1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy ****. Is it me or does he actually look quite a bit like classic Ultron when he opens his mouth more. I LOVE that.

mCxgXnh.png

tNZMPam.png

Nice find! He looks great there; I really love that look.

Holy ****. Is it me or does he actually look quite a bit like classic Ultron when he opens his mouth more. I LOVE that.
:exactly: Way back, a lot of people complained about the addition of a more expressive face coupled with visible teeth. I thought that such complaints were really silly, especially since the design captured the bare essentials of Ultron's classic facial structure, and it really shows when Ultron Prime opens his mouth to talk.

I know I'll be posing my HT Ultron Prime mouth agape as if he's giving a profound speech about humanity's extinction. :yess:

A **** ton of people are bitching about his voice. I mean...I guess we'll get used to it but if they at least explain that his voice is part of his upgrades I'll be fine. But the first few times I thought it literally just sounds like James Spader in a padded room recording his lines in the very beginning.

A **** ton of people are bitching about his voice. I mean...I guess we'll get used to it but if they at least explain that his voice is part of his upgrades I'll be fine. But the first few times I thought it literally just sounds like James Spader in a padded room recording his lines in the very beginning.

sounds fine to me :dunno

I'm okay with the voice. But I'd have preferred a slightly more mechanical one. Not computer-y sounding, but... for an AI, I don't care how sophisticated Stark and Banner made the guy, there's oughta be some kind of artifacting or blips during his speech from how words are put together. Like a text-to-speech program sounds, albeit more fluid. If that makes sense.

I didn't know Ultron Prime's mouth had articulation. That's great to hear because I really like that look, too.

Going off of the proto pics, some of them show him with his mouth open (especially the one that shows off his base and details). That said, HT didn't mention it in their specs so I could be wrong (I would hope not).

I'm okay with the voice. But I'd have preferred a slightly more mechanical one. Not computer-y sounding, but... for an AI, I don't care how sophisticated Stark and Banner made the guy, there's oughta be some kind of artifacting or blips during his speech from how words are put together. Like a text-to-speech program sounds, albeit more fluid. If that makes sense.

Not hearing Spader's performance, I personally would have picked something similar to the A.I. canine killing machine called Blade Wolf from the video game "Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance".

That said, I honestly LOVE Spader's voice and I wouldn't have it any other way based on what we've gotten from the trailers so far. Personally his voice performance exceeded my expectations and it makes for a really memorable one for a robot character, especially compared to the usual stuff we'd get for Ultron in recent cartoons.

I've honestly never heard or seen anyone complain about Spader as ultrons voice... I was under the impression that it was one detail that everyone was on board with.

That said, I honestly LOVE Spader's voice and I wouldn't have it any other way based on what we've gotten from the trailers so far. Personally his voice performance exceeded my expectations and it makes for a really memorable one for a robot character, especially compared to the usual stuff we'd get for Ultron in recent cartoons.

In Avengers assemble he has a more human voice.

It's not bad, I have no complaints. It's not Spader by any means but I can see they are trying to somewhat emulate more human elements though... I wouldn't be surprised to see them eventually animate ultron with functional mouth at some point.

I'm in the minority, but I actually enjoy Avengers assemble... Anything is better than "United they stand" I've tried to watch that series multiple times because of ultron, but it's just awful. But nothing will surpass EMH. I'm guessing this is one of those situations that where this series is supposedly an extension of EMH because ultron came out of nowhere one episode and they all knew him already, and that was the first time they had him in the show.
Haven't heard him from there yet, only from EMH and the Next Avengers cartoon movie. Was it any good though?

It's not bad, I have no complaints. It's not Spader by any means but I can see they are trying to somewhat emulate more human elements though... I wouldn't be surprised to see them eventually animate ultron with functional mouth at some point.

I'm in the minority, but I actually enjoy Avengers assemble... Anything is better than "United they stand" I've tried to watch that series multiple times because of ultron, but it's just awful. But nothing will surpass EMH. I'm guessing this is one of those situations that where this series is supposedly an extension of EMH because ultron came out of nowhere one episode and they all knew him already, and that was the first time they had him in the show.

Huh curious, I wouldn't mind checking it out then if it's not too bad.

Haha, one of the only few good things about "United They Stand" was the first (and one of the best) Ultron figure we got from Toybiz back then. :lol

Back