1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just Po'ed it at BBTS but this is it for me for IronMen. This will be my 15th Ironman and I don't think it will be ever topped.

This is the idiot price I've ever seen for a toy. Bigger should not multiply the price by 4. Fools, hope no one orders it and they learn a lesson.
Surprised you'd have an issue with the price, Rory. You know what customs go for and a piece like this would never be possible for really any other company but HT. I think it's great it'll exist, even if I won't buy it. Just don't love the character/franchise enough but if I did, I'd be grateful to get it.

Why would you think that?... :lol

This has been one of the most anticipated Marvel figures and probably one of the most unique we probably won't see again...I'm not saying is selling out tomorrow, but you gotta be kidding me if you think this will sit on shelves.

For price alone, the figure looks amazing, no issues there though I will say as impressive as it is it will likely be a boring piece to own, posing something like that would be a chore, most who buy it will likely treat it like a statue.

I definitely would like to see a lot more in regards to articulation, just for interests sake. I do get the feeling it is kind of limited to a hero pose.

Even though the HB price was more than I expected, I pre ordered this giant on side show. With the flex payment plan $90 a month doesn't seem to bad. I have 5 hot toys and 3 on pre order all Iron man, the Hulk Buster is a must have for me. So now the wait begins about 15 months...

The problem I have with this is the question of how many will Hot Toys make??? I can't see too big of a production run due to its price. I used to love when Sideshow would put numbers to their production runs. Also having an exclusive with yet an even lower run. It really helped on creating the instant pre-order for me. The less made, the faster it would sell out, the more I didn't want to take the chance. That's the elephant in the room with this guy. If people think its out of reach now, what happens when PO's do sell out and it goes to a wait list?? I don't even want to know what this big fella will go for. I have thousands of dollars worth of collectibles still boxed that I could easily liquidate for this guy.... I just wish one day Hot Toys would divulge production numbers. They've only done so a few times, like with Avengers movie promo MKVI Iron Man. If not on any new items, at least some old stuff they won't revisit just to gauge on how "rare" these things might actually be.

Your right this could be a really rare figure..... The price was about $150 more then what I was expecting.... even though I said I was going to pass initially, after looking at it all day at the office I caved in and gave BBTS.com my $100 deposit..

Was hoping this wouldn't be more than $750. This will be $1200 to buy locally and I don't think I can justify that price at this stage.

Funny how we get a cheaper than expected Hulk, yet Hulkbuster ends up over the $800 mark. I think they took the extra cost of Hulk and added it to Hulkbuster lol.

Edit: $1300 on Popcultcha lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just don't think its worth it. Nothing I've seen of the figure to this point looks like it should cost best part of $1k. I have no problem paying a lot of money for items, this just smells like a "let's fleece the Iron Man nerds".

Was hoping this wouldn't be more than $750. This will be $1200 to buy locally and I don't think I can justify that price at this stage.

Funny how we get a cheaper than expected Hulk, yet Hulkbuster ends up over the $800 mark. I think they took the extra cost of Hulk and added it to Hulkbuster lol.

Edit: $1300 on Popcultcha lol
Thing is with the Hulk they'll have plenty more opportunities to re-use the body. Hulkbuster has to recoup everything plus make a profit in one shot. I'd be very surprised if we see it again in future films.

And holy smokes, $1300 AUD? You have it even worse than us Canadians. :lol For sure, you'd have to have disposable income galore to justify that.

I just don't think its worth it. Nothing I've seen of the figure to this point looks like it should cost best part of $1k. I have no problem paying a lot of money for items, this just smells like a "let's fleece the Iron Man nerds".
No doubt there is some of that going on, too, haha. Not worth it to me, either, especially with currency conversion. I do think the figure's neat, though.

Last edited:

That's me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Groooaaaan I have no business considering this yet 90 a month to flexpay... seems manageable. Fortunately there is time to wait on reward points/winning the lottery/robbing a bank.

I was prepared for $600, but damn I wasn't prepared for the actual price. I've gotta lure some more people to motel rooms so I can drug them and steal their kidneys. Yep both of them, no more mister nice organ stealer and leaving them one to live on.

Wonder how much Cain from Robocop 2 would be if they ever make it. They said they were gonna, but **** knows.

I was thinking the same thing too.

They wouldn't be able to get away with a price tag like this HB has though. People will buy this regardless of how bad the movie sucks (if it does, that is).

RoboCain? Limited audience. Very, I'd say.

Having said that, I'd totally pay $800 for a RC. But I'm sure HT will be fair and price it reasonably (LOL).

Anyone got any display plans for this? I Need some ideas or furniture options. Thanks in advance!

I haven't pulled the trigger on the figure YET but I was thinking about the same thing. I think a "Kallax" shelving unit from IKEA may work if the center boards weren't put in. Maybe fabricate a mirrored back and glass front with some internal lighting...just a thought.

kallax shelving.jpg

I"m gonna wait on it.. It's not gonna sell out anytime soon. Plus it's 1 year's wait.

Thing is with the Hulk they'll have plenty more opportunities to re-use the body. Hulkbuster has to recoup everything plus make a profit in one shot. I'd be very surprised if we see it again in future films.

And holy smokes, $1300 AUD? You have it even worse than us Canadians. :lol For sure, you'd have to have disposable income galore to justify that.

No doubt there is some of that going on, too, haha. Not worth it to me, either, especially with currency conversion. I do think the figure's neat, though.

Don't kid yourself buddy. This guy won't be much different here in Canada unfortunately. I little better, but not much.

K... I've figured out how this will be easy to order. $25 x 33 payments. Then it doesn't seem that bad, besides it will not come out on time anyways.

This will fit perfectly in a 24" Besta and I can probably fit mk43 next to it as well.

Back