1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As with above posters I don't mod my figures unless I have an extra for that purpose. I'd like to see better pictures because it does look good.

If your modding wait for the new Cap. It is an entirely new body and sculpted to better rep evans

i took out the fatsuit. left his underwear part of it.
took off all the pecs they had on him. now hes not huffn and puffn his chest. so hes more broad not thick
pulled his ears out
painted the chin piece
painted all the blue on his suit to be darker. its now more like the vinyl parts color. and took away that shiny reflective look.
also a wash over the helmet to match the clothes

took 2 different lighting pics. in hand he looks like the 1st pic. dark :)

9636.jpg

9630.jpg

That looks really good. If I ever come across a cheap AoU Cap Im going to buy it to mod it.

As with above posters I don't mod my figures unless I have an extra for that purpose. I'd like to see better pictures because it does look good.

Lighting ain't great and iPad cam sucks, but here you go.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I'm looking to buy if anyone wants to sell, or knows someone who has one. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how hard would it be to just get the jacket/ upper body suit? I want to kit bash my own captain america.

Saw Clipper's video and felt like I needed to make some mods. Didn't take everything off as it seemed too much of a hassle but did take the head sculpt off and stuck my exacto blade into the undershirt and cut it so now that his arms can sit a lot closer to his body.

DSC_0082_zpsqngnflbh.jpg

DSC_0087_zpsdzmgqsui.jpg

DSC_0088_zps88sgsmqs.jpg

DSC_0092_zps4e6pa5ys.jpg

I couldn't stand how the shield wouldn't sit in the middle of his back so I cut out the magnets. Before I zipped up the back of the suit, I repositioned the magnets between the under suit and outer suit. Then I put the shield on his back and it fit dead centre without the shield sliding off centre to the one side like it always does before this mod. Doing this type of modification allows you to position the magnets where you want them by pushing them around with your fingers. You don't have to worry about the magnets moving all over the place on their own after you position them, because the suit is so tight to the body that they stay in place. Now I love looking at my Cap.

I couldn't stand how the shield wouldn't sit in the middle of his back so I cut out the magnets. Before I zipped up the back of the suit, I repositioned the magnets between the under suit and outer suit. Then I put the shield on his back and it fit dead centre without the shield sliding off centre to the one side like it always does before this mod. Doing this type of modification allows you to position the magnets where you want them by pushing them around with your fingers. You don't have to worry about the magnets moving all over the place on their own after you position them, because the suit is so tight to the body that they stay in place. Now I love looking at my Cap.

Great job. I was always bothered by that. Any pics?

Not wanting Cap to be just in a museum pose, so far these are the only two poses I could get Cap in that worked for me...
CapPoses.jpg

I know AoU Cap isn't easy to pose, but I'd love to see what people consider some more of the best poses this Cap figure can be put in.

That looks good. I've got mine in sort of a dodging/running pose. From what I've seen the CW figures will have a lot better articulation due to the design of the suit.

image.jpg

I haven't put mine in a dynamic pose yet. I want to see if I can incorporate the finger-pointing hand somehow, but he's standing on guard at the moment.

I like his hands on the belt buckle- nice pose.

Yea, I wish AoU Cap came with a pointing hand, this should be something every Cap figure should always have.

That looks good. I've got mine in sort of a dodging/running pose. From what I've seen the CW figures will have a lot better articulation due to the design of the suit.

I like that pose too Motuxmen! Yea, it does look like the CW Cap will be improved when it comes to better articulation. It's just to similar to what I already have in the AoU figure though for me to pick up; and I like the white on the arms of the AoU costume better. If I had missed out on the AoU Cap I wouldn't have hesitated to get eh CW version and be thrilled that it has better articulation, but I'm just trying to figure out how to get the most out of what I already have.

Thanks for sharing a pic of the pose you have your Cap in. :duff

Back