1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking at the sold listings on Ebay, and this seems to have dropped in price quite a bit. There were a few $340 Buy It Nows from China, but the majority sold for $250 or under. It's pretty much back to selling for retail price.

I'd surmise due to the release of CW BV Cap and the imminent release of the CW regular version. However, I've seen some people in reviews state they prefer this figure over at least the BV Cap, due to the slightly brighter colors.

I've considered upgrading to the CW version for the slightly better physique, but I prefer the brighter colors of this as opposed to the drab red and dingy white. Haven't decided yet.

I've considered upgrading to the CW version for the slightly better physique, but I prefer the brighter colors of this as opposed to the drab red and dingy white. Haven't decided yet.

I like the Aou look much better. And the back of the CW suit is odd looking. It has a considerable (the CW over the Aou) range of motion due to the design, but it just doesn't look as good. If I was choosing between the AoU, CW Bv, and CW I'd stay with the Aou. Then buy the new CW regular head for the swap out plates. But if it's just one figure and no part swap if get the regular CW. The head just has a lot more character and options due to the plates. But outside of that I prefer the Aou. (I like the magnet option for the shield as well)

(You where asking about the boots..I just remembered that the CW has a two part boot system as well. Not the one piece like the previous versions.)

IMO AoU is the better look. If I had to have one Cap it would be AoU but CW looks really good and there is enough room in my collection for both.

Have to say I prefer the AoU version as well. The CW version is OK but it's just boring with the dull colors and simplified design.

I have both and yes the AoU really pops with the white, but it isn't really screen acurate considering the white was much duller on screen than what is represented on the figure.

If the price has dropped that's great news for people who missed out and would still like to pick it up.

I have one for sale if anyone is looking. Please dm me. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're only going to have one cap the AOU is the way to go. It's as close to a "standard" Cap as we'll ever see. Perfect headsculpt, classic colors. Plus it has the magnetic shield which is awesome because every other Cap figure is a pain in the ass when it comes to arranging those "touch them and they immediately unbucke" shield straps over Cap's shield-arm.

If you're only going to have one cap the AOU is the way to go. It's as close to a "standard" Cap as we'll ever see. Perfect headsculpt, classic colors. Plus it has the magnetic shield which is awesome because every other Cap figure is a pain in the ass when it comes to arranging those "touch them and they immediately unbucke" shield straps over Cap's shield-arm.

I've been flirting with civil war cap and have aou cap. Appreciate this perspective.

I've seen several people say that they didn't think AOU cap could be topped and I definitely agreed. However, once I got CW cap I could really tell its the superior figure. I mean subjectively speaking if you prefer the color scheme of AOU better then most definitely get him. Especially if he's dropping to more reasonable prices.

AOU cap is still a great figure, but CW caps physique is so much better and they've really nailed the tailoring so it doesn't interfere with articulation nearly as much. If there ever was a cap that looked great in more "Action-y" Poses its the CW cap.

I've seen several people say that they didn't think AOU cap could be topped and I definitely agreed. However, once I got CW cap I could really tell its the superior figure. I mean subjectively speaking if you prefer the color scheme of AOU better then most definitely get him. Especially if he's dropping to more reasonable prices.

AOU cap is still a great figure, but CW caps physique is so much better and they've really nailed the tailoring so it doesn't interfere with articulation nearly as much. If there ever was a cap that looked great in more "Action-y" Poses its the CW cap.

You e just pushed me back to getting it. Thanks. [emoji3]

oh no problem haha.

I think you'll be really impressed in hand. The biggest complaint coming out about the figure (other than opinions on the color scheme) is that the shield can be harder to get on the arm. Which is only really is only being complained about because of the brief magnet intermission we got with the AOU figure. It's not really enough to detract from the figure IMO. Especially as someone who owns all the other cap figures I kinda had the strap thing down to science :lol

The biggest complaint coming out about the figure (other than opinions on the color scheme) is that the shield can be harder to get on the arm. Which is only really is only being complained about because of the brief magnet intermission we got with the AOU figure. It's not really enough to detract from the figure IMO. Especially as someone who owns all the other cap figures I kinda had the strap thing down to science :lol

This. :lecture

I have every other Cap figure as well, so the strapped shield isn't a daunting task for me to attach.

I've got both AoU and the BV CW and looking at it side by side I prefer the BV CW, weathering aside, the body proportions
on the chest are a lot better on the CW version and you can pose him in a more natural state with his arms going straight down his side.

I've got both AoU and the BV CW and looking at it side by side I prefer the BV CW, weathering aside, the body proportions
on the chest are a lot better on the CW version and you can pose him in a more natural state with his arms going straight down his side.

I can see Loki talking to the figure now. "Now isn't this your natural state?"

I can see Loki talking to the figure now. "Now isn't this your natural state?"

tumblr_inline_nqezm3762m1ra905q_500.gif

Back