1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got both hulkbusters in and well worth the wait. This is a spectacle of 1/6 collecting and outstanding craftsmanship by Hot Toys. The panel mechanics are well thought out and the massiveness of this figure is breathtaking. While there could have been a bit more in the leg articulation, I’m still giving it top marks for the execution,10/10.

oJBZILr.jpg

It truely is. When you look at it from an engineering and manufacturing viewpoint and think how many moulds they had to have produced, how many man hours to make, paint & assemble. Plus how well it actually works and articulates. It's a miracle it even exists !

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Been a while since I posted anything and just wanted to wish all you collectors a happy holidays and New Years.
Took a couple pics of the Hulkbuster that I received the day before christmas. Wanted to share....20171225_124634_resized (003).jpg20171225_124909_resized (003).jpg

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Been a while since I posted anything and just wanted to wish all you collectors a happy holidays and New Years.
Took a couple pics of the Hulkbuster that I received the day before christmas. Wanted to share....View attachment 384781View attachment 384782

That put a smile on my face. Thanks for posting these great pictures.

AFM

The articulation may be limited on this piece, but I’m in awe each time I look at it. After the years of wait, I can easily say it was well worth it. I’m so happy all of the collectors have (for the most part) received their HulkBuster and are enjoying the piece.

I don’t know if we’ll ever see another piece rival this one. The engineering, the wait, the anticipation, the sheer size. Just a great piece and it’s a joy seeing everyone’s photos. This is what collecting is all about.

Hope everyone has an amazing and safe new year! Happy collecting!

Still waiting on bbts. I did receive my dark lion voltron and mp39 sun streaker to hold me over.

Still bummed that bbts had been mum about it's shipment and it's been past the 10 business days per their email...

Still waiting on bbts. I did receive my dark lion voltron and mp39 sun streaker to hold me over.

Still bummed that bbts had been mum about it's shipment and it's been past the 10 business days per their email...
Feeling the same way.

Feeling the same way.

Cheer up guys. I'm sure you will be hearing something soon. It could be that BBTS is closed
for the holidays. Mine has arrived at my local comic store, but I don't the money to get it just yet.

Technically Tuesday the 2nd will be the 10th business day since the 25th and 1st aren’t business days. I am pretty sure we all got the email on Friday the 15th. Let’s hope we wake up to our cards getting charged on Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technically Tuesday the 2nd will be the 10th business day since the 25th and 1st aren’t business days. I am pretty sure we all got the email on Friday the 15th. Let’s hope we wake up to our cards getting charged on Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

👍👍👍👍👍

Awesome! You have a tutorial, equipment and products used and needed?

I'm sure a ton of us want to know including myself.

Hey thanks man but my work is very rudimentary. It was my first time doing something like this and I'm satisfied with how it turned out but don't ask me to turn the HB around because theres a mess of wires back there, haha. There is definitely room for improvement.

As for a tutorial, I just followed the basic steps outlined by JazzInc on his cool YT channel (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MTphxSQygY&t=1526s) but instead of using resistors like he did, I just made sure to get a 4.5v DC power adapter(VERY IMPORTANT!) so as not to blow out my leds. If you want some more details shoot me a PM, but again, I'm no expert. I got my info from the pros who post on here.

Hey thanks man but my work is very rudimentary. It was my first time doing something like this and I'm satisfied with how it turned out but don't ask me to turn the HB around because theres a mess of wires back there, haha. There is definitely room for improvement.

As for a tutorial, I just followed the basic steps outlined by JazzInc on his cool YT channel (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MTphxSQygY&t=1526s) but instead of using resistors like he did, I just made sure to get a 4.5v DC power adapter(VERY IMPORTANT!) so as not to blow out my leds. If you want some more details shoot me a PM, but again, I'm no expert. I got my info from the pros who post on here.

Awesome! Looks like a fun mod. Not sure if I'll do this as it will be in my cabinet and accessibility is quite difficult. If I do decide to do it I'll do both my ht hulkbuster and ka hulkbuster. I'm thinking the IRON man figures would be quite cumbersome to hook up let alone hide the wires as well.

Great job! 👍

Happy new years!

I managed to get lucky and got a Hulkbuster at Midtown Comics in Times Square in NYC today at the their New Years Day Sale.
It was -8% off the retail price of $825; so essentially saved NY sales tax. Midtown does sales at major holidays with
-20% off everything in the store; Sideshow only lets them do -8% off the items they distribute.

I was debating whether to get it, but couldn’t resist after seeing it on display. I think other people had the same idea- I managed to get the last one.
The store sold out the three they in stock in a few hours. Here’s a quick pic after setting him upDE6EA8C4-4584-4DA9-8B6E-8A3D870725D4.jpg

Has anyone removed the arms and legs?

It would make running the light wires easier if I didn't have to deal with the whole figure

I managed to get lucky and got a Hulkbuster at Midtown Comics in Times Square in NYC today at the their New Years Day Sale.
It was -8% off the retail price of $825; so essentially saved NY sales tax. Midtown does sales at major holidays with
-20% off everything in the store; Sideshow only lets them do -8% off the items they distribute.

I was debating whether to get it, but couldn’t resist after seeing it on display. I think other people had the same idea- I managed to get the last one.
The store sold out the three they in stock in a few hours. Here’s a quick pic after setting him upView attachment 385027

Nice pic 👍🏾

Back