1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what's the consensus about this one going to waitlist soon? Seems like a lot of people (myself included) are turned way off by the price.

At this point I doubt we're going to get the EW headsculpt for Ultron, so sadly I think I'm passing on all iterations at this point. Basically it looks like now I'm just getting HB and nothing else from this line. I still think there are figures we haven't seen yet that havent even been teased that will be released, so maybe one of those will peak my interest.

You mean the Sentry?

Think he means the EW cover head
Part of me wonders if Marvel had not 100% approved the design of Ultron at that point so chose to use the current Sentry model in his place. Guess it depends if Ultron ever uses that body as his main self earlier in the film as he's bound to body hop at some point from Sentry to Sentry.

A theory could be he's in a sentry body that the avengers destroy and believe him dead, but he ends up just biding his time until his new formidable body is being created. We'll see in a couple of weeks!

Part of me wonders if Marvel had not 100% approved the design of Ultron at that point so chose to use the current Sentry model in his place. Guess it depends if Ultron ever uses that body as his main self earlier in the film as he's bound to body hop at some point from Sentry to Sentry.

Its definitely a sentry on that cover, just changed Red. It came out fairly close to the trailer so I doubt they changed the design of Ultron the quickly, its more likely they wanted to save the reveal for the trailer debut.

Its definitely a sentry on that cover, just changed Red. It came out fairly close to the trailer so I doubt they changed the design of Ultron the quickly, its more likely they wanted to save the reveal for the trailer debut.

This. :lecture

They already seemed to have a good idea as to what Ultron would look like in the film way before that EW magazine promo. Way back, we got those pre-cgi on-set photos of a stuntman in practical gear, dressed in what looked like an early/rough rendition of Ultron Prime. I think the EW magazine cover was meant to draw attention away from those leaked images at the time.

For what it's worth it worked, I remember how some people thought that the Ultron Prime stunt suit was just another character thinking that the REAL Ultron was the one on the magazine cover. It was something that struck me as odd, especially considering how the Ultron Prime stunt suit looked more like an advanced form of Ultron compared to the one seen on the EW cover which looked more piecemeal and asymmetrical by design. In this regard, it makes sense as to why the main reveal in the first trailer was a full-on closeup of Ultron Prime's finalized design.

This. :lecture

They already seemed to have a good idea as to what Ultron would look like in the film way before that EW magazine promo. Way back, we got those pre-cgi on-set photos of a stuntman in practical gear, dressed in what looked like an early/rough rendition of Ultron Prime. I think the EW magazine cover was meant to draw attention away from those leaked images at the time.

For what it's worth it worked, I remember how some people thought that the Ultron Prime stunt suit was just another character thinking that the REAL Ultron was the one on the magazine cover. It was something that struck me as odd, especially considering how the Ultron Prime stunt suit looked more like an advanced form of Ultron compared to the one seen on the EW cover which looked more piecemeal and asymmetrical by design. In this regard, it makes sense as to why the main reveal in the first trailer was a full-on closeup of Ultron Prime's finalized design.
Makes sense... I had always assumed Ultron would go through a couple of different forms and that the one from the set was a later one with the EW cover being earlier... but as you and Brainiac say maybe more to draw attention away plus the Sentry is sized better for that shot in comparison to the other two.

From TV Spot #10, Ultron Prime vs Iron Man Mk 43:

nWYLGCL.gif

Ultron Prime looks so badass here. :panic:

Man Ultron is already owning Stark with advanced weaponry and technology :yess: the Prime looks different in all most all it's scenes, it's amazing how much lighting affects him and adds a lot of character to each scene.

Man Ultron is already owning Stark with advanced weaponry and technology :yess: the Prime looks different in all most all it's scenes, it's amazing how much lighting affects him and adds a lot of character to each scene.

This is exactly why I like Prime. I think he looks the most menacing too. I actually get why Joss decided to give him more of a face now and I think it's a pretty good design. I just hope that the final HT product has awesome proportions like he has in the film. That's my only worry. I'm super excited to get this guy and will wait to see how Ultimate Ultron looks in the end. It's growing on me.

Back