1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maria_and_C_3PO_by_Shutori.jpg

c3po-concept-art-starwars.jpg

C3MetropolisP0.jpg

ultr.jpg

Grievous3.jpg

lifesize-terminator-t-800-endoskeleton-12.jpg

That's how I see it.

HAHAHAHA!!! Isn't that the robot from Fritz Lang's Metropolis? If so, then that's EXACTLY one of the reasons why I love the design so much since it reminded me of that as well! :rotfl

Its weird resemblance to the robot from Metropolis really catered to my love for retro-robot designs, and I thought it was very much in line with Ultron's modern mindset in the comics.

:clap I guess that's where we really differ in this regard, while I absolutely love the classic look of Ultron, I already had a huge affinity for the robot from Metropolis hence why this new design appealed to me so perfectly with it being sort of a combination of both.

Yup! thats her :duff

AVu3Ny7.gif

I think her name is... Maria, right?. I love the golden age of science fiction, if Ultron Prime was female I'd buy it in a heartbeat :lol I always loved retro-robot designs

Last edited:
Well this IS the robot with an apparent superiority/god-complex, so I like to think that he'd actually look majestic and refined in appearance than necessarily frightening.

If anything, the humanoid face gives him that feeling of uncanny valley, so I actually find it more unsettling.

That's a thoughtful response. I have not looked at it like that but you are probably right.

I'd still like to see "the monster" Ultron -- jealous, vengeful and angry.

Maybe in the end his "beautiful design" will get battle-damaged and ripped up in a way that reflects the cruelty and horror that he truly is. That would be cool.

I've gotta say that since I'm disappointed in this I've kinda lost my urge to pick up the mark 43 and the new cap :(

I really wanted a cohesive fight display, I'm thinking I'll wait and see if hot toys makes the smashed up ultron from the avengers tower scene

Design is what weve been shown for months, its cool, but not at that price. USA people can swallow it, but us canadians at 20% exchange rate? its like $500 easy

Damn man 20 percent! I keep forgetting canada has it so bad. Thats a shame.

Yeah I figured she was the robot from Metropolis! I absolutely adore her design but I wasn't sure from the closeup shot since I remember her most from this part:
metropolis_kino_blu-ray_k1.jpg

That's how I see it.

To be honest, I like every single one of those robots (uh well, cyborg for Grievous but you get what I mean). Basically being reminiscent to all of those robots coupled by Ultron's modern appearances, it actually made for such a perfect combination that really catered to a lot of my aesthetic preferences. Not necessarily saying that Ultron is completely inspired from them since there's still a lot of comic Ultron in there, rather the similar vibes that his new design are giving off are actually what I like about it. :lol

Damn man 20 percent! I keep forgetting canada has it so bad. Thats a shame.

Yeah, this is a rough time for Canadian collectors...everything is getting marked up that's sold up here, and we have to mark up everything ourselves when calculating orders coming from the States. Hopefully it balances out again soon...not fun at all.

Yeah, this is a rough time for Canadian collectors...everything is getting marked up that's sold up here, and we have to mark up everything ourselves when calculating orders coming from the States. Hopefully it balances out again soon...not fun at all.

thats kinda crappy..... this is all about the oil I think

Just about every representation of a robot as a humanoid owes a debt of gratitude to Maria and Metropolis.

No doubt. Admittedly it's why I was pleased with the film design. While Ultron has adopted both robotic and humanoid appearances in the past, it's never ever been done as a combination like the one we got from the film (it's always been one or the other). Going for the middle ground in this case, it was something that I actually appreciated on the part of the film designers/artists as I felt that it's a more subtle way of hinting at his hypocrisy than blatantly going all-human like they did in the comics.

Just about every representation of a robot as a humanoid owes a debt of gratitude to Maria and Metropolis.

:goodpost:

All of this made me realize that I need a 1/6 Maria :lol so I'm gonna star a project, Morgan's Maria

Some people have done similar projects
072999a.jpg

I don't know how long its gonna take, at least I have a spare female body. Thats a start :yess:

I currently live in Canada, but I would never buy figures living here lol. The dollar is almost the same as the Aussie dollar and you also have to add tax on top of that. On many figures, shipping to Canada is the same price as shipping to Australia. Must be really hard being a collector here.
Then just to top it all off, the minimum wage here is a lot lower than Australia as well. Ontario is a very expensive place to live!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back