1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am now hoping ht does the Ultron mark 1 or the sentry drone I am not impressed with this figure but love the look in the film!

I currently live in Canada, but I would never buy figures living here lol. The dollar is almost the same as the Aussie dollar and you also have to add tax on top of that. On many figures, shipping to Canada is the same price as shipping to Australia. Must be really hard being a collector here.
Then just to top it all off, the minimum wage here is a lot lower than Australia as well. Ontario is a very expensive place to live!

That it is! It's pretty crazy. But I mean, there's no real choice outside of not collecting :lol It definitely causes you to be more selective than many in the States have to be!

It's especially hard with a lack of outlets to purchase from directly here. Superpower used to be a great place to order from, but they closed down. Toys2 is another option, but they charge in US dollars...that's somewhat understandable with the fluctuating dollar; however, I'm not a fan that their shipping and taxes are ALSO added on in US dollars. I'd prefer it if they just didn't charge the taxes/shipping until it was in-stock so that those two parts could be done in Canadian.

Then things being shipped from Sideshow/elsewhere get tagged with an additional $50-75 in customs fees.

Long story short: Yes, it's rough collecting in Canada...especially now :lol (I believe the dollar is trading for .80 cents US atm)

I would like to have one for my collection if it is in $240ish price range. But at that price, I rather save more $$$ and go for the Hulk Buster instead

I was really looking forward to this, but I think I'm going to pass now. The upper torso just looks a bit too bulky to me, I think it's the shoulder pads perhaps. Between that knit pick and the $380 price tag without this figure being die cast. Easy pass for me.

I'm a little surprised and disappointed that they aren't using die cast with this release. It sure would make the price a little easier to stomach.

Another thing I noticed today is that of the 3 characters they've put out for preorder so far, all of them have different stands. It'd be nice if we could have a bit of uniformity across the line. Either give them all light up stands like Ultron or simple cradle stands like Cap.

I'm a little surprised and disappointed that they aren't using die cast with this release. It sure would make the price a little easier to stomach.

Another thing I noticed today is that of the 3 characters they've put out for preorder so far, all of them have different stands. It'd be nice if we could have a bit of uniformity across the line. Either give them all light up stands like Ultron or simple cradle stands like Cap.

If it where diecast it would be 30% more expensive.

As for the stands...having a uniformed base would be ok I suppose, but very few people are actually going to buy the whole line anyway. Also, because of the height and weight differences the smaller figures would end up with oversized bases that could add to the cost. You would also miss out on the dio-base like iron man has. And on top of that, there's no way the hulkbuster base, if it has one, would work for everyone else, or other figures bases work with him.

I don't think a uniformity would really be possible without additional overall costs and it would take away from some of the cool individual nods.

Yeah I'll admit that I have very little concern about the uniformity across the line, since I'll only be getting Ultron anyway (possibly the Ultron Sentry and Ultron Mk 1 as well).

I know some folks made fun of the stand for this one, but I honestly love it. A 3D stand of the Avengers logo done in Ultron's style complete with LEDs? It's gimmicky crap like this that I absolutely love. It sure as hell beats the typical oval base! :lol

Also to officially announce it, I put down my PO for this at BBTS yesterday. :yess:

Maybe they'll just have those cradle stands for the human sized characters (Cap, Thor, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Hawkeyes and Black Widow) and the rest will have a diorama or larger base. I like the look of the Ultron one though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow, WTF is up with that price? They are seriously going to price themselves out of the market.

I'm sure it would be more expensive but certainly not 30%. That's another $112.

I get the draw of the diorama stand and understand that heavier figures need more support. You can still have similar looking stands that function differently, perhaps making them a bit heavier or even larger for the die cast figures.

I probably shouldn't make blanket statements lest they be taken too literally. I guess I should have said "it would be nice to have uniformity across the line, with the exception of Hulkbuster, which everyone knows won't come with any type of stand."

Maybe they'll just have those cradle stands for the human sized characters (Cap, Thor, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Hawkeyes and Black Widow) and the rest will have a diorama or larger base. I like the look of the Ultron one though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like the Ultron stand too. I'd be ok if they just made that the standard base for all the figures. Make them so you could use either the bendy rod or crotch cradle.

I think that 30% is about the industry average for diecast. Look at iron man. 250ish for plastic, 300-350 for diecast. That's for a 12-13 inch figure. A 15-18 (the range ultron will be in) and that esaly covers 100 bucks.

If you say so man. How can one argue with facts pulled out of thin air?

The price for silver centurion,(Marvel Iron Man - Silver Centurion - Mark 33 Sixth Scale Fig | Sideshow Collectibles) heartbreaker, Gemini are not pulled out of thin air. Compared to mark 42, mark 43, mark 3 are not either. Nor are the sizes of 12-13 inch heights. The height of ultron is announced at 16, given history I factored in a one inch leeway. Thus 15-17 inches. Not sure what numbers where pulled out of thin air, unless your counting my wifi as thin air. Then you win.

Mark 33 is 249.99 so basically 250.
Mark 3 is 309.99 or 310. Or about 25% more.

The mark 43 is 350. It is the most current diecast put up for sale, from the same film. Making it the closest price comparison I could find. Comparing it to a plastic release that is current isn't easy since there really are not any. So I averaged the four most recent armors. Python, bones, starboost and silver centurion. The price difference amounted to 28.8%. I didn't just pull this out of thin air.

Last edited:
I know that people love "dem metal parts yo", but Ultron being plastic doesn't bother me one bit considering how 90% of 1/6 figures out there are well.... you know, not diecast? I'm just thankful that this didn't reach the $450-$500 mark at all. :monkey4

Back