1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a very clear vision of an evolving character form. Whilst across the trailers undoubtedly there is unfinished and WIP CGI work on Ultron, it's obvious there is an intention for a development from Mk1, to the more advanced Prime, to (and ending on?) an advancement of the Prime with heavier and more vicious features .

There's too much consistency across the designs for this not to be the case, and equally I doubt, a month from release (and less, at this point), that the studio would be putting out promo material that has contradictory designs of a character that is intended to have a static form across the movie.

:goodpost::exactly:

something I'm working on

Prime ---> Ultimate

Nice, this looks spot-on based on the material we've seen so far. :clap

thanks! working on the rest of them now but it's hard to find any decent shots of Ultimate's lower body

This is what I think, I'm guessing ultron will have his face blasted and the eyes and mouth pieces will be blown off leaving us with what looks to be the classic ultron look. I can see that being why Hot Toys hasn't announced Ultimate ultron yet as I can see him coming with two heads and Marvel probably doesn't want to spoil anything from the end of the movie.

Just my speculation though.

This is what I've been saying since we first saw pics of Prime! This dude gets me.

Here'sanother way to put it, what's different in the Ultimate Ultron figure? It's die cast? A couple small cosmetic differences? Ultron isn't exactly Iron Man. I hope it does happen but, I think it will piss off a lot of people that ordered the Ultron Prime figure and paid a NrD ( even though you can switch it the new figure)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here'sanother way to put it, what's different in the Ultimate Ultron figure? It's die cast? A couple small cosmetic differences? Ultron isn't exactly Iron Man. I hope it does happen but, I think it will piss off a lot of people that ordered the Ultron Prime figure and paid a NrD ( even though you can switch it the new figure)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
They look different enough for me to actually want to purchase both. :lecture

If and when Ultimate comes out, I'm still keeping my order for Prime, especially since it seems like it will be Ultron's main default form throughout the film, not to mention it's my favorite out of the two designs so far from what we've seen.

As far as we can tell, Ultimate Ultron features a beefier chassis, more armor, especially throughout the face and chest, and a gauntlet on his left forearm. I doubt it'll be diecast. If Prime's $375, I could see Ultimate at about $400 to $425.

As far as we can tell, Ultimate Ultron features a beefier chassis, more armor, especially throughout the face and chest, and a gauntlet on his left forearm. I doubt it'll be diecast. If Prime's $375, I could see Ultimate at about $400 to $425.

The worst thing is Prime is overpriced(like by a lot), the size doesnt make up for it, neither does the base and its plastic. I think Prime should be $329 and Ultimate $350, but thats wishful thinking at best

The worst thing is Prime is overpriced(like by a lot), the size doesnt make up for it, neither does the base and its plastic. I think Prime should be $329 and Ultimate $350, but thats wishful thinking at best

Yep. Titular baddie in biggest movie of the year = price gouge. Plus the Avengers Ta-, well, you know. :lol

Not only that but it feels like Hot Toys have been pushing buyers limits lately trying to see how far they can stretch their wallets.... especially with the 43

You think that's bad, wait until we get pricing on the XLV. If it's diecast and comes with a lot of BD pieces and a new Tony headsculpt, it could tickle four bills. Hell, it may not come with nearly all that much and it still may! :ohbfrank:

You think that's bad, wait until we get pricing on the XLV. If it's diecast and comes with a lot of BD pieces and a new Tony headsculpt, it could tickle four bills. Hell, it may not come with nearly all that much and it still may! :ohbfrank:

not looking forward to seeing the price on that thing..... stupidly enough I will buy it regardless

I don't think it will be diecast though

Pricing on Prime... just imagine the size of the box. And don't forget the shipping.

Likely over $500 to get this in your hand...

11046183_10154107454297588_1284548700128993885_n.jpg

I don't know how you kids afford a franchise like "Avengers". 9 heroes plus a giant villain.

Just barely :lol.... 3,versions of Ultron and the promo and Hulkbuster plus the sentries, plus the Iron Legion drones, artist mix figures and cosbabies... then there's other stuff like posters, t-shirts and other merch....
Thank god for flex pay :thud: and thankfully I only have to get Starboost and Gamora between now and August

Prime is a monster of a figure though. Going to be really impressive.

I'm really just collecting the villains so all I'll have is Loki and Mk I Ultron.... and maybe Thanos when the next Avengers comes (when he gets a better outfit).

Yeah, haha, I might have to tap out because of the price, let alone the space. That's gotta be like $4000+ to own the entire set including Hulkbuster.

not looking forward to seeing the price on that thing..... stupidly enough I will buy it regardless

I don't think it will be diecast though

Yeh I am hoping for plastic, extra head sculpt, battle damaged pieces, weapons etc etc... basically this films version of the Mark VII plus I need a main armour I can invest in a dyamic stand for and stick in a flight pose!

Pricing on Prime... just imagine the size of the box. And don't forget the shipping.

Likely over $500 to get this in your hand...

11046183_10154107454297588_1284548700128993885_n.jpg

I don't know how you kids afford a franchise like "Avengers". 9 heroes plus a giant villain.

Thats exactly why, even though he looks cool, I will be passing on him, will pick and choose on the heroes (think I have the 3 I want, going to wait for Widow and Thor for the next films they are in).

Think I may get the Mark 1 Ultron though, even though you get part of him with the 43 that figure looks pretty good.

At this point I doubt we're going to get the EW headsculpt for Ultron, so sadly I think I'm passing on all iterations at this point. Basically it looks like now I'm just getting HB and nothing else from this line. I still think there are figures we haven't seen yet that havent even been teased that will be released, so maybe one of those will peak my interest.

Back