think it's a safer route. And congrats on the order.

Do you mind telling me why you didn't order with sideshow direct? Just out of curiously? No worries if you don't want to answer.

I live in Canada where Duty/Customs taxes are high and unpredictable...they can tax Canadians anywhere from 12- 24% depending on the item. Shipping fees I estimate is anywhere from $80-150usd. And more often than not, merchants do not want to take on brokerage fees as well. Altogether, it may end up costing me atleast 1200-1300+ USD instead of $825usd MSRP (plus $35 pre-order shipping & handling fee) from my local hobby/comic shop. Oh yea.. US dollar is rising whereas CA looney is dropping. By the end of the day, our Canadian Customs aka brethren deter us from spending in the US. That's what it boils down to.

On the bright side, i guess the Hulkbuster will have to make it up to me in a few months...lol
Can't wait to give him some extreme poses for an action figure of this scale.

I'm excited ... took a family trip to IKEA today and picked up a Besta to fit Hulkbuster in. I feel so relieved now that I know for sure how I'm going to display this behemoth. Four payments down, four to go!

Hi man you mind if i ask what besta display case you got to display this beast? Also looking on checking some display case to display this bad boy

Hi man you mind if i ask what besta display case you got to display this beast? Also looking on checking some display case to display this bad boy

No problem. I picked up this frame (in black) and bought a couple shelves for it. They have glass doors for it too but they were out of stock so I'll return next week to pick those up.

BESTÅ Frame - walnut effect light gray - IKEA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in Canada where Duty/Customs taxes are high and unpredictable...they can tax Canadians anywhere from 12- 24% depending on the item. Shipping fees I estimate is anywhere from $80-150usd. And more often than not, merchants do not want to take on brokerage fees as well. Altogether, it may end up costing me atleast 1200-1300+ USD instead of $825usd MSRP (plus $35 pre-order shipping & handling fee) from my local hobby/comic shop. Oh yea.. US dollar is rising whereas CA looney is dropping. By the end of the day, our Canadian Customs aka brethren deter us from spending in the US. That's what it boils down to.

On the bright side, i guess the Hulkbuster will have to make it up to me in a few months...lol
Can't wait to give him some extreme poses for an action figure of this scale.

Hey. Thanks for the reply. Makes sense.

And it will be a fun figure to pose for sure.

I have been struggling since the pre-order went up of Hulkbuster on weather or not I should pull the trigger on this. Payments are up to $150 a month now which is hard to swallow, but only 5 payments. If I do pull the trigger I will be maxed out on PO's for awhile since I already have a few others in the mix. Not sure what the civil war line will have to offer.

No problem. I picked up this frame (in black) and bought a couple shelves for it. They have glass doors for it too but they were out of stock so I'll return next week to pick those up.

BESTÅ Frame - walnut effect light gray - IKEA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh wow perfect ! Kindly share a photo once you finished your set up pls 😁 i might steal the idea hehe (i hope its ok)

Heh it's great to see people anticipating for the pre-orders to arrive! Looks like i may pass on a detolf altogether since i don't have the space. He will have to be raw and exposed in the living room as he stands tall holding my cellphone.

Anyhow, being the eager beaver that i AM, I've done research on Hot Toys competitor King Arts. They just recently announced their Hulkbuster motorized-Jackhammer accessory will be sold as part of a "Box Set". It will be bundled with Hulk (statue), and miniature Veronica (1/24 scale?). I believe the HK article mentioned a price tag of $250-300 USD - I may be wrong.
(https://www.toysbuddyhk.com/forum/upload/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=14677&highlight=hulk)

View attachment 239261

My guess is...Hot Toys will either sell Veronica and the Jackhammer (non-motorized) as a bundle for similar pricing OR they may never sell a deluxe bundle-set. Afterall, looks likes they're swamped with weekly releases. Let's see which is which!

Does King Arts not make articulated figures other than IM? That Hulk will punch more convincingly than HT's ever will but I'm just not into statues.

Considering Veronica would be a tough sell on its own, I'm guessing HT packages it with the jackhammer arm. Unfortunately.

I totally agree with you there regarding Veronica and Hulk statue being a hard sell. If i want statues, i would've sculpted one for myself out of clay many years ago. I love playing with my figures and creating new stances/poses to keep'em interesting. I digress...only time will tell when King Arts will make an articulated Hulk. King Arts is so to speak the 'New Kid on the Block' of toy designers. 'Wouldnt be surprised if they're focusing their efforts only on what sells the most... like IM figures + limited diecast figures + new LED system patents.

Anyhow, if we must choose between Hot Toys or King Arts figures does anyone have an idea who makes the most articulated figures to date? and Why? My one major concern is HT Hulkbuster version may lack helmet movement. Motuxmen gave me a great example of HT's articulation. HT Striker has an amazing shoulder extension...although some collectors have reported the peg snapping off *ouch

Hot toys has around 500 total figures. They have been at it a long time. Nearly 15 years.

King arts has a wider range. They do props and 1:1 stuff as well. They also have a limited license which is why they don't make as many "figures".

As for things breaking...I wouldn't worry to much about it. If you read the instructions and handle things with a bit of care they don't usually break. And if you order from someplace like sideshow, if it does break they replace it.

Hot toys has around 500 total figures. They have been at it a long time. Nearly 15 years.

King arts has a wider range. They do props and 1:1 stuff as well. They also have a limited license which is why they don't make as many "figures".

As for things breaking...I wouldn't worry to much about it. If you read the instructions and handle things with a bit of care they don't usually break. And if you order from someplace like sideshow, if it does break they replace it.
Do......do you have a full list? :monkey3

Of what? Every hot toys figure? No but you can easily find the info. The MMS figures are up to 370ish. 30 vg releases. 6 1/4 scale. 10 diorama or vehicles. 50 or so military figures. 5 or 10 true type. And so on.

Of what? Every hot toys figure? No but you can easily find the info. The MMS figures are up to 370ish. 30 vg releases. 6 1/4 scale. 10 diorama or vehicles. 50 or so military figures. 5 or 10 true type. And so on.

Don't forget the cosbabies and Artist mix figures :)

Here's most of the mms figures....it's most of them. Sorry if there are duplicates and what not. Hard to get them all straight with these little thumbnail pics on my phone. But you get the idea. And this is just the mms line. Not the DX or the VG or the 1/4 or the military ect....and it's missing about 20 mms

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed Hulkbuster's articulation in his right shoulder? (left of the photo). It appears as though it can extend approximately 5-to-10mm judging from the photo comparisons. Although there's a possibility Hot Toys may have made modifications to suit the diorama, what if they have not? As we may already know the Jackhammer arm is heavily modified (pinned) to fit his (left) shoulder socket...so we can dismiss comparison of the left-shoulder articulation.

What are your thoughts? Can it extend? or does it merely have basic articulation?

P.S. This is my first Hot Toys purchase, so I'd very much appreciate feedback from Hot Toys collectors regarding articulation and pose-ability in HT mecha/armored figures.

Based on AGCHK 2015 (top) vs San Diego Comic-C on (bottom) photos comparison

View attachment 239067
View attachment 239068

Those protos likely have very limited articulation, as they are protos and not finished production items- their job is to look good and representative, not be a complete product on the inside. Until the finished product gets in the hands of reviewers, the full range of movement and features will be uncertain, but I wouldn't base much of anything on what you can see in those images. The Iron Man figures of late have all had good articulation and joint systems, but this is a vastly bigger figure than ever before. The Mark 43 1/4 is big but also rock solid, so I hope that can carry over to the HB.

Thx for the reminder rocbolt. You're right, we only have prototype photos to evaluate its overall appearance- somehow i let that slip from my mind. I'd be more than content if HB comes close to the articulation of Bandai S.H. Figuart's HB. Below is the most recent Bandai Brazil review showing off its articulation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Syppbb4TbK0

I'll check out reviews on the Mark 43 1/4 in the meantime

Thx for the reminder rocbolt. You're right, we only have prototype photos to evaluate its overall appearance- somehow i let that slip from my mind. I'd be more than content if HB comes close to the articulation of Bandai S.H. Figuart's HB. Below is the most recent Bandai Brazil review showing off its articulation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Syppbb4TbK0

I'll check out reviews on the Mark 43 1/4 in the meantime

jeez looking at that review, I can't believe that thing will cost around $500.

Back