1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I managed to get lucky and got a Hulkbuster at Midtown Comics in Times Square in NYC today at the their New Years Day Sale.
It was -8% off the retail price of $825; so essentially saved NY sales tax. Midtown does sales at major holidays with
-20% off everything in the store; Sideshow only lets them do -8% off the items they distribute.

I was debating whether to get it, but couldn’t resist after seeing it on display. I think other people had the same idea- I managed to get the last one.
The store sold out the three they in stock in a few hours. Here’s a quick pic after setting him upView attachment 385027

I ordered from them in October, paid in full and it still hasn't shipped yet. I don't think I'll be ordering from them again.

I ordered from them in October, paid in full and it still hasn't shipped yet. I don't think I'll be ordering from them again.

The person I dealt with yesterday said they had their pre-orders in as well. They came into the store last Thursday or Friday- so yours may be slightly delayed since they may have not shipped anything New Year's weekend/New Year's Day with UPS closed Sat through Monday

Still haven’t taken the batteries off!

29A9E331-DE5B-46AD-928B-EA2FB69DDDA6.jpg

The person I dealt with yesterday said they had their pre-orders in as well. They came into the store last Thursday or Friday- so yours may be slightly delayed since they may have not shipped anything New Year's weekend/New Year's Day with UPS closed Sat through Monday

Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

From BBTS

We are expecting our shipment to arrive tomorrow (Wednesday) barring any delays, so as soon as your pre-order processes we will be sure to email you accordingly.

Have a great day!

From BBTS

We are expecting our shipment to arrive tomorrow (Wednesday) barring any delays, so as soon as your pre-order processes we will be sure to email you accordingly.

Have a great day!

Nice! Did you get an email from them or did you do a separate inquiry?

So found out a comic shop I visit occasionally out of state has a HB in. Decided to sell my last few comics to try and fund this. Hoping I can get an equal trade.... but man, I hate sorting comics. Good riddance.

02D2FF99-9881-4707-8CAF-9B1FDF7070A1.jpg
A6AA4B76-7BCC-4A76-9402-37B724E77A41.jpg
C27495D4-06FA-4556-833D-BB3DE3750554.jpg

I got an email saying they were going to charge my card in the next 10 days... but that was back on 12/15... I message them, when will the charge it since it was past 10 days. That was their response .

I managed to get lucky and got a Hulkbuster at Midtown Comics in Times Square in NYC today at the their New Years Day Sale.
It was -8% off the retail price of $825; so essentially saved NY sales tax. Midtown does sales at major holidays with
-20% off everything in the store; Sideshow only lets them do -8% off the items they distribute.

I was debating whether to get it, but couldn’t resist after seeing it on display. I think other people had the same idea- I managed to get the last one.
The store sold out the three they in stock in a few hours. Here’s a quick pic after setting him upView attachment 385027

Glad you got one, but I doubt that Sideshow only "lets" them do 8% off on the items they distribute.
I'm friends with the guy that owns my local comic shop, and I know that his wholesale price on the stuff
that he gets from Sideshow is 20% off of retail. I would guess that is common discount that they give
retailers. If they sold it at 20% off, they wouldn't make any money, and we all know that they are all
about making some money, just like other retail businesses.

That 8% is for pre-order only. Once the figures land in the shop/warehouse it’s fair game. There may be floors that distributors can sell at for a certain period of time but pretty much the 8% is the only hard and fast I have been told about.

I got an email saying they were going to charge my card in the next 10 days... but that was back on 12/15... I message them, when will the charge it since it was past 10 days. That was their response .

Excellent! I'm awaiting my email of being charged. Not in a big rush as I'm at Disneyland now through Saturday.

👍

BBTS has it pre sold out but at a markup to $999.99. BBTS getting a bit greedy I guess in case of cc declines.

Who needs a mark 43 1/6 scale when you can buy this head with helmet/mask for 35$ hahahaha

I never like any armors after mark vi and perhaps mark 46-47

Hot toys keeps milking this franchise i thing the best figure to date is this hulkbuster by far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back