1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Igor isn't diecast but people had no problem with it being 500 bucks. I pre ordered ultron prime. Once the movie comes out and james spader wins us over with his Performance people will go crazy when this is sold out or put on the waiting list

you mean that Igor thats still available, from multiple places...? that one? how do you know how many people actually paid that? my LCS ordered 1... every other IM is at least 10 orders, so that tells me there is way less demand (in my city anyway) for such a high price point

I must say i find Ultrons final design to be abit goofy or cartoony. It doesn't really invoke the fear the character is supposed to give off. His first version or his sentries are much more imposing.
That being said this figure does look well made

Avengers-2-Ultron-Versions-Spader.jpg

Avengers-Age-of-Ultron-Robot-Army-Soldiers.jpg

I wouldn't say Ultron Prime is cartoony but I don't like it... :dunno I can't get used to it, I prefer the previous forms. A good thing I can say about Prime is that it remids me a bit of the old school robots

BW_Maria(5).jpg

I dunno why but Prime reminds me of her :lol

Anyway, I think I'll pass on this one, I dunno... if I like him in the movie I'll po him

Last edited:
you mean that Igor thats still available, from multiple places...? that one? how do you know how many people actually paid that? my LCS ordered 1... every other IM is at least 10 orders, so that tells me there is way less demand (in my city anyway) for such a high price point

The fact that anyone is even buying him is ridiculous in the first place. Yet, if you go to the forum, people are in love with it. Sure, it is still available online, but are you surprised? I'm not. To me everything about igor is unappealing; the look and character is unimportant. I highly doubt that a main villain such as Ultron would be looked at in the same light of an Igor character. If people are willing to spend 510 dollars before shipping on a mediocre character, I'm sure people will have no problem with Ultron. ..eventually lol. I hate the price myself and think it's a big rip off. But as long as people are willing to spend money on a Figure like igor, HT will continue to raise their prices as they see fit. Through a business standpoint, HT played the situation nicely. Bait the customers with fair prices, reel them in because they're hooked and switch the prices on them

Alotta ppl saying they dont like the ultron design are gonna be fan boying over it once they see the movie lol. I like it.

Alotta ppl saying they dont like the ultron design are gonna be fan boying over it once they see the movie lol. I like it.

Design is what weve been shown for months, its cool, but not at that price. USA people can swallow it, but us canadians at 20% exchange rate? its like $500 easy

Lame. If that ends up being the case hopefully the performances/story-line are executed so well that people forget about what Ultron looks like. I personally think he looks pretty damn dope.

I like the look, though not as much as his classic comic look. I am not a fan of this price. He's more than the UCS Helicarrier, and that thing is the size of 2 Ultrons.

I wouldn't say Ultron Prime is cartoony but I don't like it... :dunno I can't get used to it, I prefer the previous forms. A good thing I can say about Prime is that it remids me a bit of the old school robots

BW_Maria(5).jpg

I dunno why but Prime reminds me of her :lol

Anyway, I think I'll pass on this one, I dunno... if I like him in the movie I'll po him

HAHAHAHA!!! Isn't that the robot from Fritz Lang's Metropolis? If so, then that's EXACTLY one of the reasons why I love the design so much since it reminded me of that as well! :rotfl

Its weird resemblance to the robot from Metropolis really catered to my love for retro-robot designs, and I thought it was very much in line with Ultron's modern mindset in the comics.

:clap I guess that's where we really differ in this regard, while I absolutely love the classic look of Ultron, I already had a huge affinity for the robot from Metropolis hence why this new design appealed to me so perfectly with it being sort of a combination of both.

I had sticker shock when I looked at the listing because I didn't realize how tall the figure was. I'm not sure that I like the height difference but the more I think on it the more it's growing on me.

To me it's more frightening when something is the same size as a human being but completely unstoppable. That was one of the frightening aspects of Terminator.

Edit: 1k posts! :panic:

Yeah, I get why it works for some with an affinity to Ultron's more modern look, but seeing the movie is not suddenly going to make me like this design. I'm OK with it from the neck down, but the face just looks goofy. I'm sure I'll enjoy the character and Spader's performance but that face is the opposite to me of intimidating or menacing. Ultron's initial appearance captures a lot of what I like about the character, with its leering and somewhat sadistic visage. Shame it's not more physically imposing.

Last edited:
I had sticker shock when I looked at the listing because I didn't realize how tall the figure was. I'm not sure that I like the height difference but the more I think on it the more it's growing on me.

To me it's more frightening when something is the same size as a human being but completely unstoppable. That was one of the frightening aspects of Terminator.

Edit: 1k posts! :panic:

:clap :clap

Well this IS the robot with an apparent superiority/god-complex, so I like to think that he'd actually look majestic and refined in appearance than necessarily frightening. I think that there's the aspect for me that, much as I love classic Ultron, he never really seemed menacing or scary to me visually.

If anything, the humanoid face gives him that feeling of uncanny valley, so I actually find it more unsettling.

Yeah, I get why it works for some with an affinity to Ultron's more modern look, but seeing the movie is not suddenly going to make me like this design. i'm OK with it from the neck down, but the face to me just looks goofy. I'm sure I'll enjoy the character and Spader's performance but that face is the opposite to me of intimidating or menacing. Ultron's initial appearance captures a lot of what I like about the character, with its leering and somewhat sadistic visage. Shame it's not more physically imposing.

:lecture That's absolutely fair enough, I've kept up with the character for quite some time, so I've had a bit of time to appreciate some of his more modern stories that depict him as being " progressive" in his affinity for something more pseudo-organic (design-wise) instead of just purely sticking to his technological bias.

That said, I respect that some may not appreciate this aspect of the character the same way as I do.

Back