1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's got some cool engineering features.

I'm hoping the SHF HB comes out good because that's the one I finally decided on. The HT version is outstanding and definitely the better value but I just don't have the space for any more large pieces. I didn't want to spend $800+ on a great figure and have to display it in some half-@ssed way. Either way HB was going to be displayed on it's own, so being in scale with my HT Avengers wasn't an issue. After shipping my SHF HB will be around $425 and it'll be a lot less stressfull finding a good spot for him.

I don't know if this is old news but I see Medicom threw their hat in the HB ring. It's pretty bare bones - around 11" with no light up features and under $300.

Congrats bud. Be sure to read the instructions and be gentle. This one is designed very different then hot toys.

The telescoping joints are fragile. Not like you blow on it and it breaks bad, but if you use to much torque u snap it easy. It's a strange figure to use it on but I can see why they did. Seems to be pretty good value for money.

Thanks. It's funny, I tend to display my HT Iron Man figures in standard museum type poses and don't ever mess with the batteries or light up features. This little HB I'm planning on lighting it up and going with some more aggressive posing. It sounds like this could be shipping as early as this week so I might have it in the next couple of weeks since mine's coming direct from Japan.

*Cringe* The thought of HB snapping is too much for me to handle~ You brought up an excellent point about its engineering flaws. Both Medicom and S.H. Figuarts HB ver. seem like great value choices as long as owners handle them with care.

p.s. Congratz Nazgul! Can't wait to see some photos and your thoughts on the SH figuarts

I cancelled my preorder for the shf hulkbuster. Paying monthly for ht version is kinda tiring me out and nipponyasan kinda wanted me to pay for shf hulkbuster right away. Had no choice but to cancel. Which is a shame cuz i have all the shf age of ultron figures so far.

Sent from my LG-V497 using Tapatalk

Sentinel HB is where it's at. Likely the best articulation, cool-looking opening mechanism, lights in both headsculpts. Bring on March.

Think I'll just settle with hot toys hulkbuster. Age of ultron hype train slowing down anyway.

Sent from my LG-V497 using Tapatalk

Those guys drive me nuts. You got a guy making jokes about being "practical" about not making payments on a hulkbuster, then two seconds later says he may still buy it. Asine. If you spend the money on it you can't clown someone else for doing the exact same thing.

And the whole thing about the movie...stupid. If you where excited by the figure before having ever seen the movie then what difference does the movie make? Those are two seperate issues. It's not like the movie was great before you saw it? Silly.

And you know as soon as the figure comes out all the forums and sites will blow up for about two weeks. Then it's on to the next thing. Making an entire video to discuss the "hype" of a figure is silly. I mean what come on. You where so not interested that you took a got ready, set up a camera, invited a friend over, shot a 20 min video, edited it, and then shared it...all Becuase you don't care? Sure.

Sentinel HB is where it's at. Likely the best articulation, cool-looking opening mechanism, lights in both headsculpts. Bring on March.

The shf has better articulation. The CMC has a way better chest opening. Almost all the versions have lots of purty lights. I'm not seeing how the re:edit is some big improvement.

SHF doesn't open up; CMC needs to prove it can make a well-engineered figure with good articulation. To me, the Re:edit combines a lot of good features into a whole that will probably be well-designed and great-looking. The whole package is more appealing to me than any of the others. That said, you're free to disagree, and I'll eat my words if the figure turns out bad.

Back