1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

I had no doubts that HT would be able to make this. Though bigger, it requires simpler engineering compared to Iron Monger.

Unless of course they would design this figure to open up and accommodate a full Mark 43 figure inside, but I doubt it and I believe the Mark 43 inside would just be a bust like Obadiah inside Monger.

posted 14 hours ago on the hot toys facebook,
is it hulkbuster? :panic:

hulkbuster.jpg

Attachments

• hulkbuster.jpg
    hulkbuster.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 778

I had no doubts that HT would be able to make this. Though bigger, it requires simpler engineering compared to Iron Monger.

Unless of course they would design this figure to open up and accommodate a full Mark 43 figure inside, but I doubt it and I believe the Mark 43 inside would just be a bust like Obadiah inside Monger.

While there's lots of speculation running rampant, it can almost be guaranteed that this is a solid piece through and through. I think they would've shown it if Stark's head was visible with an alternate HS or lifting helmet, as that's a pretty big highlight. As for space inside of it for a figure, well it'd be silly to put an armor inside the armor, as who would display it open? And if you didn't keep it open, why have armor inside of it that'd just up the cost by hundreds?

From all angles shown, and the lights in the helmet and elsewhere, this looks to be a solid, singular piece that will be a showstopper in many collections if the price is right.

Armor.jpg

Thanks for the recommendation, I will have a look at there site tonight. How quick do they get the figures in compared to other companies?

Well they get them in before Forbidden Planet & Order Sixty Six Toys, there's the standard wait of upto 2 months after Sideshow start sending out stock but that's just Sideshow's way of trying to make people go direct..., I did the maths & it works out over $100.00 more to buy direct, stuff that. I'm happy to wait a little longer & keep my money for other wants. lol ;)

Hard to believe this is going to be taller than the 1/4 MK 43:lol

There are certain magical numbers in the mind of the average consumer, usually multiples of 10. I think if this costs $1k, a lot of Ppl will be turned off not just withb the figure, but maybe he hobby as well. The straw that broke the camel's back. Many already feel priced out. And this just might be the "F you, HT" moment that's sorta been coming.

I agree. Money isn't tight for me, but nor am I rolling in it, and my credit card debt keeps jumping higher because of this hobby. When I started out I had grand plans to buy multiple versions of characters I liked--at least three Iron Man armors, two Spideys, two or three Caps, etc. But I've since changed course and now stick strictly to one version of each character. Also I bailed completely on Guardians of the Galaxy because I just didn't feel like dropping another $1,000+ on yet more 1/6 figures. Thankfully I have most of the superhero characters I need already from Hot Toys and will only be buying Cap, Scarlet Witch, and Ultron from the AOU line.

My god what a beast!!! This thing is insane, im so scared to see the price tag because i have to have it. Thank god those rps have been stacking up, looking to shave at least 400 off this thing when its released.

Red snapper was PP and one of the biggest surprises I've had. More articulation than expected (not to mention just totally cool and unique). So PP wasnt as bad as it sounded on the red snapper.

Is this a powerpose with limited articulation

They killed the power pose moniker after only two figure, one of which i would argue was closer to mms anyway and is one of my favorite suits. Plus they made peacemaker a mms instead because i imagine they fear the pp line wont sell (granted it had articulated hands). This piece is a huge investment for hts and marvel, its a center piece of their line so i doubt they'd put it under the pp name even if it has less articulation. My bet is its a mms for sure.

The other thing this and Thanos will do is displace about 5 figures from a display. Most ppl are already pushed to the max for space. So there a few figs who are up now likely to find their way to the top of the closet shortly. The sacrifice is not limited to financial.

The other thing this and Thanos will do is displace about 5 figures from a display. Most ppl are already pushed to the max for space. So there a few figs who are up now likely to find their way to the top of the closet shortly. The sacrifice is not limited to financial.

not a problem for me :lol

Well, it's gotta go somewhere. And it's the size of a toddler. So something is getting moved.

So how many Hulkbusters do we think that will be made? Since the price for this will probably be over $700.00, I think they probably wont make more than 5000 (7000 at most) of these. (THIS IS JUST MY PERSONAL GUESS!!) That way it prevents over stock and items not sitting around for a very long time.

Just looking around, the Delorean is starting to sell out here and there.

And a 22" bumblebee statue is retailing for $1300.

I think you make this limited. Because some ppl will never buy this just on price alone. Even deeply discounted it's out of the range of a lot of folk. So why make a lot of a product that many cannot afford? It's like Ferrari. They make a limited run. Not many of those sitting on the lots.

Back